Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
He looks like a little boy with gray hair and giant ears. He's an adorable little racist elf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Warner just rattling off eleven million things, any one of which could sink the fucker. I bet he's having a good time up there.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
He has little racist glasses :kimchi:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Recall" count: 1.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
An appalling and detestable lie, you say? Can't imagine where we'd have heard those.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Routine, uh, um, many routine, routine, situations

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
28CFR 45.2 required it!

Apparently.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"He didn't recall this"

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Overdose rate? What? Isn't that... oh well, whatever, he knows it's opioids he's just being a disingenuous motherfucker.

e: I admit it, I love the phrase "I recognize myself".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Did he just say he came as an interested citizen i.e. not as a senator OR as a surrogate? No way he hasn't contradicted that before.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
28 CFR 45.2 is back, baby!

(we should start a counter.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
He can't even answer an actual normal boring question. Shook :allears:

e: hmm, that's not technically a yes to not doing anything, just an allusion to the recusal

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Longstanding policy" to not comment for "confidential reasons that are founded in coequal branch powers in the Constitution of the United States"

holy poo poo NAIL HIM on that Warner

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Historically, we've seen that they shouldn't be revealed."

Well, yes. But historically we've also seen the Civil War, for instance, and nobody but you J. Beauregard S. thinks we should keep doing that.

e: and yes he's calling him Mr. Chairman, he's the assistant chairman or whatever, I assume that's technically correct

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...I wonder if that one will actually play in Peoria. "You were his superior, there were strong concerns, and you didn't say poo poo until he was fired".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a single thing in the Steele Dossier that has been "thoroughly discredited"? I thought we had confirmation of everything except the piss tape and nothing was wrong that we knew of.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Unfiltered by what the media's gonna put out"

I'm enjoying that I can figure out what party each person is just by their stupid loving sentences.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I absolutely don't believe he hasn't been asked to do an illegal thing. Even if it was a joking statement. Hell, I bet we've got one on tape already.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Feinstein genuinely sounded baffled for a second there when she heard "I can't discuss that".

e: why did this CBSN stream just cut to a headshot of Comey

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Comey's stunning USURPATION of the Clinton Prosecution

yeah motherfucker everyone cares that's not red meat at all

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, Rubio asking an actually good question. What's his angle for caring if Sessions thought the president was doing something untoward with Comey?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vegetable posted:

this is a nothingburger question, stop being impressed by rubio
Relative to everything else he's asked, it was far more relevant and pointed. Like this babble coming out of his mouth now, for instance!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Wyden's certainly pissed off about executive privilege, that's for sure.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Historic policies of the Department of Justice... wait a minute, is tthere a line to formally declare something as part of "confidential communications"?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What the hell was that poo poo, Beauregard?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm confused on multiple levels about what's going on here but I'm glad Wyden is yelling at a racist Keebler elf, at least :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Jesus. Literally quoting the oath.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"The President's Constitution right"

What right is that, Beauregard?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The Clinton Declination is my new Tom Clancy knockoff novel.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is Burr hinting that he's happy with the admiral's closed-committee answers, or is it typical to state things for the record like that?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The purpose of the mustache is to strain out the faint "bullshit" that King's probably mumbling right now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Boot and Rally posted:

Oh, so the president is going to assert a privileged to be named later.
We can just make up some privileges and assert those!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
He definitely just said "it was a communication... if any such occurred, it would have been a communication"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"You might have been very critical of me!"

really, not critical of the Attorney General being completely out of the loop here?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bluntly? No, Blunt was the earlier guy and Lee isn't here.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pollyanna posted:

Do they maintain a particular ratio of senators in these hearings? It would suck if they stacked it with Rs.
Every member of the committee, so it's 50/50. And the chair and vice chair get double the time, but that's one of each party.

(actually I think it's +1 R on this committee because, you know, odd number.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Every time Manchin's at that angle that makes his chin stand out from his lower cheek I chuckle at his "man chin"

basically I'm just dadposting hard in this thread I am so sorry.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Actually, I'm kinda surprised Manchin is asking about sanctions. That seems like he came in fixated on that and has totally dropped the executive privilege thing.

(come on Kamala, handle it)

e: interesting, he didn't ask "will you closed session", he asked "would a closed session change your answers"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is a good list. Priebus, Miller, Lewandowski? Thanks Manchin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"If you were sitting on this side of the dais, what question would you be asking?"

Man I'm really sad he didn't answer that with "what would you say if you were me" riddle-style

• Locked thread