Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Chairchucker posted:

I watched the highlights of Utah beating up on an Australian team and one thing I noticed was that if you threw it anywhere near the backboard Gobert would reach up his Go-Go Gadget arms and finish that oop, so I'm looking forward to Ricky getting a billion assists.

I'm just glad Utah played their starters against an Australian team! When big soccer clubs play one of our lowly teams they sit all the stars. I hope Joe Ingles has a decent year and Dante Exum develops more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Dexo posted:

I have a question is most/least underrated in terms of the casual basketball fan or those who follow the sport?

As an Australian with no team to call my own I watch a lot of different teams on NBA League Pass. Games are live in the morning here so actually watching live depends on if I'm working that day. Having the option to replay the games is great as I can pick and choose based on the entertainment level. I played a little b-ball in high school but was never a huge fan. I mostly know players from playing a lot of NBA2K video-games. How you rank me on the casual to fanatic is up in the air.

I think your question is about the most underrated and overrated players on the survey to which it'll be personal perception. There won't be a correct answer but it can be fun to talk about with other fans!

You can come at it like a stats-nerd and argue that some player is better than others based on things done per-100-possessions or go with your gut on who makes an impact and who doesn't. If you think X PLAYER is underrated as they don't get the media exposure of Y PLAYER but does just as much or better, go for it. If you see a player who has great skills but is on a garbage team so he never gets properly acknowledged, that is a case of being underrated. If you think TEAM A has a designated scorer/isolation player/ball hog/hero-baller who is overrated because he doesn't play defense or score enough, put him in. If a player wins regular season MVP but you see him in the playoffs and he struggles cause of the quality opposition - he can be seen as overrated. Alternatively you could choose two names at random and when asked about it try to come up with a story that fits. Your choice.

If I was to take the survey again I'd probably choose two different people. hth

• Locked thread