Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I moved to Asheville, NC from Wasilla, AK about 8 months ago. In AK I had a 3 car attached and 3 car detached garage, so I didn't want to lose that space with a new house. Luckily I was able to find a place with a 2000sq' garage under the house.
:circlefap:I was about to say "I tried to buy this house in 2014!" until I saw the outdoor parking. If you ever want to drink beer and point at cars with a bunch of sperglords in Arden, let me know.

I have a garage/shop under my house as well. There's an insulated dividing wall that creates a 27x30" garage and roughly the same on the shop side. The major benefit is that the shop never gets above ~65F since the slab and walls are poured concrete.

The shelving and LED situations have since improved and the number of Neon ACRs has halved - could almost fit them nose-to-tail but eh, wanted to get a Challenger inside. Unfortunately, the remaining ACR is torn into its component pieces for paint with wiring harnesses and poo poo strung all over the place.

Other side of the wall holds more tools and my dog's thunder shelter. Also a microwave for popcorn purposes. The toolboxes and engine stands have proliferated since this photo was taken and that's not necessarily a positive development. I also decided that the shop needed four outlets every 48" all the way around - really can't justify this in retrospect.

Thankfully there's enough outdoor parking to make up for the lack of horseshit I can fit inside - ignore the F150, I traded my XJ for the day. :v: Also, the builder apparently didn't want anyone to look at this side of the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU