Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

I was excited, and then crushed when I realize that they changed the animation but not the song.

I'm glad I gave this show a chance -- once the humor gets character-driven it's great, despite the early, excessively manic episodes -- but I nearly turned it off as soon as the OP started for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

2. I totally forgot that several elements of earlier episodes existed: the popular mean girl, the nerdy friends etc. I think the show is better with their reduced roles.

A lot of the early stuff in season 1 feels like "oh my god guys Gravity Falls is making all the money, we have to be as much like it as possible." I'm glad the show's found its own sense of identity since.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I like all the stuff that points to the Mewnan monarchy being a really lovely institution even if the current King and Queen are personally well-meaning, hopefully Eclipsa brings that front and center.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Marco spent like a decade and a half wandering across dimensions to beat a magical quasi-deity at her own game, I'd say he's well over that border.