Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Acebuckeye13 posted:

On a side note, though, I'm still blown away by how much they're throwing out right off the bat. It's literally a full fifth of the season in a single two-hour block :psyduck:

It's Disney. The scheduling is really weird. But for some arcane reason it always works great and must not be questioned or perturbed. The clusters of new releases might be a hidden message to their dark lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Macaluso posted:

This is my favorite... whatever you call these art cards. It's such a good drawing. That's all I have to say

I totally agree. It feels really dynamic and energetic.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Toffee makes such a good villain. So much cold disdain and dismissal. His appearance fits all of that quite well too. A coldblooded business person with slick hair.
It's especially interesting in contrast to Ludos mental instability.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
When does the rest of the season start anyway? I want more.

VVV Thanks. It always feels weird seeing our shared avatar. :)

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 22, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Moon... River.
I don't think I even noticed this until season two.

I kinda like how his upper body is about 8 times as wide as hers. Those proportions are so different, but the artstyle blends it together so much that you barely notice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Mewni is so incredibly racist. (specist? speciesist?) Eclipsa was probably the first queen who didn't act like she was King Leopold II.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 13, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, Moon was desperately trying to find a legitimate reason for punishing Eclipsa when Star came in, right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

TwoPair posted:

I'd say he might have started a sympathetic villain, right up until he killed Moon's mom.

So the point anyone took note of him? Up until that point he was just an average general. Then he rebelled and killed the enemy leader to stop peace negotiations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Moon looks really off with her hair opened up like that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You're forgetting the obvious.
The stump has been literally used as burning wood seconds before things turned sideways. That probably counts a bit more than a bit of bickering.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's a cartoon. Unless stated otherwise, that might be the first of several birthdays, all set in completely different seasons.
And frankly, it would be kinda weird, if Mewni uses the same calendar as earth. Don't overthink it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Although I'm confused why she would be skateboarding indoors.

She pretty much skates everywhere. That was established before.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ramos posted:

Kind of really obvious that Star blows off the chains at the end. I know they were going for "Is she going to shoot her?" sort of deal but come on, it's even aimed at them.
Maybe the opposite happens.
I'd be kinda surprised if it turns out Star does a cold blooded prisoner execution in the first episode. Eclipsa was just a motivation for Meteora to go insane.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It always freaks me out a bit when I remember that people actually imported their ice from glaciers and frozen lakes hundreds of miles away. The ice trade was such an unfathomable large industry, which completely died due to one invention.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

1993 was such a different time. :v:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Considering the Korean drama's reveal is that the protagonist was just being a drama queen, I think Pony Head was pouting and not clinically depressed.

Yeah. It's that. Ponyhead is just the kind of person to fake, or exaggerate a depression, just to get attention.
She has been pretty much the worst from the beginning of the series and never really tried improving anything about herself, because of her blown up ego. So I hope there aren't children who feel like they should identify with her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
*murmur*Who's queen Eclipsa?*murmur*

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

There's always that person who doesn't know who the current president is.

Sure, but it's right there in the title. If someone says President Trump (ugh) has been kidnapped, you could kinda figure it out from context.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This show is good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Looks like this confirmed Meteora only has vague memories of her original life, at least enough to really hate Marco, but otherwise seems to be having a fresh start on her life. And there's still the open question of who exactly sent the babies through the portal...

Is that really an open question? Heckapoo forgot to close her portal and as any parent will tell you, babies always seek out the most dangerous thing in the room, especially if it's shiny.

I don't think there was any malevolence involved.

I gotta say, Heckapoo should learn to be a bit more responsible with those scissors.
Of course, that might have been another attempt at a coup.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 28, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kefkafloyd posted:

Surprised that nobody's commented that Mariposa is the Spanish word for butterfly. Star should be proud. :3:

Aww. I knew that word sounded familiar. :3: It's certainly a better name than what was originally planned.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm starting to think that the the Magical High Commission is a bit shady.
I do wonder how they will progress with regards to Heckapoo, since she is on good terms with Marco. The other guy continues to be a no-entity. Do we actually really know anything about Bally McSphereface? He's always just tagging along.

According to the wiki his name is Omnitraxus Prime and he is responsible for spacetime. He was in that one episode about Star failing at math. I don't remember anything of that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
None of this would happen, if Goat Man was still around to keep these lunatics in check. Besides Toffee, he's the only characters who actually kicked the bucket during the course of the show, right?

Edit: There isn't really a spoiler here.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 5, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hey now, have you considered that they may be right? It's presented really ambivalently, so I'm not really sure who's the enemy here, if there is one at all.
One side wants to Kill Meteora's family and probably a bunch of other monsters for no reason other than generation long racism and one side doesn't want that. to happen Maybe there's a compromise? :shrug:

It's also interesting that the show literally confirmed that, Mewmans where just American settlers who came there by the magic wells, lost their memories of earth and continued to eradicate the natives.
And Glossarick created the MHC to help those jerks for some reason?

I assume there's more than one magic well on earth, because otherwise there were for some reason Puritan settlers in California. Was that a thing? I assumed those mostly stayed in New England. Then again, that might just be shorthand for the general fashion from back then.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 5, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Pakled posted:

You'd think that Hekapoo and Omnitraxus, being ancient, near-godlike entities with mastery over space and time, respectively, would have more perspective on the whole Mewmans vs Monsters thing and be less racist.

It's space and spacetime. Totally different.Time is Father Times domain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Toffee was right!
Eclipsas mother may have had some issues, but her outfit and hair were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

No.1 Special posted:

I don't know how I feel about where this series is going.
I do actually.
Star is realizing that the societal problem isn't that the wrong people are in power. Instead, monarchies have to be torn down all together. Especially, if they have a monopoly on magic forces, which are used as an easy shortcut solution to complicated problems.

Also, the Mewmans all suck in some way or another.

Pakled posted:

If destroying magic puts everyone back where they "belong," I bet that puts Mewmans on Earth since that's where they come from.

Maybe it's by place of birth? Who knows with those things?