Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

aware of dog posted:

Again, if it was so clear that Comey broke the rules, why did it take so long to fire him?
the administration can just say it was just incompetence on their part, as has been the general republican defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

this is a nothingburger question, stop being impressed by rubio

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wyden needs better follow-ups to his questions, he's not very good at this

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

scuz posted:

How so? His timbre or his vocabulary or his attitude?
basically everything

that was more or less the definition of political grandstanding

if he really thought there were misdeeds, he should ask questions to elicit the truth or to force a lie. he was going off about smell tests and poo poo, that was nothing.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

keep going heinrich!!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

change my name to appropriateness bucket

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

sessions has hosed up baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly here

he has said that he's giving Trump the chance to review the question and decide to invoke executive privilege, so now he's thrown Trump under the bus who now must assert it or not
if he's right that it's always the president who decides whether to invoke executive privilege, then he's not exactly throwing anybody under the bus.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

what was burr clarifying with regard to heinrich?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

sessions has been really bad at taking the softball questions

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i'd vote for a ticket with angus king and martin heinrich on it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

To be honest I don't think any of the Democratic senators have done that great job nailing Sessions for refusing to answer questions. They just give up after a bit when what the papers really need is somebody to press him for all of five minutes

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't think Lankford is going to shut up

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Xae posted:

It is intentional. It gives a friendly witness time to rest.
I know that but that bit was unusually long even by republican standards

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This line of questioning by Manchin is actually really effective, he's made Sessions say "I don't recall" about five times in a row. It emphasizes how ridiculous that statement is

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Cotton is hot garbage

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

pretty sure tom cotton has an inverted penis

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

astonished by how sessions consistently fumbles the softballs from republicans

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol what the gently caress CBS

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

holy poo poo how has it happened AGAIN that the chair of the committe tells Harris, and only Harris, the only woman of color on the committee, to shut up and let the witness talk

this is so loving inappropriate

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Good job Reed

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"I'm not able to characterize my emotional reaction to that decision" loving lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Boot and Rally posted:

I didn't notice anything. What didn't I pick up?
he pointed out that Sessions said in July and November that Comey was doing exactly the right thing regarding Clinton emails, yet he later supported firing Comey for doing those things. it's a major inconsistency that somehow nobody else has spoken about yet

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i can't stop laughing at mccain

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i want facial reactions of every senator to mccain's questions, stat

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

can someone summarize what mccain's questions are about and how they've been good, they're all going over my head from how he's just mumbling them incoherently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

senator warner seems to be perpetually breathless

• Locked thread