Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

looking forward to Conor making an easy 2mil on 3 minutes of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Conor doesn't TKO/KO Mayweather by Round 3, he loses. I'm completely uncultured to boxing but I've seen Mayweather fights and that dude just floats. Conor can't touch that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna see Conor win and become the world's greatest draw, just to run the UFC into bankruptcy by upping his asking price to insane levels.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scapegoat posted:

Has Floyd ever let anyone get under his skin in the ring? All the comments here indicate he's exceedingly disciplined.

except when it comes to women, yeah he's an icon of self reservation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JaySB posted:

Five minutes of Conor sparring some middle of the road WW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfl_2A-MfmY

Conor vs Nick Diaz boxing would be neat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jay z's sedan posted:

I hope McGregor wears one those newsie style hats in the lead up

maybe pegs Mayweather Sr with a potato and cuts a promo on child exploitation

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Some guy at work is convinced McG will win. I could probably get him to bet on it, but he's kind of dumb so idk if its ethical.

if he's dumb and rich: totally ethical, encouraged.
if he's dumb and poor: completely unethical, don't do it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is pulling guard considered a knockdown or a slip? asking for my small irish friend.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Who was the celebrity boxer that faked a heart attack and then sucker punched a win by TKO? Conor should watch that and learn something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

McGregor's KO strength has been in his opponent's headmovements. He'll put his fist path right on a dead on intercept course.

I expect Mayweather to wear McGregor out with feinting head movements. Should take around 3-4 rounds based on the Diaz fights(apples and oranges I know but in terms of gastank expenditures roughly equivalent).

Also, based on the Diaz fights, McGregor has a very limited response for when a fight plan collapses. The first fight after the left uppercut failed to finish, he got lost and became reactive. Being reactive to a Diaz is pretty much the end. Being reactive to Mayweather will pretty much lead it going to the judges. If Conor's got the gilded luck of the irish applied properly, he might win. But he's fighting against the promoter and the state that benefits financially from said promoter so yeah.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

projecthalaxy posted:

I bet its hard to do your taxes when you cant read

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hmm give $100 to a woman beating tax cheat or spend the next month cleaning russian cooties out of my computer. hmmmm

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

projecthalaxy posted:

Or just watch the six second gif of the "fight" the next day

solution accepted.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

presented without comment

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/05/201259125118584344.html

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

eshock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ew1tBuMB28&t=6793s

It's a few seconds after this but honestly I would back up and start from when Conor starts talking, the whole thing is great.

When did Conor start talking like Nick Diaz?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Floyd can't talk
Conor shouldn't talk

how many more of these circuses are they going to do?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Conor and Mayweather and saying some automatic throws hands level poo poo to each and they don't throw hands.

its a metaphor for the ppv, you see.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Le Saboteur posted:

Before that win in 2015 he hadn't fought since 2012. How was this guy even on their radar.

he parked Dana White's car once.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This will 100% be worth the money if McG goes for a kick and May pulls a counter kick

extra points if its a trapped leg enzuigiri

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Conor's going to win lol.

so far, it looks like he's banking on being faster than Mayweather.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

real boxers train naked wrapped in weights to simulate fighting on high gravity planets.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Volkerball posted:

Mayweather always bounces around and avoids getting into trouble, so Conor is probably going to just mock him for not standing and banging as Mayweather wins a long boring decision and then hopefully fucks off forever. If mcgregor does a lot of the type of thing in that picture, at least he's got a narrative when he inevitably loses. That little fookin bitch was runnin scared.

Yeah if this is a complete work(and its shaping up to be), Conor loses this one, takes the rubber match and the freakshow mma fight goes to a draw when they provoke a riot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I may have been on drugs but I swore i saw an ad for mini versions of Conor and Floyd fighting the night before. I'm more into that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

turn's out Conor's a fuckin neo-nazi, hail hydra.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You not supposed to hurt your sparring partners?

Depends on gym protocols. We were taught to fight for your life but that's only because they'd stomped our balls for an hour beforehand.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh yeah, Conor sparked this dude, repeatedly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

taped fists soaked in oil then dipped in glass and set on fire. No rounds, no judges, no ref. Just fight. fight forever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

help me, i'm dying over here omg

wtf is this

its supposed to loosen up your joints and tendons so impact shocks won't be catastrophic structural failures. its still goofy as hell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Floyd had to cheat to beat Big Show btw. Also nearly blinded Show with strikes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the way I see it:

10% Conor Wins by ref stoppage
10% Mayweather wins by ref stoppage
40% Conor by Decision
40% Mayweather by decision

but hey, Mayweather's promotion is running the show so they get a little edge in the reffing

5% Conor by stoppage
15% Mayweather by stoppage
40% Conor by decision
40% Mayweather by decision

oh wait, Mayweather bought off the judges because its boxing and this poo poo works more than dollar day hooker
5% Conor by stoppage
15% Mayweather by stoppage
20% Conor by decision
60% Mayweather by decision

even worse, Mayweather's not normal in that ring. he moves hella fast and is hard to lock down
5% Conor by stoppage
20% Mayweather by stoppage
10% Conor by decision
65% Mayweather by decision

you see the numbers don't lie and they say Conor McGregor is hosed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

let's be real and admit that Floyd's gonna coast to an easy decision.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jack B Nimble posted:

Time: Pay-per-view card will begin at 9 p.m. ET

There we go : )

so 1am main event start?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayweather beat his wife in front of his kids so I hope Conor kills him. With a gun.

I'd pay $150 to watch that replay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

throwing around money like that reassures bettors that they have the money to payout. Esp needed in skittish economic times like these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

to astral project into a building with so many people, you have to be very powerful. You do not have enough time to train.

• Locked thread