Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

Start with percussion. Then add a simple bass line. Throw some chords on top with a soft synth. If you have the "operator" synth in ableton 9 (I still use the old 8 suite and never bothered to upgrade) mess around with that and make your own sounds.

FM8 is a good plugin. Become familiar with all the pre-made percussion kits in the drums folder. Make whatever type of music you want and most importantly have fun.

You're gonna think it sounds bad at first but that's totally fine. The hardest part IMO is mastering everything and tightening up the eq. Huge pain in the rear end but worth it when you're driving down the road blasting your own music and it doesn't completely wreck your speakers/eardrums.

E: I don't have any recommendations but go on youtube for really anything you need. If I remember right I used to watch a guy whose channel was called eartrash or something.

EE: I found this. Might help?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC7ou0ryoToOvSOvrb0Y11bA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread