Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

That drat slow southern drawl is annoying the poo poo out of Warner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Wyden'd be a lot more impressive if he wasn't lisping like Cindy Brady. Did he just have dental work done or is that normal for him?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Sessions basically stating he never did his job is his defense?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Majorian posted:

Phew, good, we can know conclusively that Wyden has won the exchange, folks.
He sounds like a right-wing caricature of a liberal unfortunately.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

scuz posted:

How so? His timbre or his vocabulary or his attitude?

He sounds whiny, wheedling, nasally, high-pitched, lisping and petulant. He's trying for outrage but it sounds rehearsed and he stumbles over his words when he tries to emphasize them. His stiff hand motions don't help either. He needs some voice coaching, because it would have been a lot more impactful otherwise.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

God FINALLY someone calling out this 'I'm not invoking executive privilege or classification cuz I can't I just... can't talk bout it cuz... reasons.'

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I would say I have consulted with senior attorneys in my department--

'I'm sure you have' (implied 'you lying little rear end-covering poo poo')

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

scuz posted:

Heinrich, gently caress yeah.

Those who have followed Wyden for a while know that he's a man of substance and a Good Senator who doesn't put up with bullshit. It's a gigantic problem when not putting up with bullshit non-answers in a hearing is considered "petulant."
Sorry that appearance and delivery matters? I'm not saying he's wrong I'm saying his delivery is poor. Much like Hilary Clinton's speechifying is just not that crowd-wowing. This poo poo matters. With the advent of radio and television appearance and delivery are important to perception, and giving up easy wins because you suck at a part of your job you deem superficial and not important enough to bother with is one of many many reasons Democrats are losing where they should be winning. Your outrage on his behalf because 'he's a good person' is immaterial.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

And speaking of completely rehearsed sounding statements Cotton's adjusting of the mike then word for word delivering the same line verbatim with the same cadence just came across as so loving transparent.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Uh your time expired why are you still talking they turned off the Dem's mike mid-sentence when he ran out of time.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

scuz posted:

C-SPAN still works!

Always watch CSPAN feed. No station id breaks or stupid poo poo like this.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Vegetable posted:

holy poo poo how has it happened AGAIN that the chair of the committe tells Harris, and only Harris, the only woman of color on the committee, to shut up and let the witness talk

this is so loving inappropriate
Hi welcome to living on planet earth as a woman in a professional setting.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

Apparently this isn't true anymore. Sessions is invoking it out of the possibility it may be invoked at any point in the future.

Should he be held in contempt for this and just isn't?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Sessions suddenly able to quote chapter and verse dates and times of when Comey made Clinton email statements. Amazing how that memory thing works.

• Locked thread