Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ok, grudgingly :thumbsup:

zoux posted:

It's a big loss to society that the stankiest face in history was made last night yet we'll never see it.

Russ gives no fucks about an NBA ring. He's got a ring that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

BWV posted:

Which one of the Warriors really wanted to go to the white house but kept his mouth shut because he didn't want to be a contrarian?

Zaza

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

That'd be alright but it's still the worst rebounding lineup in the league. Something's gotta give there or they're going to get bullied the same way they did last year

What nefarious schemes swirl in the mind of Danny Ainge only the :thunk: knows

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dutchy posted:

Finally someone told KD what everyone spent eight years yelling at their TV

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chunkles posted:

Steve Kerr should have a show where he's like those cult deprogrammer guys except instead of a cult he undoes everything Scotty Brooks taught them about offense

Lol idiot, Scotty taught them nothing about offense.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EMC posted:

Ballmer is a crazy person but he seems like a pretty awesome owner, wants to win and happy to put up cash to try and get there. I thought his podcast earlier this year with Simmons was really great.

Hey, compared to the crazy person he bought the team from? I mean, c'mon.

Fast Luck posted:

The other owners are probably actually really pissed at Ballmer right now.

I wonder if that's a subtle slap from Seattle boy Steve at the backstabbing squinty scoundrel Clayton Bennett.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh and Jerry West is leaving the Warriors to join the Clippers, after Jeanie Buss turned down his offer to return ot the Lakers, despite being one of the major people who blamed Jim Buss for chasing off West and not rehiring him when he joined the Warriors.

Rick posted:

The worst part for me is the Lakers could've had him but Jeanie chose Magic.

Something something Confucius say powerful woman in menopause not all there and rational COUGH

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NeuroticErotica posted:

It's mixed with him as an owner. He probably trusted Doc too much. Everything in the Ballmer era feels weird. The Clippers have always been LA's second team, but now it feels like they've really doubled down on being the generic brand. The logos, the uniforms. Chuck the Condor really represents the Ballmer era so well. He feels contrived and focused grouped, yet not really targeting anything. He's also a giant ad for Converse. From his name to his design, it's all an ad. For all the research the did on Chuck, they gave him no lovable qualities. There's nothing to like about Chuck. He has no personality. He's not Cuddly, or Funny, or Anything. He's a mascot for the sake of having a mascot. Everything inside the Staples center has now become an advertisement. Not like the usual stuff - like the Half Court shot to win a Toyota Tundra from Johnny Mnemonic Toyota - like during timeouts now, they'll play ads on the jumbotrons, or, have blatant ad performances on the court. They had one for some razor scooter knockoff and it was basically "Well Chuck likes riding it". They had one for swiffers that was just little kids coming out to dancing with swiffers. Some adults joined them with their own swiffers. When they were walking off the court you could see them just shaking their heads.

As an official old person my hot take- pause, ok we know old people have lukewarm takes at best because- Chuck the Condor needs to go Old School with a long Z Z Top beard and a toy lawnmower that he pushes maniacally around during timeouts and then vaults over the mower handle, does a 360 in the air, splits his pants into 2 pieces, which then fall around his ankles, and slams a ball into the net......kind of like I did on that tricked out BSA 35 years ago, except there was no basketball, no net, and I was going maybe 40mph...bonus points if he wipes out a newly planted tree.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Sports Argument Stadium > NBA Offseason 2017-18 G/V: Stop sniffing your own farts and travel around the country more.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Because they're gonna get or already are shitfaced and maybe now you can guess the story behind the phrase shitfaced.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The great ones tell their hair "not today"

Tbf his hair was telling him that 5 years ago

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

DeimosRising posted:

I feel like it happens more than in season busts. Darius Miles, Rashard Lewis, and Mitch McGary all got suspended for offseason tests

Dammit Mitch :smith:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Femur posted:

well, noone knows what a flop is, thats why it works.

"Ah may not know the exact definition of flopography, Suh, but I knows it when I sees it."

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

dokmo posted:

Summer League is gonna be so loving good this year.

What a world where Summer League is looked forward to more than the NBA finals. Suck on that KD you piece of dung.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hahaha

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

G-Hawk posted:

i would be sad to lose Beverley he is pretty great and (if you're a Rockets fan) likeable, but his value has likely peaked or close. Hes fairly injury prone and has maybe a few decent seasons left. I don't really want to lose him for nothing, but if it leads to landing a star, welp

I hate Beverley, but if he's not the poster boy for Houston's version of Grit n Grind, idk what is. Morey should at least keep one defender.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pubic works project posted:

There, there friend. It'll be okay.

