Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Metapod posted:

Trading LMA would an incredible lovely thing for the spurs to do but on the other hand it would be really funny

Yeah, but OTOH he was supposed to be a lot better for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Trades now please

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This guy should teach me about being awesome and a borderline alcoholic

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Bashez posted:

What the gently caress do the Cavs even have? Aren't their only tradeable assets Love and Kyrie? I like Danny and all, and he's definitely better than those two, but I don't think you can convince cleveland of it.

I appreciate your measured analysis.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cavs could also trade TT, but that boy ain't a Spur

Edit: Kevin Love could do a pretty good accent and pretend to be a Euro. He already looks like one???

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

You will have a tag-team of James Harden and Chris Paul running that offense for 48 minutes a game. Good Christ

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Trade Bev to Cleveland, imo

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

^^ Yeah, you said "good GM"

EvanTH posted:

I hear there's a former ROTY (who could maybe use a shooting coach) available for cheap, is that good enough :laugh:

A former MVP, too

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

EvanTH posted:

Speaking of Deron Williams remember when he was the worst player in the world during the 2017 finals? I never want to see him on the court again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxKIQK2O9Lc
be sure to check out LeBron's vicious screen on Clark in the first play lol

I had repressed that. gently caress. He was awful

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Noel could be interesting on the Nuggets next to Jokic, if not for Paul Millsap signing with the team as a free agent yeah baby go nuggets

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm just gonna leave this here, and you should probably click on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCn323X3c_0

Edit: It's a little-known song from 1960.

big boi fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 26, 2017

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Was James Jones ever athletic or particularly good in any way? I tried watching a career highlights mix, but the announcer used the term "played collegiately". Suffice it to say I went and hanged myself and there's no bbref in Hell

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

That's why you keep TT: to deal with the death lineup and also to avoid Hack-A-Deandre.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm sure if it was Westbrook doing the dance it'd be funny.

Nice persecution complex

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Agreed, I don't really care about my favorite player's taste in movies or his preferred technique when beating the poo poo out of his wife who's trying to escape with their child

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/894754750956163077

There's a new sheriff in town.

Edit oh well

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Kyrie is really loving good and IT might be done

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Are the Cavs still in salary hell

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahaha Danny Ainge finally pulls the trigger when the gun is in his own mouth

thread title, Hand Knit

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Spacebump posted:

LeBron James will continue to poop on the Celtics. Plus JAE CROWDER WILL PLAY HARD DEFENSE

Yeah Crowder is a pretty drat nice upgrade from the corpse of Richard Jefferson

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Can I get some info on Isaiah Thomas's hip? Like even if he's out until February that's fine for the Cavs

https://docflynn.com/2017/05/21/isaiah-thomas-hip-injury/

quote:

The best-case scenario for Isaiah Thomas is that he responds to rest from basketball, more physical therapy, and possibly one steroid injection. If he has already exhausted these options or if his medical team decides that he needs a more aggressive approach, then hip surgery would be the next step. Recovery from surgery could be anywhere from 6-9 months, depending on what is done and how he responds. The good news is that over 80% of athletes return to prior level of play after hip arthroscopy, although there is no specific data for NBA athletes. The bad news is if Thomas does require surgery it will likely impact the beginning of the 2017-18 season for an athlete who has shown himself to be the heart of the Celtics team.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

IT/JR/Crowder/LeBron/Love

:getin:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Boogie and Kyrie seems like a bad combination of personalities

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/JustinESports/status/900143908163731456

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

zoux posted:

I skipped to the end here, I trust the name of the Boston paper vis a vis Kyrie has been brought up

Yeah, he heralds the end of a promising stretch for Boston

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

zoux posted:

Good first step but now they need to sign actual Zisek because the league needs critical theory.

Protecting the rim, deterrence by slobber

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

That was from KD's latest podcast with Bill Simmons. It was actually quite interesting, even accounting having to listen to Bill Simmons.

I like Bill in general, but at one point in that podcast he started talking about Jason Taytum for no loving reason in the middle of what could have been an interesting conversation about Denver.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Love will be on Iggy and LeBron on Green, but yeah.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

What was the Kendrick Lamar album that was on constantly in commercials for the playoffs

Yea yea I got soulja DNA

That's the only good album

drat.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

KD's the total package. Best player in the league atm. Wish he had joined my stupid team

It's still LeBron until proven otherwise. Switch LBJ and KD in this year's Finals and it's a sweep.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's a totally fine opinion but I don't know how I'm supposed to prove something by debating fake situations so you win

I've been reading Reddit, so this is the level of debate I'm capable of at the moment

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

chunkles posted:

Also I had a nightmare that the Rockets traded for Carmelo Anthony. Thanks NBA.

So did James Dolan, but he woke up with great relief

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Who the hell is going to shoot threes for the Cavs until IT gets back, if Wade is a starter? Love being the sole reliable guy behind the arc, combined with the Wade and James reunion tour, would kill this idea of bringing back Minnesota Love.

Edit: I am all for Wade murdering second units and JR starting for his shooting. That would own

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I am shocked to learn that PFZ is a Trump supporter

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

He's the one who creates threes for the other guys. His own shooting behind the arc is fairly inconsistent.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Brolander posted:

Was he trolling when he gave that barely cogent interview

Don't you love when people who don't read decide that they're going to start using big words

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Kyrie is the Dunning-Kruger effect personified. Walking, talking, hitting insane layups in our midst

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Wade was making insane clutch shots, including threes, against Charlotte just two years ago. This also happened in those playoffs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgXD-nOg-X4

He's going to be taking shots from Korver and Deron Williams, who can't hit three pointers in the playoffs, and he's LeBron's best bud. He probably won't make mistakes, and he'll hit big shots. I like this for the Cavs.

No I did not watch a single minute of him on last year's Bulls, why do you ask

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

if wade and rose are good for the cavs i am going to fake my own death and then haunt the united center like the phantom of the opera

I'm late but lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

My friend is in a honest to God workingman's union, and he was absolutely rammed in the rear end in favor of people with seniority for the first few years he was there. So the NBAPA is normal in this case

• Locked thread