Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
The cool part about my house is that it has a garage, plus a standalone workshop in the back, plus another standalone music studio.

The bad part is that this is the garage:

Slab is cracked and bullshit, the lighting is terrible, and it barely fits a Miata to park - let alone work on it. The Miata's on the way out and I don't think anything else that'll work for us is going to fit, so I'll probably have to street park it and make the garage a motorcycle-only zone.

I'm going to put in a lot of LED lighting and outlets, then that's about all I can do in there. Kind of a drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

My dream is to rent a spot like that and split it half rehearsal / recording studio and half workshop / garage (and then sell my house and move into a studio or something.)

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I made my garage problem even worse.

Back bumper clears the garage door by about 1/2" if I have the front license plate touching my toolbox.

I'm still trying to figure out which way I want to go here. As it sits I might be able to give myself another inch lengthwise, which would at least mean I could get the car in and close the door without the nose of the car touching the toolbox. The Speed3 normally is street parked so as long as I can re-arrange when I want to put it in the garage I'll be decent. Otherwise, if I sell the motorcycle and rotate where the toolbox and shelving goes I'd have plenty of room lengthwise and actually be able to get into my toolbox. Anyone have any clever solutions? Unfortunately I can't get a motorcycle into my backyard or anything, it's the garage or nothing.

Otherwise for now I'm going to get a grip of linkable LED lights (any particular recs there?) an extra thing of outlets with USB charging for my helmet cam and bicycle lights, and maybe a new garage door opener whenever someone comes out with one that supports HomeKit.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

MrOnBicycle posted:

No idea how the garage and surroundings look, but maybe extend or build a bigger one? I'd be insanely nervous to ding something every time I went in there / parked the car.

House is built into a hill and already takes up a large percentage of a small lot. Nothing I can do until an earthquake knocks it all down and I can start fresh.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Millionth-ing that installing an opener is a piece of cake. I did a belt-drive Chamberlain at the old house we were renting, was a breeze.

Totally going to do the shaft drive at the new house, though! It has a low ceiling and getting rid of the opener would really help.