Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Cool finals but it was just one mark short of 16-0. Will we ever have a 16-0 in our lifetime now with the prevalence of jump shooting? Because really how likely in the future could a team go hot for 4 games while the other team who made it to the final go cold for four straight.

Also if you want to meltdown over the finals mvp kevin durant keep it in the other threads, we got real meaningful basketball to talk about

Lots of juicy free agents this summer, here's the cheat sheet:
http://hoopshype.com/2017/04/26/nba-free-agency-2017-the-top-players/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
No

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress KEVIN DURANT

When does Summer League start?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress KEVIN DURANT

this is the offseason story line

lebron's not coming to the spurs until 2018 when our cap space opens up

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So someone help me out here. The Dubs are eventually going to eat poo poo financially for this roster, right? When does that happen, and what implications could it have?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So someone help me out here. The Dubs are eventually going to eat poo poo financially for this roster, right? When does that happen, and what implications could it have?

potentially next offseason and the two proceeding off seasons as steph, klay, and draymond's contracts come up

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Lebron will never abandon the east, it is written.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think I heard that it would cost about 2 billion dollars to keep the team together over the next 5 years, assuming Curry gets a max contract

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I love Lebron he's really good.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If they are willing to pay the luxury tax they would look the cavs now where they can't sign anyone new to the team except for veterans on min contracts so they're stuck with iman shumpert taking minutes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's going to be very expensive to keep this roster together for more than four years, but not as expensive as the owners were hoping when they thought it would be the Lakers doing this and didn't know the cap was going to increase by 40%

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Durant's contract is also up after next year. He said he'd be willing to take a discount to stay, but I don't think that really moves the needle considering rising salaries and who needs to get paid

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

I think I heard that it would cost about 2 billion dollars to keep the team together over the next 5 years, assuming Curry gets a max contract

Could they theoretically do that if they just went ungodly far into the tax? The cap makes my brain hurt.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Could they theoretically do that if they just went ungodly far into the tax? The cap makes my brain hurt.

they could, but i think next offseason is when they have to start gutting the bench. 2 offseasons and klay probably leaves. but building around draymond, KD, and steph is still a great recipe for success

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think that's like astronomically far into the tax bro. Not happening

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/874481623231746048

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SUMMER LEAGUE TITLE DEFENSE STARTS NOW, CHUMPS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Controversial(?) opinion: I'd take Rose if he's willing to come off the bench. The wolves badly need someone who can score in the second unit.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

the bucks need weapons

fear the deer 2018, book it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

IcePhoenix posted:

Controversial(?) opinion: I'd take Rose if he's willing to come off the bench. The wolves badly need someone who can score in the second unit.

The problem isn't Rose as a player. He's still a decent enough talent that can play significant minutes.

It's if he's willing to play off the bench and the price he demands.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He's right though. Still the best basketball player in the world.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tae posted:

The problem isn't Rose as a player. He's still a decent enough talent that can play significant minutes.

It's if he's willing to play off the bench and the price he demands.

why can't i be sixth man of the year

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe once derrick rose gets wavered mid season for being derrick rose the cavs could pick him up for the minimum

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
guess i need a new avatar

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

guess i need a new avatar

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's right though. Still the best basketball player in the world.

Yea but he threw all his teammates under the bus

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

E2M2 posted:

Yea but he threw all his teammates under the bus

lol what a huge loving stretch

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Goos n Views

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Grizz bitch

the cool thing about being a basketball fan mercenary is that there's few teams you can wrong with for rooting on a given night

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Don't let the offseason distract you from the fact that two men kissed in an NBA finals game

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
These playoffs have taught me (again) as a raptors fan.

1- LeBron is the best player of his generation and still the best player alive today in 2017. And its not that close. He still has many years left of his career barring injury, it will be very interesting to see where he ends up among the Jordan,Kareem,Magic,etc.

2 - The GSW have compiled a ridiculous super team that is unprecedented in pro sports and hopefully will never happen again. Having a top 5 league player join the team with a historical win-loss and efficiency is ridiculous. Not saying the league should have stepped in, because they shouldn't. But man, gently caress KEVIN DURANT.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The official Nick Young free agency extravaganza can begin now

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
LeBron James may well be the best basketball player I have ever seen. His play in the 4th was incredible.

Blake Griffin, JaMychal Green and Alan Williams will all sign with the New Yark Knecks.

What's up with Teodosic being on that Free Agent list? I thought he was never leaving Europe? He's been a superstar there forever he'd be a bench dude over here.

Is Donatas Motiejunas' body all hosed up forever now?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

good idea

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The team that signs Kyle Lowry is going to regret at least two years of the contract they give him, yeah?

I'm also somewhat convinced that Danilo is a secretly flawed player who doesn't help your team that much. A real Kyle Korver type.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lebron should go to the Rockets IMO

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

zapplez posted:

2 - The GSW have compiled a ridiculous super team that is unprecedented in pro sports and hopefully will never happen again. Having a top 5 league player join the team with a historical win-loss and efficiency is ridiculous. Not saying the league should have stepped in, because they shouldn't. But man, gently caress KEVIN DURANT.
I'm not really sure there's anything that can be done though. We just have to live through Golden State winning the next 4+ Finals.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SourKraut posted:

I'm not really sure there's anything that can be done though. We just have to live through Golden State winning the next 4+ Finals.

In the salary cap era, I'd be suprised if they win more than 1 of the next few years. We've already seen Cavs beat them before. Their big 4 (5?)or whatever can't last.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thats a fine av, sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zapplez posted:

In the salary cap era, I'd be suprised if they win more than 1 of the next few years. We've already seen Cavs beat them before. Their big 4 (5?)or whatever can't last.

That was pre Durant though.

• Locked thread