Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

RCarr posted:

So what is this?

Photo was apparently taken at a promo event, so it could just be for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The Nets one is black and white now:

Most of the teams have done a decent job blending them in. Worst ones are probably the Hawks and the Warriors

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Sixers Stubhub patch is a bit unsightly

That one doesn't bother me. I forgot about the Bucks and Sacramento, though, those are also bad.

"Best" is probably Minnesota

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

Are the reddit NBA streams generally reliable

I need to watch one for the sixers nets game tonight .

Yeah, they're good to the point I'm thinking of dropping LP

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Jota posted:

Never fear:

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/918201403365101574

Even if they just show the Nets feed with their announcers, it will be much, much more tolerable than when they did that with the Celtics crew last game. Oh my god they are so bad

Boston's feed was the only option during last week's Hornets-Celtics and every time Tommy says "Kemba Walker" it's like nails on chalkboard

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I usually learn a lot from Nick Sciria's Twitter threads.

Spacing

Warriors offense

Hornets offense

Same with when Zach Lowe does deep dives into specific teams and players. Prada's Pictures at SBNation has some interesting stuff even if Prada sounds like Nathan Fielder on novocaine

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/918495683887452162

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Who are the best-looking rookies so far? Kuzma, Mitchell, Jackson, Monk, DSJ? Hopefully we get a solid class after last year's wet fart

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Brolander posted:

as someone who watched Frank the Tank tear poo poo up while living in Madison, I'm sad he's basically a goofball reserve now

He'd at least have some small value if he could consistently hit thees but he can't even do that

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I really wanted Brandon Jennings to be good

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'll have you remember the two post Josh Smith waiver weeks when he was by far the best player in the NBA and put the Pistons ahead of every other team in all advanced metrics, then tore his achilles. He was Cat Barber quick and was making threes off the dribble, basically a rich man's Steph Curry.

I love speedy shithead chuckers so when Jennings dropped 55 his rookie year I thought he was the second coming. The Italy thing was cool, too.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

That sounds gross but the only coffee I drink outside work is cafe con leche from the Cuban place across the street and that's basically the same thing

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

lowly abject turd posted:

Do you guys know when the seasons new jerseys will be available to buy? Hoping to get one for my birthday which is fast approaching but i can't seem to find any.

Looks like the official NBA store has them.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Embiid rules

https://twitter.com/joelembiid/status/919045772410224640

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

quote:

My location is EXTREMELY rear end

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

In general I think you are what you defend, but it really wouldn't be a big deal if Simmons wasn't being a big baby about it. I'm mostly just confused about what he thinks he's getting out of it, a dude dominating the ball at power forward is still more exciting and novel than "tall PG"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/919974467346075648

I guess it's better than letting him walk for nothing

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hornets going into the season with Nic Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Treveon Graham, Michael Carter-Williams and Julyan Stone either sidelined or limited by injury. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has mysteriously disappeared for the last few weeks tending to an "excused personal issue" and will miss the opener. A dude named Dwayne Bacon is probably going to be starting at shooting guard and Malik Monk is going to average 52 shots a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Juaguocio posted:

Now I want to count how many games I watch this year.

It's easier if you PVR them, that way you can skip the commercials and halftime. I usually end up doing this anyway because of my work schedule.

The League Pass condensed games are great for this

• Locked thread