Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghost Dog posted:

you are morgan freeman in that robin hood movie now im sorry

well i do have a pretty ballin scimitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

what the gently caress thats 3 pages in a row i did the first post
weird

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

So are there any teams that are serious challengers to the Warriors at this point?

The Spurs looked good before the Kawhi injury, maybe if they can move enough contracts to sign CP3 without sacrificing too much depth they have a better chance?

The Cavaliers look stuck unless they decide to seriously reconfigure their roster including the big 3.

Houston isn't close enough, neither are the Clippers if they re-sign CP3.

Warriors could be worse next year and the cavs could be better. Injuries are unpredictable.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

Warriors could be worse next year and the cavs could be better. Injuries are unpredictable.

the true competitor of the warriors, and all teams, is the inexorable march of time, the death and decay that is the inheritance of all mortal beings,

oh and also

https://twitter.com/fyrebear/status/874506149546143745

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

gently caress the warriors

:lol:

Also, they made IT, Carmelo and some others into Quasimodo hunchbacks.

zoux posted:

What's the league's rationale for moving the awards announcement to the end of June, because to me it seems stupid.

In one word: GREED.

mastershakeman posted:

Has any player besides Durant won a finals MVP immediately after switching teams, either via free agency or trade?

Magic Johnson technically switched teams too in 1980.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

chunkles posted:

the true competitor of the warriors, and all teams, is the inexorable march of time, the death and decay that is the inheritance of all mortal beings,

oh and also

https://twitter.com/fyrebear/status/874506149546143745

James Harden put on 10 pounds of PURE DEFENSE and worked out with Dikembe Mutombo

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ammanas posted:

what are they gonna do with oracle when the warriors move to their stupidass downtown SF stadium

Turn it into a giant megachurch like they did with the Compaq Center. Mark Jackson can run it.

KD put up the best finals performance by minute since at least 1974:

code:
GmSc/48	Player			Year
36.6	Kevin Durant		2017
34.8	Shaquille O'Neal	2002
34.5	Magic Johnson		1987
33.3	LeBron James		2017
32.2	Shaquille O'Neal	2000
32.0	Michael Jordan		1991
31.1	Michael Jordan		1993
30.6	Stephen Curry		2017
30.5	Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1980
30.5	LeBron James		2016
29.3	Shaquille O'Neal	2001
29.3	Michael Jordan		1992
29.3	Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1985
29.2	Joe Dumars		1989
28.6	LeBron James		2014
LBJ fourth best and Curry in eighth. Very elite finals performances.

Jack's Flow posted:

I've been talking about that with a friend, and yeah, I could see him talking a (much) smaller role in the organization. I am not ready for the Mike Brown era though.

I am ready for the Mike Brown dynasty. GSW wins seventy games each year and Mike Brown laughs like this each time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU&t=20s

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Paul Zuvella posted:

Check out Buddy when Buddy get up

He ain't even get up that far

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:savage:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Away all Goats posted:

So are there any teams that are serious challengers to the Warriors at this point?

The Spurs looked good before the Kawhi injury, maybe if they can move enough contracts to sign CP3 without sacrificing too much depth they have a better chance?

The Cavaliers look stuck unless they decide to seriously reconfigure their roster including the big 3.

Best option for both the Cavs and the Spurs is pretty much to just stand pat and hope the Warriors' injury luck finally runs out.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Away all Goats posted:

Spurs for sure. Cavs have a punchers chance until the day Lebron goes to the great vineyard in the sky.

Boston actually might get there if Ainge gets off his rear end and starts consolidating his 37 tradeable assets into 2 superstars

Milwaukee might be the next Warriors and surprise everyone by suddenly not being too young

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

giannis is insanely close to being a superstar but the rest of that team is just the defensive half of the warriors. their offense is Real Bad

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It sucks that Jabari Parker keeps getting hurt.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Brolander posted:

so who yall got for Most Valuable Poster? i'll probably just mash that Bashez again this year

Easily Kibner, I sent him money on paypal for my all star game ticket before meeting him and got the ticket instead of just losing money to a stranger online.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Out of curiosity are there any rules against an owner owning more than one team?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
My guess is yes because that would be a pretty blatant conflict of interest?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
There's pretty much no way that a Kevin love for Paul George trade would ever happen right?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlb9oaeqio

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The SituAsian posted:

There's pretty much no way that a Kevin love for Paul George trade would ever happen right?

I have no idea why that trade is considered so legit. It makes zero sense at any level, especially on an asset exchange level.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Nick is my MVP.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

predicto posted:

Boston actually might get there if Ainge gets off his rear end and starts consolidating his 37 tradeable assets into 2 superstars

Considering the talent on the Warriors Ainge would need 3 superstars at minimum. Still, I doubt there are many franchises willing to part with their superstar for [draft pick that may not be as good as current superstar]

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

He ain't even get up that far

thank you nick

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nick is my MVP.

Hell, Same.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thank you for your votes. Go Grizzlies

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Noctone posted:

Some day not soon enough the San Andreas Fault will get the last laugh.

And a slighted Donald Trump will command his leaderless FEMA to deny them any funding.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

i'm so here for this

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The fans are the real MVPs.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
There's a 3 part 30 f0r 30 going on covering the Lakers/Celtics rivalry if anybody's interested

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Kurt Rambis was a goofy lookin sumbitch i tell ya what

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/TrillestAC/status/874480471882817537

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I nominate Dejan for poster of the year if only because we learned so much about Eastern Europe this year

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

NickRoweFillea posted:

There's a 3 part 30 f0r 30 going on covering the Lakers/Celtics rivalry if anybody's interested

lol larry was salty with media

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

Easily Kibner, I sent him money on paypal for my all star game ticket before meeting him and got the ticket instead of just losing money to a stranger online.

:3: I try to be responsible with other people's money.

Spacebump and Nick were both cool goons that I got to meet this year and I am thankful for them.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Kibner came and had some brews with me and my irl boys and was excellent company. He and his band also played for St. Jude! 10/10 guy would recommend

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

E: double post, don't mind me

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/874665646419841024

I choose to believe

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
how much does hayward move the needle in boston?

he'd take crowder's spot, but isn't crowder a better defender? i guess crowder would move to PF which shouldn't be too bad a fit for him. hayward definitely offers an offensive upgrade, but how much of one?

just wondering how people see that move playing out

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hayward played for Stevens at Butler, yeah?

Smuckles you will not be able to find an accurate assessment of Hayward's abilities because he is White+American, a condition which gives the viewer basketball cataracts. Kevin Love had the first 30/30 game in three decades, he's got a ring, he's been the second best player on a team that's gone to the finals three years in a row and we still have no idea whether or not he's poo poo.

But Hayward did really well and beat LeBron that one game which is better than anything anyone on the Celtics can say recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jglz8s3Q1HE

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 14, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Getting gentlemen swept in the CF is a funny definition of a contender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

EvanTH posted:

Hayward played for Stevens at Butler, yeah?

yeah with great success (2x ncaa finalist)

but that was college

• Locked thread