Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Intruder posted:

I am glad Durant has a ring and Westbrook doesn't

This is canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zogo posted:

I've been looking at finals series shooting and it appears KD put up the best shooting ever in 2017. I've checked back to 1971 so far and he's by far #1:

code:

NP	NP/48	Player		Year
49.96	12.05	Kevin Durant	2017
40.76	7.70	Michael Jordan	1992
38.84	7.31	Adrian Dantley	1988
38.52	6.37	Magic Johnson	1988
37.24	9.45	LeBron James	2014
36.36	6.36	James Worthy	1984
35.8	6.98	Ray Allen	2008
35.36	7.96	Kevin Durant	2012
34.8	6.96	Kevin McHale	1985
34.72	7.86	LeBron James	2017

And he only needed five games.

[Retarded voice] yeah but he's a shook bitch and should have stayed in OKC where Russ could throw up garbage 3pt shots in crunch time

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CharlestheHammer posted:

Are we really going with the dumb narrative that Westbrook held then back.

I mean if you watched them play Durant did have an issue of being passive.

Wonder why.... *extreme thinkface emoji*

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol PG will be gone after a year tho especially because he aint makin all nba out west and also because OKC sucks rear end

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
the more I think about it the more this is just Russ and PG getting some runs in before going off to LA together

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

belt posted:

Yeah, it'd be pretty funny if Westbrook's numbers dropped to how bad they were the last time he played with another really good player on his team.

It will be pretty funny when the new superstar on an expiring contract gets the gently caress out after having to play with Russ for a while, just like the old one.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

That's funny from every angle.

I love OKC being a wasteland and while I think presti did good to unload Dipo's contract I'm glad it will still end up with another marquee FA telling OKC to S his D.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

The B_36 posted:

I really, desperately, DO NOT want to wade into the Labour vs Capital debate and be faced with having to read 1100 pages of the Communist Manifesto, but why would this whole KD taking a paycut thing concern the Players Union at all? There are obviously real issues about labour vs capital in the modern world, but this contract seems to have absolutely nothing to do with it. As a whole, the players get 50% of league revenue, that number doesn't change at all if Durant signs for $500 million or if he signs for twenty bucks. This isn't labour giving the owners money - the players as a whole get the same, the owners get the same. I can see the top tier players getting a little annoyed that he's set a precedent that it's somewhat expected that you take a paycut to keep a good team together and win a championship, but again, that has nothing to do with the labour/capital divide, that's an issue between different groups of labourers. Him taking less money means that money goes to other players, not to the owners. He saved his team's owner some money, but that luxury tax money isn't going to the players, it goes to the owner's of teams who aren't spending as much money on their teams at the moment. I would think if you're anti-capital, you would like it if a bunch of owners weren't getting as much free money from another owner, or at least you wouldn't care (since you don't care how much tax Joe Lacob has to pay for his championship team, you shouldn't care how much tax money the Sixers owner receives).

This deal has nothing to do with labour vs capital, but from a competitive standpoint, it's still easy to see it as a weak move, so feel free to criticize him for that. In a regular job, taking less money to stay in a job and situation you like is usually a wise decision that people applaud you for, but sports are an inherently competitive industry for the labourers (the labourers compete directly against each other in an effort to win, whereas in my job I couldn't really care less if Honda out-competes Toyota or vice versa, as long as I get my paycheque) so it's a bit different. You're expected as an athlete to always be competing hard and helping your team win. It's weird tho, that KD made a decision that still resulted in him being on the best team, but I (and most non-Dubs fans) still think he's a bitch for it.

Sports are stupid sometimes.

Sir this is a Wendy's drive thru

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also the only thing to take away from Durant's deal is he thinks not playing with Russ is worth 9m a year, and hell I agree.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm sure if it was Westbrook doing the dance it'd be funny.

He tried to get in the dance circle but the boys pointed out it's actually a ring so couldn't join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Doltos posted:

My friend went to a party at Notch's mansion and said that there's a ton of areas that you're not allowed to go to and that he invited her to one of those areas

Cool so like any other house where there is a party

• Locked thread