Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kill me if that's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

It can't be true

Yeah I don't think it would have been agreed to 24 hours ago if it were true. Plus that dude's been tweeting out bullshit for a while now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Don't like it. At all

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Danny Ainge is trying to get fired and it's not great for my blood pressure

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

xbilkis posted:

I think, if nothing else, this is confirmation the Celtics probably would have just taken Jackson #1 if they couldn't have traded down

Now Celtics fans just have to trust that Danny Ainge is a good enough talent evaluator to buck the conventional wisdom regarding the tiers in this draft...

He's not a great talent evaluator, unfortunately. He like his scrappy d guys and sometimes it works out but sometimes it ends up with him offering 6 picks for Justise Winslow. I hope he's just being an rear end in a top hat and trolling everyone

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jah Okafor is the low-post Rudy Gay

lmao Boston. Danny Ainge's entire rep is based on him fleecing Billy King one time. Which is not that hard

I'm not sold on the current trade but his reputation also has to do with assembling a very good team out of thin air and winning the championship

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

That wasnt Danny Ainge.

That was me.

Please tell all your Boston fan friends maybe somebody will give me a free burrito or something

I don't talk to Boston fans about basketball. I like being in my own shell. I'll buy you a burrito though

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'd characterize him as more erratic than good or bad.

We also don't know what else is going to happen over the next ~month. If he can get both Hayward and Butler and they can get past LeBron to the Finals, then it's a good trade.

Yeah I don't know what to think about him really but my current thoughts are: if they were going to take Jackson anyway they might as well get another pick

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I hope the Lakers draft Jackson and the Celtics feel obliged to take Ball. Lavar v. the boston's not racist at all media will be a treat. We'll probably have video of him kicking down Shaughnessy door within a month

They'll take either Tatum or Jackson

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
And you wanna know why I light things on fire

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
A stupid Boston fan doing something stupid also makes plenty of sense and it's pretty funny

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Raising awareness for stupid Boston fans with way too much money to burn somebody please think of the bro Boston fan

Do they not bleed green. I'll cut myself right now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What's even the point of that leak, is it just danny ainge trying to put some noise out there so people will go hey look he's trying, he's trying really hard okay!

Do you seriously think that Danny Ainge is leaking that?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Paul George with a question mark, Danny what the hell are you leaking?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Yeah as a non story to divert attention from trading their pick. Seems pretty random otherwise, what's next a article titled knicks will try to make the playoff this year

Do you know how to read

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Don't be one of those, the threads have been bursting lately

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I just read the words "MARK WAHLBERG REALLY, REALLY WANTS THE CELTICS TO TRADE FOR JIMMY BUTLER" and I can't stop laughing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
All we need is for KD to wind it back from 2010 twitter to 2009 twitter and Metapod can get his smile back https://twitter.com/kdtrey5/status/1643535530

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Now that's a leak

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

If the pacers then take the guy the Celtics want, :discourse:

I think Danny wants either Jackson or Tatum so it wouldn't matter that much

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I want maximum draft chaos dang it!

Well, that I am sure you will witness

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's fine, I can't even judge it until we see what the pick turns into

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

wait so Boston only gets one 2019 pick whether or not they get the 2018 Lakers pick? lol

No, they only get one extra pick total, if it's not 2018 lakers its one of the 2019 picks

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah, i went back and saw i misread it. i def think boston got fleeced since they gave up a #1 for a 0% chance of getting a future #1

I think they didn't because they wouldn't have chosen Fultz at 1 regardless

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Presumably because Phoenix needs a PF in the worst way and wouldn't want Butler with Booker around

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Danny is getting Counter-Danny'd

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Danny is a Mormon, therefore God's chosen blessed sweet one, and is an alpha. Trust and believe.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge you monster

Gonna end up with Anunoby

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahaha

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

link goes to a page on "indianasportscoverage.com" that regurgitates a bunch of other articles and doesn't mention the news in the tweet at all

Edit: Breaking news from this dweeb

Don't you TALK about Grant Afseth that way. He's been there for me through thick and thin, one time he literally gave me the shirt off of his back when I ripped my own shirt. It was way bigger than my shirt. That's Grant.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Well, there goes any chance of them signing David Griffin's son Blake to a deal.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/876950011149471744?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

lady deserves a dang medal for agreeing to live in ohio for this long. even when lebron played in miami they lived in loving ohio jfc

http://media.gettyimages.com/videos/shot-over-house-of-lebron-james-akron-ohio-united-states-video-id179625273

Must have been a real chore

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Well, maybe things have changed!

I have honestly thought of buying Suns season tickets, if they had a bus like the Diamondbacks did I would probably.

Suns have been my second team for almost 15 years now so anything good that happens to them is fine by me

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dear God

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

shut up shutup SHUT UP SHUTUP

Sorry, I'm glad for the attention to be averted off of Danny Ainge for a few minutes

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahahah loving hell. I'm so sorry Brolander

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/876971332088549376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

annual reminder that Sam Amico's sources are jack poo poo and he's never scooped any of the reliable big names out there. Anyone might reasonably infer that Cleveland is fielding offers for Love because why not, but the odds of him scooping, say, Windhorst, on some Cavs news are nearly zero.

Kevin Love to Boston, I agree.

• Locked thread