Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Wow. I had though about doing a thread for Star and I'm glad I didn't, it wouldn't have been a thousandth as good as this. Hats off. The show has been constantly improving since halfway through the first season, and I can't wait for S3. Great episode guide pointing out one of my favorite aspects: the groundwork laid well ahead of when it's needed (characters recurring in the background long before they talk, colors of magic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Would someone explain the "Jackie-Lynn is a mermaid" fan theory to me? Is it anything more than a bit of shell-theming on her accessories?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

However someone on tumblr talking about it linked the "How to act like your secretly a mermaid" Wikihow article and now the idea that Jackie is a normal human dork trying to imply that she's secretly a mermaid without saying it in the same way as that article is the funniest thing in the world.

Holy poo poo if the payoff is Jackie Lynn going "oh man when I was 12 I decided I wanted to he a mermaid, I even spent a weekend living by the water. That feels like so long ago, even though it was just two years." I am going to die laughing.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Skippy McPants posted:

Getting a one-on-one scene between two characters you voice has got to be a highlight for any voice actor.

I presume they refer to it as, 'doing a Billy West'.

Dee Bradley Baker has done multiple episodes (one of ATLA, a bunch of Clone Wars) that are just him talking to himself.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I think that everyone on-screen and many here are both overestimating how dead Toffee is and confusing his means and ends. The other monsters (Ludo in particular) want to conquer Mewni, and getting magic is a means to that end; I think Toffee doesn't care about anything temporal like ruling Mewni or even killing the Butterflies. He wants magic gone or corrupted and everything he's done was in service of that goal.

Even with the flow of magic to Mewni restored, it's been significantly changed and while Glossaryck isn't dead, he's no longer present for at least the near-term. I think Toffee's dying words, that only he knows how this ends, will prove true in the long-term.

(Also: what does Eclipsa crave? What is toffee? Hmmmmmm?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Shitenshi posted:

And then there was that one ominous dimension the stoned Moon and Star went to. It was them being trapped under some kind of dark structure and being a bunch of high idiots, they decided to leave, but the music ended on a scare chord for a brief instant, which you wouldn't think would be used if it was a throwaway location.

I think that was a manhole. An earth manhole, blocking magic from flowing to Earth.