Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dejan Bimble posted:

^ I'd add Nikola Jokic for crazy big man passing and post scoring, Ricky Rubio and Milos Teodosic for small man passing

The real joy of the NBA is developing an emotional attachment to a set of guys and reveling in their successes and feeling like a tipped over cow at their failures

Can you link me, I can't find it

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5jlRXMKx2syJOudEMHtkJj65fvCiCEV-BE1E8nfIYIElhAQ/alreadyresponded?c=0&w=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean, I don't see how Draymond's wrong here. good to see he's at least embracing full heel

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wasn't Anthony Randolph supposed to be the next big thing and he just lacked the basketball IQ to cut it in the NBA?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I drink coffee occasionally and it's okay

someone make an NBA-coffee comparison

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Feet and farts carrying the Warriors to an unprecedented run is cool and good, imo

at the very least, the Warriors are the first sex-positive team in the NBA; no kinkshaming in that locker room

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Embiid Eclipse is a nice comeback, but man Joel just kills dudes

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wow I can’t believe we’re getting a new patron saint of poo poo talk this is amazing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaSuERQAWDT/

I love Jaylen Brown, wow. need this guy to succeed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I was hoping to see Jaylen embarrass the dude on D too but that was fun. Much better than the old video of Scalabrine posting up on some barstool sports moron a while ago.

It's insane because Brown totally toasts him but he's only going like 5 or 10%. NBA athletes are really in a different class of human

just a little over a day until the season starts!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Pop is the apex of living a full life and critically reflecting and thinking about your experiences

I wanna be like him when I grow up

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If you’re moving to Denver the Nuggets are a good choice since they’re on the upswing and have one of the best young players in the league in one Nikola Jokic; passes like a point guard but he’s 6’10

You could also root for the Sixers and erstwhile star but lit tweeter Joel Embiid and the gang

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'll take a crack at this, feel free to quote this later on

East

1) Warriors
2) Rockets
3) Spurs
4) Thunder
5) Wolves
6) Clippers
7) Nuggets
8) Pelicans

I'm betting on Blake's health here, I think he'll play 60 games and do enough point guard stuff to give the Clips a puncher's chance in the regular season. The Pelicans are gonna sneak in because AD and Boogie are going to be too dominant. I wonder if they miss the playoffs, what's the course for correction? They're nearly capped out, right? The bottom of the conference is a lot more fun to guess at since the top 4 are gonna be in some combination of that order all year.

West

1) Cavs
2) Wizards
3) Celtics
4) Bucks
5) Raptors
6) Heat
7) Sixers
8) Hornets

I think that the continuity that the Bucks and Wizards have will elevate them into home court and the two seed, respectively. Boston is the best positioned team for the future, but they're gonna take a minute to gel. The bottom of the conference is a lot tougher to predict since there's just too many bad teams. But I think 50 games from Embiid, a good season from Malik Monk, and Miami's hard-nosed style pushes those three into the playoffs. Of course, the Cavs are on top until further notice because of the greatest player of our generation.

My answers are probably different from the poll, which I did on just snap decisions. Excited to see how this will all play out!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think Butler being the coach on the floor will push Wiggins to be a lot better than last year as well. Minnesota has a lot of the Bulls-era vets so I don't think they're gonna have as much trouble closing a game like they did last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I had In-N-Out twice when I was in California over the summer and man it was really solid. just the prices are to die for and you're getting quality food as well. Animal style for life

If Markelle Fultz had ended up on a west coast team I wonder how differently that video would have gone; probably would have fixed his free throw form

• Locked thread