Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Cool Buff Man posted:

MCW deal is 1 year, $2.7 million. Still too much

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/881305857144868865

A new superteam to rival the Knicks emerges

Theory is he's there to play defense in a unit with Monk or be third string point guard. In the new cap world, I'm ok with that for 2.7 mil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
He's already sounding like a techbro, that's next level mansplaining

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

EDIT: Wrong thread!

But I do have some questions while I'm here! I grew up in Chicago in the 90's, so obviously I was really into basketball, but I stopped keeping track after '98 and was definitely too young while I was watching to appreciate any of the strategy. Recently though, I've been seeing a bunch of basketball stuff about the playoffs and offseason on my twitter timeline and getting real nostalgic, so I thought I might try to get back into watching it. I have three main questions:

1) What are my best bets for watching if I don't have TV service? I got a decent-sized TV that's hooked up to an XBox, so are there any good options for streaming sites or apps that I can use? Happy to pay for a subscription if necessary
2) Who should I be a fan of? I'm really hesitant to go back to the Bulls because I don't want to compare everything the current team does to my idealized memories of MJ and his superhero friends, so I'm kinda just looking for a team that's decent enough that watching them won't be constant heartbreak, and fun enough to watch that I can really develop that love. Things that I, a basketball dummy, think are cool as hell include big men plowing through defenders and big men doing authoritative blocks, so please direct me towards any teams that do a whole bunch of that poo poo, or just please tell me a sentence or two about why your own team is the coolest and I'll 100% be convinced
3) Are there any good resources for understanding terminology and strategy? Like, I remember enough about the basic rules, and I know broadly what each of the positions are supposed to do, but I definitely don't have enough knowledge of the game to appreciate what's going on beyond "gently caress, that big man plowed through that defender"

for big men blocking the poo poo out of stuff, watch the following teams:
Mil. Bucks, NO Pelicans, Miami Heat, probably the Clippers this year too. Lots of big men plowing through defenders on these teams as well (Whiteside on Heat; Cousins/Davis on Pelicans; Antetokounmpo on Bucks). yeah you want to watch these teams. Bucks are probably the most exciting -- Greek Freak is a monster.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

MourningView posted:

Presumably they would be trading Irving for Paul and Love is a much better player than what Indiana actually got.

Pacers no way no how move George for Love, primarily because they're stupid and petty and would rather have a worse team that "help" the Cavs. so I think that point whispering out of Lebrons camp is frankly bs.

I'm on team Irving, I think he smelled LeBron getting wanderlust again and was like gently caress being in Cleveland then and now LeBron is trying to make someone else be the bad guy

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

attackmole posted:

The hooper?

Is that Jordan Farmar wearing a wig on the right.

update: yeah that's definitely him with his ears chopped off

Brogeoisie fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 29, 2017

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Delonte West has the saddest raps but not the worst raps. Jason Kidd's is the best purely from his bizarre nasally baritone voice

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Went to Big3 finale today, Clipper Darrell ran up and knocked my friends beer over. Owns.

https://twitter.com/ruiz1138/status/901624362637213696?s=09

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

What was he upset at him about

that my row wasn't loud enough. we were screaming crazy Kwame brown fans so I think he was trying to motivate people thru us.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

outside of like 3 albums really ages us, drat

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

going with extreme degenerates in here. I probably average 80 to 100 games a year and I've spent most of those years watching the Bobhornets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

west.

1. Warriors.
2. Thunder
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Nuggets
6. Clippers
7. Jazz
8. Pelicans

east.

1. Cavs
2. Wizards
3. Hornets
4. Raptors
5. Bucks
6. Heat
7. Celtics
8. Magic

The east is weird as poo poo this year.

I'm selling on the Celtics, hard. I think Irving is probably the most overrated player in the NBA. I'm prepared to eat crow on this, but seriously, he is IT with sexier handles in terms of impact. I like Hayward but don't see how losing Bradley + Crowder can be replaced by that, even with Jaylen Brown. I think their depth is going to take a major hit. Rookies are poo poo, that's a rule. Tatum will be poo poo for year 1. I'm not a buyer on Jaylen Brown, either, as a sophomore. Like, just look at that rotation:

Irving, Marcus Smart, Hayward, Morris, Horford -- very respectable lineup. But your 6th man is Jaylen Brown? Seriously? This team is going to be bad for stretches this year, mark my words, and people will be writing articles about it. They'll figure it out, but by that point, they'll have fallen a gently caress ton in the standings. Wouldn't shock me if they're an ECF team out of a bottom 3 (6-7-8) seed.

Bucks, I'm also not much of a buyer. They have so many pieces that don't make sense together. They remind me of those early 2000s Sac. Kings teams for some reason. Weird, underperforming, once in a generation players that don't really make sense as a team and end up underwhelming. Also not a buyer of the Pistons or 76ers this year -- I think the Magic string together a few good stretches enough to win 35 games -- good for an 8th seed in the east.

I'm a buyer of the Wizards. I think they could be the best team in the east this year. Mike Scott is a really underrated pick up. Beal is probably going to have a ridiculous year. They look like a 50-55 win team on paper.

Brogeoisie fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 17, 2017

• Locked thread