Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

EvanTH posted:

entire nation misjudging steph because they categorically refuse to be seen walking a mile in his shoes
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The East is going to suuuuuuuuuuuck

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What the hell are the Knicks even hoping for.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember like two years ago when everyone thought Atlanta would be a force in the East for some time. Then the Brooklyn pick swaps turned into Tim Hardaway Jr. and Bud started making dumb FA decisions
Which people? I think even as they made the conference finals people didn't really respect them, and them falling back into the field was the expectation.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Haha come onnnnnnnnnn

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is it just pure luck that the Rangers are relatively well run and the Knicks are a bottomless pit of despair? How can Dolan oversee both operations and have completely different results?
He doesn't do much for the Rangers. He used to just leave everything to Sather. When he had a more active role they were ran as bad or worse than the Knicks.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/878366042019381249

https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/878366473567129600

On the one hand Magic is basically a well-paid hype man but on the other hand it feels like this is going to be hilarious if it doesn't turn out well
I mean it just sounds like the kind of thing you should say about any highly drafted guy.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dexo posted:

So people who look ahead and know about basketball prospects

Who should I be looking at in next years draft to hype up and pin my future hopes as a Bulls fan on?

Only Luca Doncic and Michael Porter?
I have previously heard high level praise for Ayton and (to a lesser extent) Bamba.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Do the Cavs even get better with PG instead of Kevin Love
No!

I dont even like it as a Warriors specific move.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Aldridge was a very high level free agent pick-up.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Eastern Conference

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Minnesota would be pretty nuts

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Im sad that the Clippers turned out like this. Oh well...

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Doltos posted:

who says no http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yan29f4w

Im mad that the trade machine doesn't have cash considerations as an option
Are they still just using the same formula since Hollinger left?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Christ.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
This is hell.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What did Joel actually say?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Draymond Green is a top 15 player in the league and has been for 3 years.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

*knicks fans six years ago* weird that Denver fans are happy he's gone. They're just dumb and don't appreciate his game. Not like us, True Basketball Fans
Thats a really bizarre way of framing it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Kyrie is the exact level where he can contribute a lot as the #2 guy while if he were your best player your team would get creamed in the first round by a LeBron team.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

We haven't seen any Shaqs or Kobes make the league yet
There's quite a few Shaqs in the NFL

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Congrats to the Cavs on their 5th #1 pick of the 2000's

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Danny LaFever posted:

I'm excited for basketball!

Rumoured Raptors jersey which I think is alright.

and training season stuff fans love to eat up.

DD is adding a 3 this year.

Lowry and Miles are shooting 40% from three and Deebo is hitting contested threes.

Sorry Celtics. Raptors get the honor of losing the EC this season.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Is Gordon Hayward really that big a nerd
He's a jock.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What is the NBA rule? Why do they have that when no one else seems to?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zogo posted:

Yea, it's funny when these athletes take dumps on politicians but I don't think people realize that this kind of stuff solidifies bases and creates groundswells of support. All these people having their Twitter skirmishes/battles against mastermind Trump are playing his game and they're probably going to lose (if they want some 2020 D president). Some of Trump's polling numbers are going up in recent weeks. Uh oh.
Trump's approval numbers were bad to start with, went up fractionally when Harvey and Irma were the big news stories, and are now down fractionally after the NFL/NBA comments.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I like the Knicks ads.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Jesus Christ that's bad

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which NBA player is the most disappointing to you, personally?
Beasley sticks out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

This is still just an unbelievable story to me. Like nobody just even spoke to Henson?
He went there with 3 friends and they assumed he was robbing the place before he got into the door. Even after the police told the store he was a Buck the store requested that a police officer supervise.

John Henson posted:

Went to @schwankekasten jewelry today in White-Fish Bay during regular business hours. They locked the door and told me to go away. After I rang the doorbell twice everyone went to the back. No answered the door or told me what was going on. This was followed by two police cars pulling up and parking across the street and watching me for 5 minutes ( I assumed they were called by the store ). I was then approached by 2 officers and questioned about the dealer vehicle I was in which is apart of my endorsement deal with Kunes country Chevrolet and asked me what I wanted amongst other things that were just irrelevant to me being there just trying to shop at the store like a normal paying customer would do. I told them I was just trying to look at a watch.

He then had to go in the back and tell them to come out it was safe but this is after they ran my plates and I overheard them talking about doing more of a background check on the car. The employees finally came out of the back and proceeded to conduct business like they previously were as we walked up.

• Locked thread