Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Janna and Tom are totally going to be a couple. Calling it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Something I just thought about and it might have been speculated before, but where did Ludo get his scissors? I don't think he could have earned them so I guess stolen?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Corte posted:

Not a fan of where things are going but still on board.

Same. When he said "You're my best friend" to Jackie, I knew they were setting up to torpedo that relationship. It would've been nice if he brought along Jackie and/or Janna or something, but :shrug: this is Star's show, but at the same time Marco is a main character so certain decisions have to be made to maintain a certain character status quo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Nah those two goobers are sorta meh. It should've been Marco, Jackie and, Janna all going to Mewni, but getting deposited in some completely different part and while Star is dealing with Eclipsa, Marco and his gang are smack dab in the middle of monsterville as we see how the other half lives.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tom got a bit of a behavior adjustment if you remember the demoncism episode. The demon that did get demonsised was the one that made more prone to fly into a rage. Outside of that, Tom was a pretty decent guy from what we know of him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It'd e nice to see a Tom and Marco episode just to see how things are now between them. In what few interactions he's had with Marco this season, he been fairly civil, but they've been brief so it's not changed all that much after Tom got over Star the first time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Favorite music genre
:d: - Classical
:h: - Pop
:c: - Metal
:s: - ???
☾ - ???

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Monster Bash: That party was drat close to going well. loving Mina. The new worst person in Mewni. Never liked her.

The preview also makes you think Heinous/Meteora is going to be the one kidnapping people since they lampshaded it a little in Princess Turdina, but nope! I'm really eager to see the big confrontation between Eclipsa and her daughter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Nah. I'd wager that's just Mina being Mina and why she was considered such a great warrior way back when. One of the big points is that the line between Monsters and Mewmans seem largely arbitrary and just because one looks monstrous, doesn't mean that they're a Monster. We've already seen a little what a half- Monster/half-Mewman looks like in Meteora who's been hiding it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It seems very much the case that Mina is not exactly on good terms with Mewni law enforcement, up to and possibly including the High Commission, at this point for any number of reasons and I hope we'll learn about her fall from grace in some later confrontation. It likely has to do with Moon and her rise to power and the fallout after beating Toffee the first time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

How long until we find out that Marco is Star's distant cousin through Meteora and Eclipsa? He had the cheek marks.

It's actually possible that just using that sort of magic makes cheek marks appear and the royal family have theirs innately present due to their greater magical ability and potential.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Interesting that Marco reverts to his adult form when in Heckapoo's dimension.

We only got like a minute of it the whole episode though rather than what would probably be half and half

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
King Ponyhead is probably the most sane. An unfortunate situation for him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
"Hey, you wanna see a dead body?"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really want to see those kids grown up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh Marco you poor dumb son of a bitch

Yeah. I was expecting Tom to pick up the photo while Star was in shock. He didn't though, so that bombshell is getting saed for later

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Otoh, Meteora seems to be totally crazy and dangerous, even for Monster standards

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Star's mom has blue colored magic

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kinda crazy how far Tom has turned things around considering his first appearances. Does really seem like he's actually found being more chill and stable is more pleasant for everyone, especially himself. Though it does seem like he's still disinterested in Star's actual life while Marco takes an interest, which doesn't help their complicated relationships at all.

Tom seems 100% more interested in his relationship with Star than Star is, for better or worse. Star otoh, is almost 0% interested in her relationship with Tom and seems to be doing it out of inertia and now maybe a dose of guilt.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Jackie never did end up being much of a character in her own right and her send off was good for what it was. That it implies that she's now going out with a girl but doesn't state it (girls totally hold hands with their friends while skateboarding, right?) is about as much cover as it can get. Marco's friends now running a D&D group that mostly women was a bit of a dumb gag though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
To be fair, I think Star has been pretty fed up with Glossarik's bullshit for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

So now that the show is over what the heck was going on with the constant jackie is a mermaid stuff (and to a lesser extent "oscar is a vampire" which kinda feels like was just a joke). What was the original plan for that anyway? It's such a weird element that they brought up so many times without it ever being anything.

I think those were just fan theories and not actual things