Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down
So my Dad and I just signed a 3 year lease on a commercial garage. He actually used to run a garage back in the 70's that specialized in British sports cars. I think he was always a little disappointed that I never caught the automotive bug, but then a few years ago it caught up to me with a vengeance haha. I think he felt bad for me doing all this work lying in the street in south philly, plus he's getting ready to retire and needed a space of his own. I've got two project Jeeps at the moment, and he will be bringing his 1953 MGTD up from storage in Florida soon. I'm planning on adding another project truck soon and he wants to do an MGB or MGBGT project in the near future as well.

Garage is 2200 sq/ft and is about 20 mins from where we live. Right now we're still working on cleaning and prepping for a floor coating. The floor was loving NASTY. We power washed the whole thing twice, it pretty much went from black to a normal concrete color. Gnarly. We are using a product called U Coat It which is an industrial floor coating, hoping to get that down this weekend if the weather cooperates. Also replacing the lovely lighting with LED strips and putting up some fresh drywall. Then we're installing a MaxJax lift in the back corner. Should be pretty awesome when it's all done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down
I just ordered a MaxJax lift for my new garage, don't have it yet so can't give you any firsthand info but one of the main selling points is that you can unbolt them fairly easily and roll the posts out of the way when not in use. They're also relatively cheap (got mine on special for $1699 delivered) and seem to get great reviews.