Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

speaking of westbrook he has a player option after next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i hope that at the dumb nba awards show that nobody is actually going to watch when westbrook accepts his mvp he talks a bunch of poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

durant finally proves the doubters that gave him an mvp and back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back all-star selections and all-nba (minus his injury year for the latter) wrong

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That's too bad. Draymond could have dick kicked Trump and become an American folk hero.

"It's my natural handshake motion!" (everyone believes him this time)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Didn't Iguodala do it too?

he was already on the warriors for the last year of mark jackson

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dexo posted:

Why would you....

really, burning a jersey of a player your team trades away before they even sign them seems like the ultimate boston sports fan move

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anyway, i'm excited for fultz's rookie of the year campaign in 2019.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It's a good choice. I and pretty much every NBA fan has at least one foot in the Sixers bandwagon.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul George is somehow going to end up being Durant's backup next season.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Trigger warning: Mo Bamba's birthdate
Stop moving forward, time. No fair

Kawhi turning in MVP-level seasons while being several years younger than me is some bullshit on this front.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's eligible for next year's draft and he's basically the same age as Porter, Ayton, Robert Williams, and Miles Bridges???

Unless you mean there's an age controversy, but I haven't heard of that.

Pro basketball players should not be allowed to have been born in 1997 and 1998.

You ask Fultz where he was on 9/11 and he won't remember.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

real lovely of PGto slo-mo steal his teammates' gatorade then bolt on them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If Cleveland gets George and doesn't figure out how to dump Sjumpert or TT or someone that is gonna be one hell of a tax bill

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

They gotta match salaries so some has to go. They have no one expiring with a big contract and no assets except post Lebron picks. Dumping Kyrie or Love would be the only option unless Pacers like the idea of a TT Turner froncourt and that seems extremely lateral to me. Don't see it happening, but maybe TT plus a far future pick and Phoenix gets a second for Chandler? Far fetched

Yeah that's what I was thinking, TT's big overpay contract means he has to go but also means the Pacers would be stuck paying him big money for a while. I guess LeBron doesn't need any 2020s picks.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Love for George doesn't really seem like it would help them against the Warriors unless LeBron convinces Silver to change the rules so that rebounds are worth negative points.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Libertine posted:

I can't wrap my mind around George to Cleveland trade scenarios. He solves literally none of their problems.

Right now they only have one player who is a bona fide alpha and two guys who are alphas most of the time but can get shut down. Adding George brings their Expected Alpha value closer to the magical number of 3.

pubic works project posted:

Well what's the one better for Cle? TT for PG or Love? Wouldn't Love have to play the 5 if they ship off TT?

Love (and LeBron) basically played the 5 all finals since Thompson died.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tristan, you either break it off with Khloe or I'm sending you to Indiana.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

can we get some rumors with PG being a part of the Sixers-Celtics trade? That'd be some real offseason poo poo.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it is kind of funny that after durant joins the techbro team and gets a ring he totally sheds the family-friendly brand.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My understanding is that Indiana was basketball Mecca but for white people.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe when he said "how the mighty have fallen" he meant how Pardon the Interruption had to lay off the guy who searches on google and corrects all the poo poo Tony Kornheiser got wrong during the show.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wait so Boston only gets one 2019 pick whether or not they get the 2018 Lakers pick? lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

No, they only get one extra pick total, if it's not 2018 lakers its one of the 2019 picks

yeah, i went back and saw i misread it. i def think boston got fleeced since they gave up a #1 for a 0% chance of getting a future #1

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LeBron James trades himself, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love to Philly to wait out the Warriors juggernaut

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Butler would make a lot more sense for the Cavs than George.

lmao that Gilbert fired his GM for not being able to pull a deal for Jimmy Butler out if thin air

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gilbert got a mulligan on his team having the GOAT after loving it up the first time and managed to gently caress it up again.

LeBron could probably go back to Miami and lure some more good players now that they're not paying big money for Wade and Bosh anymore.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bashez posted:

Lebron going to the Clippers makes me think the Spurs might not get Chris Paul after all.

pretty clear the plan now is to hold pat until next offseason when SA can make room for a max and LeBron can opt out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao Gilbert is gonna blow up the team out from under LeBron's feet

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

i love it when these rich dipshits screw up the most obvious winning situations only because they literally cannot let anyone else take credit for anything

i have a theory that high-engagement sports fans are particularly desensitized to the myth that rich people are particularly smart because they see this happen so much

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lebron is under contract for next year tho

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

adam silver turns a dial to the mark labeled MAXIMUM OFFSEASON

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if lebron wants to regain his villain status going to the lakers is basically the only way he can do it at this point

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lebron, durant, butler, and george all sign with the lakers and are all listed at SF to prove some weird point about positionless basketball

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877000668384563201

why would lebron choose the clippers over the lakers

he could probably boss doc around easier than magic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this offseason rules

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when we saw The Decision and thought it was peak NBA off-season. Durant just farted that poo poo right out the window

to think that a celtics fan burning a chinese fultz jersey and going "it's been nice knowing you for two weeks" was only the beginning

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

morestuff posted:

We at least knew The Decision was coming, nothing will top DAJ being held hostage + the emoji wars + Cuban driving around sad

the description of mark cuban driving around in circles desperately trying to get deandre jordan to respond to his texts but steve ballmer took away his phone is one of the greatest moments in sports history

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kevin was really insistent on getting smell-o-vision installed on his VR dicksucking pod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Much love to pau, didn't see this coming. Really adds a lot more cap flexibility, feels like maybe he's finally gotten over himself and found a place he could retire. Dig the new ego free 3 point jacking Pau Gasol, only the Spurs could've pulled this off.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877167318060683264
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877168320809758721

:eyepop: holy poo poo this rules. come back for the next two or three years for 10M/yr please Pau

euphronius posted:

If San Antonio can sign pau for like 10 per and trade Parker they have a max slot

spurs aren't trading parker

AggressivelyStupid posted:

NBA should force Gilbert to sell the team to LeBron imo

:agreed:

• Locked thread