Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I'm surprised he is moving to the east coast, it would make it harder for him to play league of legends with his west coast friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I'm about to go into cancer surgery, here's to hoping the knicks would improve today too. Humor me in what non dolan ways the knicks could get better this offseason

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Thanks for the well wishes fellas the doc said the surgery went well. I gotta not stress or exert myself for awhile which I think is the medical term for watching the knicks with an open heart. But yeah I'm not cloaking before dolan does gently caress that

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

1) What are my best bets for watching if I don't have TV service? I got a decent-sized TV that's hooked up to an XBox, so are there any good options for streaming sites or apps that I can use? Happy to pay for a subscription if necessary

I recommend Sling Orange + Sports Extra which will get you espn espn2 tnt and nbatv for a cool 25 bucks a month. Try that out when the season starts and mix it with reddit nbastreams to check out teams to see which one you really like and then you can pay nba league pass to get the local games

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

2) Who should I be a fan of? I'm really hesitant to go back to the Bulls because I don't want to compare everything the current team does to my idealized memories of MJ and his superhero friends, so I'm kinda just looking for a team that's decent enough that watching them won't be constant heartbreak, and fun enough to watch that I can really develop that love. Things that I, a basketball dummy, think are cool as hell include big men plowing through defenders and big men doing authoritative blocks, so please direct me towards any teams that do a whole bunch of that poo poo, or just please tell me a sentence or two about why your own team is the coolest and I'll 100% be convinced

Depends on your timezone I guess but the east is a graveyard right now. There's the bucks if you want to watch the growth of a rising superstar in giannis. and that's about it. The west has alot better entertaining teams to get into right now: There's the rockets with james harden and d antoni who just added chris paul. There's the unfortunate pelicans who is going try to figure out how to mesh anthony davis and demarcus cousins together. The thunder is on a one year watch to see if the league mvp russell westbrook and one year rental paul george will enjoy their time together enough this year to stay on the team or both move to the lakers. And finally there's the nba champion golden state warriors if you want to bandwagon the heavy title favorites

quote:

3) Are there any good resources for understanding terminology and strategy? Like, I remember enough about the basic rules, and I know broadly what each of the positions are supposed to do, but I definitely don't have enough knowledge of the game to appreciate what's going on beyond "gently caress, that big man plowed through that defender"

This isn't really at all a book about learning the game but it's probably the best book written about the nba so you could check it out if you want to really get yourself immerse into the nba
https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Seconds-Less-Season-Phoenix/dp/0743298136

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Huh. I would've guessed that they would've prolong halftime to make up for the lost commercial airtime. I guess they figure tv ads are a relic of the past and jersey placements are the future

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The simple answer is just to let them play for their original side since they were voted in to be the east allstar not west allstar etc.

But honestly they should just abolish the east vs west allstar game since it's now the worst part of the weekend. Let's get in some new contests in like allstars dancing. Allstars synchronized swimming. Allstars curling. Allstars iron chef. Allstars banana boat.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Here's the article: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-cleveland-cavaliers

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

According to the article kyrie thought about requesting a trade right after they got the ring. This just seems like a case of alright I got my ring now I want to be the number one guy again no matter what

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

He wants to be The Man and he thinks he'll get that spotlight in san antoni of all places?

He's gonna join paul george in the lakers next year

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/888499970491301890

So just wait for lebron to leave next year??

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Just a minor side effect of most of the league tanking into the ocean

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

All LeBron has to do in response to that Curry thing is remind him of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

And then curry will just pull down his pants, squat on cav's court again and pull apart his buttcheeks and people on the internet will go wait a second is he wearing two rings?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Is anyone here even watching the big 3 anymore. Have they released anything about how their viewership is going?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Holy poo poo, the tattoos and the net of the basketball hoop look so good

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If they were truly thinking outside of the box then they would get rid of local broadcast blackouts and make their streaming services much better. How the WWE did their WWE Network is thinking outside of the box. Putting ads on a jersey isn't anything new, it's actually what happens when you stop thinking.

Like others here and elsewhere have said, they're not thinking about making more money through making the product and customer experience better, they just want to lazily make more money.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 9, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Kibner posted:

Doubt this will have much of an effect, but it's a start:

https://twitter.com/JonSolomonAspen/status/905448610841714688

So this is what he's been up to, I thought he said he was going to go into tv or coaching

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Sooo, 2kgames is doing his marketing for him, and also likely giving him a fat paycheck for using his likeness in their games.

Why?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I like KD more now for secretly going out of his way to argue with random idiots

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

If his Warrior teammates don't give him endless poo poo for this then they truly are unlikable.

You mean give him poo poo for getting caught? Cuz they knew about the instagram account since most of them friended it

• Locked thread