Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sean10mm posted:

What NBA teams came close to the Warriors in terms of accumulating star power in a single season? It feels like there have been a ton of "great" teams that had 2-3 stars of varying levels and then some guys, but I can't really think of another example where a team was seen as such a blatant cheat code in the last 30 years.

Maybe the way the Celtics and Lakers stockpiled assets in the 80s? The Lakers getting Worthy was pretty crazy considering how good they were already. Walton to the Celtics was pretty cool too but he was more like Malone going to the 2000s Lakers. Had Bias not died maybe that Celtic team?

But in all those cases it was just adding one guy to an already HoF team, which I guess is the same as the Warriors unless your counting Durant as well as Javale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Which one of the Warriors really wanted to go to the white house but kept his mouth shut because he didn't want to be a contrarian?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think it was Steph. He probably says he disagrees with Trump's policies but respects the office deeply and want's to hear "both sides" of the argument.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know we're not supposed to talk about Durant being a bitch but...

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/874490374840037376

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/874487220748660736

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

If you want everyone to assume that you're a racist idiot and you would like to spend years posting here to try to break free of the stereotype, the Boston Celtics are your team.

hahahahahahahah this made me spit my water up.

You're avatar just needs to tell people you're not actually from Boston. It would prevent so much hatred.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the only way the awards will be good is if some hosed up scandal or trade happens in the next few weeks leading to the awards being the first time where they can ask every player there about what happened

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the real posting MVP would tell us they're the MVP like a true Alpha with The Look.

I def don't have the look

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Imagine being so close to the NBA that you call a geezer executive "advisor" moving from one rich and good team to another a "whopper. " I really hope mark stein finds a new job when his contract expires. He needs this.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

So it's pretty obvious that the Warriors won't go to the White House. I wonder if there is another building/office they could visit instead? Like with the White House off the table what are other cool offices that could honour NBA champions (who will probably all not want to see Trump, except the Celtics who I bet respect racism the office).
Like what if the Supreme Court invited them? RBG probably loves basketball, all old NY Jews do! Who am I kidding, they'll probably just visit Google's campus.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm going to create a go fund me for us to all buy Tae an Ian Sjumpert jersey.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

this isnt to argue against your point, but the talk of playing low srs reminded me of something i looked up yesterday. Well really it reminded me of this: https://twitter.com/BruhReport/status/874822055723532288

which is hilarious and also made me look up the srs of the teams lebron and mj had played in the finals. The average srs of the teams lebron has faced is 8.201. The average srs that mj faced is 6.84. Mj didnt face a single team with as high of an srs as lebrons average.

The living embodiment of 💯

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

basketball is already good you jabronis

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

ex post facho posted:

the nba could eliminate:

- Nuggets
- Jazz
- Suns
- Grizzlies
- Bucks
- Timberwolves
- Pistons
- Magic
- Pels
- Hornets
- Raptors
- Nets
- Pacers
- Thunder
- Kings

disperse their talent to the other 15 teams and you instantly have a better league, full of stacked teams that would produce the best most competitive basketball youve ever seen

except they wouldn't because you can only play 5 players at once.

this thread is full of posters who love the current product. Is it sort of annoying that the 2nd best player went to the best team? sure. But it doesn't change the fact that the on court product on a night to night basis is immensely entertaining and the current players, even those who play on the least competitive teams, are full of personality and outside of Ian S are so loving good at putting the basketball into the net

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

less teams=less players=less games=less dunks

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I love when the Raps play the Nets. For the first quarter I'm like "lol this is not a professional team." In the second I'm thinking "seriously, have these players never met each other before." In the 3rd tho I change to "holy poo poo the Raps are the worst". How did they let this team back in the game. And in the 4th I'm like "we won easily why did I expend so much emotional energy poo poo posting about Dwane Casey." Good times :cool:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Fairly certain the ACC was mostly funded by MLSE (the owners of the Raps/Leafs/TFC, etc). After the debacle with the skydome and the fact that every single person in Ontario knows how much money MLSE prints (it's also owned by the two largest telecoms in the country which most people consider fundamentally evil) I dont think taxpayers here will pay for a stadium for quite some time.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

zoux posted:

Why the diapers though

They are both a fashionable and functional garment for such an occasion. Even the Spurs' fans are efficient.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptors sign no one. Casey gets fired after 40 games. They let an assistant coach finish the season. Becky2Toronto:2018/2019
The future is bright, brothers.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Jesus didn't have the Look

Yea but he did Make The Leap in his early 30s which is pretty rare IMO

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The analytics of e-sports is going to be next level.

Cant wait to find out how many KPNT (kills per nut scratch) my favourite Overwatch player logs.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Is zatch loeb Ian's dad? Stein like the other "firings" is working till his contract expires. Part of me thinks loeb shared the scoop with him cus he felt bad

BWV fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 17, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

RCarr posted:

So LeBron has been quoted as saying:

A) Didn't start the superteam trend
B) Does not flop, nor does he even know HOW to flop
C) Is not balding

This is why I can never respect this man.

A is true
B is only somewhat false because in the context of big time NBA floppers I wouldn't include Lebron
C is false.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Happy father's day to all the people in this thread who complain about travels and not enough interior post play

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope the Lakers draft Jackson and the Celtics feel obliged to take Ball. Lavar v. the boston's not racist at all media will be a treat. We'll probably have video of him kicking down Shaughnessy door within a month

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Is that bill Simmons

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

can we get some rumors with PG being a part of the Sixers-Celtics trade? That'd be some real offseason poo poo.

Sixers get PG
Indiana gets Boston's now #3 pick
Boston gets a bunch of conditional picks in 2025.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Celtics are going to trade a bunch of picks for Paul George only so they can flip him mid season for Justice Winslow

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Which current proposed is two years away from being two years away from being kink shamed?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Which one of you writes for Veep? My bet is on Dexo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If Butler goes to the Cavs there's no reason the other 2 alphas couldn't go with him after they sign vet minimums.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Next Windhorst/Lowe podcast is going to be 60 minutes of pure Gilbert attacks. Those guys liked Griffin a lot and that organization leaks like a sieve.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Do you think Gilbert called Lebron and he approved ? Or is he indifferent and not answering ? Or like passive aggressive and being like "do what you gotta do , bro"

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Except that it wasn't true.

Kevin Hart is the new Allan Thicke

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

guess we'll be seeing Gilber'ts goomba bow tied kids again in 2019

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If I was Dan Gilbert I wouldn't fire a pop corn vendor without consulting Lebron.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

not consulting Lebron is so loving stupid. I hope they sign every geezer in the league to multi-year deals only to have LBJ bail and leave them in cap hell. Hubris.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

someone construct a better hypothetical for why this happened?

Gilbert thought the team was good enough to win because he spent all this money, was pissed Griffin was going after a big move with potential tax hits instead of finding bargain bin role players/vets. Gilbert was pissed that Griffin listened to Lebron with all the veteran pick ups and blames him for the lack of cap flexibility?

I mean obviously the real answer is that he's a giant dumb arrogant baby who thinks he's the reason they won a ring but what would be his potential thinking/excuse?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I want Lowry to be happy and get paid and I'd be cool with that not being on the raptors.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Lol what the gently caress is a team staring Reggie Evans, Larry Hughes, and Brian Cook going to do

Brian Cook has that Donyell Marshal range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is all making up for those poo poo parts of the playoffs.

• Locked thread