Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo can announce games they don't even have names for yet, confident that they'll all be released before Beyond Good & Evil 2

Will BG&E2 even release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Monster Hunter World should be being streamed rifht now on Sony's thing right? How does it look?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zerilan posted:

Not for a couple more hours, those times were PST.

Owned by timezones again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-isnt-in-development/

Elder Scrolls 6 isn't in development and it's a three on their priority list.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CubeTheory posted:

Wait what no

why did they make a fursona creation sonic game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDMLXn99P4

Kelp Plankton posted:

i'm excited for my OC to fight their OC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kotaku interviewed David Cage
Despite Political Overtones, David Cage Says Detroit Is Mostly About Androids

quote:

“The story I’m telling is really about androids,” he told me in an interview after the demo. “They’re discovering emotions and wanting to be free. If people want to see parallels with this or that, that’s fine with me. But my story’s about androids who want to be free.”

quote:

“It’s the point of view of one of the two characters,” he said. “What I tried to do with this game is not be binary, not be black or white, or good or evil. Sometimes doing something bad can turn into something good, or vice versa. There’s usually more than one component [to situations in the game]. There’s the androids, there’s the humans, there’s the public, there’s the media. Your own people, what will they think of what you’re doing depending on how you do it, what you say about it to them, what you say to the humans? The situation is not binary. It’s actually quite multifaceted.”

And yet, this pivotal scene unfolded clunkily, relying on a binary meter to help convey a complex spectrum of ideas. I pointed that out to Cage, who explained that the scene will have more factors playing into it in the final game. “[The meter] is a part of this unique scene,” he said. “What is difficult for us to explain is that this scene is the only scene in the entire game where you have this gameplay and this situation. There’s a lot happening. The complexity emerges from the broader story arc and not just this scene.”

quote:

“I don’t want the game to have something to say, because I don’t see myself delivering a message to people,” he said. “But I’m definitely interested in asking questions to the player. Questions that are meaningful and that resonate with him as a person and a citizen. We live in a world that’s full of hopes as well as fears. Fears about the present and also the future. Where are we going? What’s going to happen? I just want to ask these questions and see how people react.”

• Locked thread