Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Fun fact, those characters only existed because Disney basically mandated that Marco had to have some male friends, and disappeared after the first season because the writers had no idea what to do with them.

Oh man that is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Corte posted:

So I'm caught up and going through one of my oh so predictable bouts of ennui after having no more episodes to watch. Anyone have a recommendation for something in a similar vein? I've watched Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra.

Over the Garden Wall is closer to horror than anything else that's been mentioned but you basically owe it to yourself to watch it. It's so good.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

My only hope is that Starco isn't endgame. Male-female BFFs are almost nonexistant in fiction and I feel like it'd be healthier to show that these relationships can exist and are normal.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

This guy has a tendency to forgive male characters' issues than female ones'. I distinctly remember him seriously hating on Marvel from Gravity Falls and not on Dipper, and if I'm not mistaken he did the same with Steven Universe.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Man, I was really hoping Marco and Star would stay friends so we'd have an example of a male-female friendship on a cartoon aimed at young people. We need more of those.

Oh well, a love story that spans a lot of time and is as messy and complicated as relationships between teens are is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I wonder if people who do not obsessively think about children's cartoons will pick up on that.
Heck, I wonder if children will pick up on that.