Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
This looks like my jam. Interesting atmosphere and a sense of creeping dread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
I'm sure we will get all the burgs thanks to that guardian keychain!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

megane posted:

Love that the guy has his terrifying murderbot just sort of crammed into his shed.

I really thought that was going to turn into an awful boss fight.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Thanks to the LP, I picked up the PS4 version. Baxter makes the combat look easy!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
The atmosphere of the noncombat areas strongly reminds me of The 99 Rooms project. Especially in the more overtly unsettling spots.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

Is my phone browser loving up or is that page really one sentence long?

There's the related achievements expandable category but uhhh yep. That's a useless page.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
There's definitely Japanese. Haven't noticed the Hangeul.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

EponymousMrYar posted:

There's also the more direct metaphor the hunter gives the train conductor with his 'Boy it must be nice to be a Train Conductor' spiel. Namely that just doing your job and going with the flow will only get you so far in the end. Also that you don't have a lot of control over your destination (after all, you're riding the rails not laying them out etc.)

Just jumping off of this, following orders and doing what you're told, including following a rote list of instructions in How to Be Good, is not enough. But perhaps nothing is. You can also see the survival of some white eyes as a metaphor for Calvinist ideas of salvation. Maybe only god's grace is enough -- maybe surviving was just a matter of luck. The white eyes might have been the Elect, or they might have won against bad odds.

The white eyes don't seem like they were necessarily special before their exposures to the gas. That can easily be self congratulatory bullshit that the guys on top are using to excuse mass murder. The others may accept this because it salves their own feelings of guilt and remorse. They're just special is all. It couldn't be helped. Extraordinary people should t be bound by conventional morality and so forth.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
There's some subtitles running over themselves in 3A at 9:07.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Bacter posted:

On these!

Yeah - the art was a major high point for me. I honestly don't know how I'd rate the game if it was uglier. Like if the game was a text adventure? I have no idea.

"EXITS ARE N, W, AND MAGICAL SPACE LAND"

Space madness would be an alright explanation of what went down, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

But no excuse for space rudeness.

There's always spacetime for courtesy. :hai:

• Locked thread