Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm just going to assume Kris Dunn is involved in that without looking too closely

Fast break turnover, missed layup, missed layup

#5 pick baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I clicked through to the 2007 Tribune article about high school Derrick Rose and was dumbstruck by this fact

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
(reading a 6,500 word article) Can't wait to get to Zach Lowe's thoughts about the Bulls!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mama mia at that Embiid deal

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

Wouldn't it be smarter to just wait and match any offers next offseason? I guess I don't understand the rush to wrap him up.

Much like with the Wiggins deal, the "worst-case scenario" you're averting is that he lives up to the deal but holds it against you for not giving him a max extension ASAP in five years

Doesn't seem to be worth it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Draymond Green: "Why don't all these dumb loving teams just add the second-best player in the league to an already-elite roster?"

quote:

“It’s so funny sitting back and watching this poo poo,” he starts, before pausing to pull his phone out of his jeans, looking through the Golden State Warriors’ group chat. (The team has one, and the Hampton Five—Green, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, and Kevin Durant, the five guys that were in the Hamptons in the summer of 2016 to recruit KD—has another.) He wants to relay something that Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey had said in an interview, reacting to the Warriors' title. The team had texted it to each other: “They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster. We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve.”

Then he pauses, scoffing at Morey’s comments.

“What the gently caress are you talking about?” he says to me. “They are really trying to rethink their whole strategy”—here he bumps a table repeatedly with his hand for emphasis, getting excited—“because teams know they don’t have a loving clue.”

On a roll now, he remembers the Warriors’ lone playoff loss, in Game 4 of the Finals, when the Cavs sank twenty-four three-pointers, an NBA Finals record.

“That’d never been done!” Green exclaims. “They don’t come out and hit twenty-four threes and they’re swept. And that’s the second best team in the world. It’s pretty loving sick to see how everybody is just in a loving panic about what to do. You sit back and think, like, these motherfuckers, they know. That’s the fun part about it: They know they don’t stand a chance.”

Good to have some extra juice for hating the Warriors heading into the season

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wade Baldwin will definitely be a Bull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

sportsgenius86 posted:

I went to IAO for the first time about a year ago and I was very underwhelmed. It was good but I didn’t feel at all like I was missing anything not living near one.

The In-and-Out paradox is that Californians rave about it because it is the best value/most consistent fast food option to have available when you live near one, and visitors go there and are underwhelmed because it's still a fast food burger (also the fries suck)

• Locked thread