Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Spurs are probably a good team to cheer for overall if you have no team already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

blue squares posted:

How does one go from watching your team play 16 games per year to watching ~100? It seems like you'd get bored of it midseason, or miss a lot of potentially great games, etc. Do you watch every game, or just when you're free, or what?

It's not something you can do if you're super into a lot of shows on TV or are a fan of another sport but I dunno, I like to watch basketball and if it's on I'll usually watch it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
No one has done what will be extremely embarrassing playoff seed predictions in the main thread yet.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

basically, the regulars in here are extreme degenerates

Yeah.

I like your seedings, C.L.F.

I think it's going to go

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Jazz
7. Pelicans
8. Nuggets

With the Clippers slipping out of a top seed all the way out of the playoffs due to Blake Griffin's annual injury.

East is
1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Wizards
4. Heat
5. Bucks
6. Raptors
7. Hawks
8. Nets

While the East won't be great, I think that 1-6 is going to be really competitive, with only a few games separation. I think the Hawks will be better than people think.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

big boi posted:

The Jazz had the 5th seed last year with 51 wins. Wolves won 31games. Do people really think Butler and Taj are worth 20 more wins in an improved West? Or are we also banking on KAT and Wiggins getting substantially better and Teague replacing enough of Rubio's production?

I'm honestly not sure. NBA history suggests the Wolves jump won't be 20 games. But I guess I'm just such a fan of Butler and Towns that I am thinking maybe they can buck history.

Carlosologist posted:

I think that the continuity that the Bucks and Wizards have will elevate them into home court and the two seed, respectively. Boston is the best positioned team for the future, but they're gonna take a minute to gel. The bottom of the conference is a lot tougher to predict since there's just too many bad teams. But I think 50 games from Embiid, a good season from Malik Monk, and Miami's hard-nosed style pushes those three into the playoffs. Of course, the Cavs are on top until further notice because of the greatest player of our generation.

My answers are probably different from the poll, which I did on just snap decisions. Excited to see how this will all play out!

I think I've pretty consistently ranked the Celtics 3 or 4 most of the offseason when asked, but at least today I'm feeling really nice about Kyrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Being one of four teams in the league that play defense in the regular season should get them a lot of wins.

• Locked thread