Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
my favorite thing about this show is that pixtopia, the last episodes to feature the two boring backup dude characters, had an excellent opportunity to write both of them out of the show forever, but instead they stuck around only to not do anything for the rest of the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Fun fact, those characters only existed because Disney basically mandated that Marco had to have some male friends, and disappeared after the first season because the writers had no idea what to do with them.

my assumption was that they did some character polls after a few episodes and immediately adjusted the plot to feature janna and starfan26 more instead of those schmucks, who i refuse to remember the names of even though they were just posted a few replies up

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the less i have to think about board game star and marco, the better

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm really expecting this given Buff Frog showing that there are peaceful monsters and the whole stuff from back in season 1 about Mewni's founding where it was heavily implied Star's ancestors drove out innocent helpless monsters to make their kingdom.

the enemy has always been the centuries long status quo splitting the monsters and mewnans, and the magical high commission is basically the group in charge of enforcing that boundary, so if there's an "eclypsa was evil all along" twist it's going to be really surprising to me.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
all i know about eclipsa so far is her voice actor is really good

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

She's possibly also a Monster in the Mewni sense, too, or at least half of one. It would explain her beast transformation, for one thing, and if she's what happens when Mewmans and Monsters mingle then it would go a long way to explaining why everyone got scared shitless when Eclipsa, powerful even by royal Butterfly standards, had a kid with what sure looks like a powerful Monster.

im highly amused by this possibility mostly because it would make mina almost a direct parallel to othar tryggvassen of girl genius

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
star vs. usually handles issues of class and abuse of power well, so it was a bit jarring to have the conclusion of the holiday spellcial be "maybe a police state is a good thing, since having your every move be watched means some of the good stuff will be recorded too!"

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kaincypher posted:

so, just to make sure, but Marco and Kelly are an official couple right?

they drat well should be

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
finally got to watch the last season. i would be completely okay with a legend of korra style revival series, my only worry is we already got giant kaiju robots in the season 4 finale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
all the princess turdina stuff on its own is plausibly deniable as just being open minded about gender in general, but there's a line in Naysaya where the naysaya says "Marco Diaz covers the mirror when he showers, because Marco is ashamed of his own body!"

which to me as a trans woman seems more specifically targeted than the rest