Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

some_admin posted:

Soooo Jealous of everyone.
So what is the best deal on LED lights nfor a garage ow? I have 4, 4', 4 bulb fixtures and have lost some bulbs. want to move to LEDS.
I need 16 4' replacements or 8 really bright replacements.

I think most people sale shop Costco to buy that one distinct brand that looks kind of like a two tube fluorescent, but isn't. I have one and it's really bright. Were I building another garage I'd go with them over fluorescent for sure.

edit: ahhh yeah, Feit: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270879

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

beep-beep car is go posted:

My garage is from 48 and has the original concrete slab in it still. It's solid and not cracked but it's very very spalled. Like, marble size chunks spalled out from almost 80 upstate NY winters. Could...could I just pour a ton of that concrete self leveling stuff over it to fill the holes and make it smooth and nice again? Would I be able to park a car on it after?

That might be an option, but I'd worry about the expansion contraction of the different products with the added stress of the weight of cars, especially at the entry point where it'd be thinnest (unless you removed that section and did all new material. It's worth talking to a concrete pro to see what your options are, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it's really expensive.

I've got an original slab from '28 and while my climate isn't as bad as yours, mine has some similar issues. I decided to cover up rather than pursue replacement of concrete and bought rubber gym flooring from CL for a super nice finish. I don't have to sorry about salted winters though, so I'm able to keep it clean with much more ease than in your situation. Still, maybe check out the rubber diamond mats? That'd be washable and conform to the uneven surface.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 27, 2017

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

slidebite posted:

How difficult is it to install a garage door opener?

There is a lot of stuff I'm willing to do and have done myself, but garage door installation is one of the few I will always pay someone to do. I've heard way too many horror stories about people setting the preload on the spring incorrectly and breaking an arm or just straight up screwing something up.

But, I also have a really affordable garage door and garage door opener guy where installation of either is cheap if I buy the parts through him, which he also then warranties installation on. That certainly make the decision easier.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I missed the important word, 'opener'. That's what I get for reading and posting before drinking coffee.

It's totally doable if the door is already installed.

Woh, I'd never seen a shaft mounted opener before, that's awesome.