Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I've been trying to get a new garage, as the one that came with the house I bought is a single, too low, narrow and short to meaningfully fit a car in; and rotten to boot. It's not up to much.

Quotes for a new garage of the size I want vary wildly, from an affordable 18k for kitset & assembly to over 30k (less affordable for me right now). I'm wondering what corners are being cut on the 18k quote and what hidden costs I would be presented with later. Although it's a moot point because that company can't do the work anyway which leaves me with option c), build a lovely temporary carport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

It almost fits. Once I rearrange some furniture and make a new door at least I'll be able to park in out of the rain and work on some things under cover.

gimpsuitjones fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 1, 2017

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I'm trying to work out how to use it on mobile since Photobucket now wants me to pay (gently caress paying for literally anything)

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I have decided that, instead of demo'ing my existing 3.6x7 (ish) metre garage, I am going to fix it up a bit where it's dodgy, and build a ~5x5m carport attached to the front of it, with a new concrete slab & some good lighting in the carport.

This will cost ~an order of magnitude less than getting a new garage of a decent size, and hopefully still give me somewhere dry to park my truck (and my housemate's truck) and work on it.

Tell me I'm not dumb

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Pretty poo poo