The trade is going to be Kanter for Green

I'm ok with that. Metapod what's going on with Sam? Is he trying to entice Blake Griffin ho-hahaha....never mind that. This team needs help! HALP

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

xbilkis posted:

If he turns his assets into an actual player he dies in real life

He's holding out for the deal worth dying for

lol

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's really good and a perfect player for a modern big, but I'm wary of his health. He sprints down the court and takes cuts that can't be healthy for someone who's 7'3".

He's a kid that hasn't grown into his frame or the NBA grind. I think he's made it clear he's not happy with N.Y. Cough Phil

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lockback posted:

I have no idea what the scouting looked like in the mid-80s but Stockton was a 6'1" unathletic guard who really only had one fantastic year at Gonzaga. Malone came from Louisana Tech and was sorta noteable for getting worse each year in college, his final year stats were not mind-blowing.

I mean, all credit in the world to Utah for picking those guys, but I don't see how either of them would be on the top of draft boards with any scouts. The draft is funny like that.

Why on earth would New York want good, young talent.

Malone dominated a 3 time consensus All-American Wayman Tisdale in the NCAA's. OU had better support players, Louisiana Tech were trash. It was obvious from that he was next-level talent, he was a beast. Kobe, iirc, was an unknown child of huge potential except for some tryouts.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

People were doing the same thing with Mozgov and Deng. People were really, really stupid last off season.

:cry: 16 million is the going rate for center in today's NBA!!! :cry:

Was that the doing of Magic or pre-Magic?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spoeank posted:

The president has a lawyer who can't spell president. What hope do the rest of us have?

I only wish that was the worst of that sitchiation.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

lavine with two knees is better, but i'm not bullish on guys whose entire game is freak athleticism coming back from catastrophic knee surgery in the bulls organization

You should be happy for Jimmy. His suffering is at an end; his soul is at peace now, he is with his Mentor.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

i'll have you know that okc is going to do a sign and trade for blake griffin and become the 2nd best team in the west for the 40 games he plays

How's that going to work exactly?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Brolander posted:

I've definitely had the thought "George is going to end up a Raptor or something dumb"

That would be veddy interethtink!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

What exactly is the advantage for Ainge lying about not trying for Butler

Sociopaths lie for the sake of it, narcissists lie to rearrange the narrative to suit.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Finally dawned on me what that was. That cupcake needs to be a Judas biscuit, but with a ring on it. You know, the biscuit Judas was nabbing at the Last Supper when he thought no one was watching, but Jesus said, "Heh, the guy who's filching that last bagel and thinks nobody sees, I and the Father see all, and he's the rat."

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Chairchucker posted:

You guys suck and I hate you.

Also I am keen for Vince Carter joining the Spurs to get a ring.

stay strong Chairchucker, Ricky is cool and good and Jim B is a great get.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dexo posted:

Also the Pacers can and should say no if they don't get a good deal.

The Pacers leverage is the fact that they are literally holding up Boston's entire offseason as they can't do the Hayward stuff until the trade gets approval as I Heyward might make a different decision if no PG. As well as knowing that Boston can't sign him outright in free agency next year.

Mid year there will be offers for trades the Pacers can look into Maybe more desperate team. There isn't a need to do it now.

I doubt there'll be teams with as good a chance to win as Boston if they lock him and Hayward up. Like none, so he's back to square L.A., if that's his dream.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ennis no one thought that was you.

edit
or is that :thejoke:?

I can't keep up

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pubic works project posted:

You'll be singing a different tune when Morey fleeces Pritchard and gets Paul George too.

New thread title pls mods

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Clay Bennett won't have any of it.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Remember when the only thing that soured a Cam Payne for Rudy Gay deal was Payne broke his foot? (then Gay got hurt later and everyone was "Yessss!")

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spacebump posted:

Nerlens about to get the big bucks.

I hope. I want to see Melo on a good team and PG in Cleveland.

Fully expecting him to be injured again. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Same. In the pre-season, no less.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sam Presti looks like what I believe Macklemore will look like in 20 years.

Who?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/880484807439863812

I really have no idea where he's going to end up

OKC

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Boosh! posted:

Ahh yeah, just reaching for a CUNY joke. Most of my family went to Baruch or Hunter.

snob. My dad's a proud CCNY alum and he'll tell you all about the year they won the NIT when it was the big deal and the NCAA, then the team got penalized for gambling or something, lol.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Boosh! posted:

My man. My dad was a on the CCNY JV team. Got no burn though.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/880454768061284352

That's pretty cool, I guess you could say we're both City College legacies then.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I was hoping New Orleans could find a way to trade for Chris Paul. How exciting would that homecoming have been

Same. Now that Kyrie is on the table, I'm imagining him and T.T. for DMC and it makes my head hurt.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The only reason it's so easy to make fun of Ainge is he leaks everything he's going to do, might do, and would have done but didn't. He's like that weird kid on the playground that talks too much and lies about everything. Great GM though.

Except the kid's parents are rich as gently caress so no one knows what's what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s&t=49s

• Locked thread