Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
MCW's debut is still one of my favorite moments as a Sixers fan. it was nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The only thing selling picks proves is that the owner is cheap. Whatever the Sixers pull in, Harris will earn double through his stock options in a day

the owners are awful

but not because they sold a second round pick.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

No because they're not matching PCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDHrD4Ef38Q

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

because his skills match their needs and they might rather pay KCP a pretty large sum than pay Covington a slightly smaller but still large sum.

no thanks.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Dennis Smith was really the only dude I was hoping the Sixers would take at 3...He's going to own.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Doltos posted:

I wouldn't have allowed the rebuild in the first place.

The Process began four years ago and still isn't paying dividends yet. We don't know how this team is going to perform and historically super young teams tend to suck for a long time before some of the pieces get traded away for competent vets. Look what's happening to the Timberwolves as we speak. I bet Wiggins doesn't even stay there. Same thing will happen to the Sixers. Okafors all but gone already, that's Pick #2 of tanking all year in during the Process. Noel's already gone, that's pick #1. We're probably foolish thinking that Fultz - Simmons - Dario - Embiid are gonna stick together for more than a year or two before one of them gets jettisoned. So then what's the point of irrationally tanking?

This was the Sixer's roster when Hinkie took over:

The only guy worth a drat was Thad Young and the genius that is Hinkie managed to trade him for a king's ransom of a late first, Luc Mbah a Moute, and Alexey Schved. Then he turned the horrible expiring contract of Danny Granger into a much better duo of Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen :rolleyes:

Hinkie trashed a historic franchise, destroyed gate sales for years, irrationally tanked in a lottery system that didn't even guarantee him an allstar, finally got one that has such injury concerns when drafted that Sixers fans still play the hope card whenever Embiid goes down with yet another injury, pissed off every agent to the point where the Sixers had to fire his rear end and replace him with a lame duck veteran, and yet for some reason is still lauded as a fantastic GM.

gently caress Sam Hinkie.

lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I don't think Hinkie's strategy seemed bad but it's hard to call him a good GM when considering the Rockets transformation under Morey

but Hinkie was a part of the Rockets transformation too?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

I'm higher than most on Simmons (which sounds kinda ridiculous talking about a no. 1 overall pick), but if all his projected offensive skills translate then he doesn't need to be a knockdown shooter, just passable. He should have the athleticism to drive to the rim and score on the 4s that will be guarding him, as long as he is not Rondo/MCW bad so they totally ignore him on the perimeter and pack the paint he should be fine. I acknowledge there is a possibility he is an MCW level shooter in his rookie season, but hopefully that will develop along the way. You will have to guard him closely anyway when he has the ball in his hands because of his vision as a passer (better than Lonzo imho), it's just when he's off-ball that you want him to at least be 32% 3P so he doesn't kill the spacing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWbYZ94A0sL/

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

a 37 year old motherfucker who was a key part of one of the most awful years of Sixers basketball when Doug Collins was trying to set NBA basketball back 20 years

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

I feel like living in Maine has made it a lot easier to like the Celtics, if I had to live in Boston I'd probably feel the same way

idk I live in Maine and it's real easy for me to hate the Celtics. The casual fans are pretty awful. I just had to listen to an old woman in my office tell everyone how overrated and disgustingly arrogant LeBron was all playoffs. She couldn't even look at the TV when they showed his face.

but it's mostly because I grew up watching/listening to their annoying broadcast team. I'm really glad Allen Iverson's flashy crossovers and inefficient but cool shooting saved 10 year old me from becoming a Celtics fan.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
supposedly the Sixers are playing the Knicks at MSG on Christmas day.

will I finally have a good Christmas?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Looney Tunes basketball was the best basketball video game, hope this helps

I enjoyed the PS1 Space Jam game way more than I should have as a child...me and my brother would team up and comp stomp the Monstars all day.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

32 is way too high and he will play 65 games .

he'll be top ten after this season if he plays 65 games

where'd they rank Ben Simmons?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
he's already a top 5 defensive player

the impact he had on defense last year was ridiculous

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm real excited to see Simmons and Fultz play an almost-real basketball game tonight. And Korkmaz. And Redick in a Sixers jersey.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

take it back

#gsg #patfo

there's no way this is real

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

misdirectomy posted:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...arcuterie-board

In which we learn about the fun backstory of the birth of the Warriors offensive scheme and also doxx the Kevman

excellent read.

gently caress the warriors.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
It wouldn't hurt to play a video game if you're into that...I learned about basketball basics through scoring 60 points a game with Eric Snow in NBA 2K2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Nik Stauskas has been super disappointing

• Locked thread