Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The lack of Jackie has me wondering, is the fact that Kelly is in the final image of that new theme supposed to imply that she's a main character now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Roach Warehouse posted:

2. I totally forgot that several elements of earlier episodes existed: the popular mean girl, the nerdy friends etc. I think the show is better with their reduced roles.

I can't find the exact quote/interview, but I'm sure I read something where the writers said "yeah Disney said we had to give Marco male friends that we didn't know how to use so they're just disappearing into the background forever"

I would love to see the other cheerleaders back though, they seemed nice

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I never understand why people keep saying that. Mabel gets a ton of poo poo for her mistakes in both that Sock Opera and Last Mabelcorn, the former of which explicitly points out that Dipper goes through a lot to please her with little in return. Mabel's arc is great.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

If Eclipsa ends up getting a "villain" role, I wager it'll be more well-intentioned than malicious. Mewni's done bad poo poo, time to overthrow and help the monsters get back their land.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

This show is just phenomenal at its slow deconstruction of Mewni culture. Its been really well-paced and executed.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm curious how much Eclipsa knew, or at least suspected Star wasn't related to her. She had to at least know "well these guys don't have monster features so some poo poo has deffo gone down" but she could also have assumed that her ex just got a new wife, making the Butterfly still royals.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

There's something more satisfying to me about five seasons, but I'll take four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

You know, I find myself wondering a lot what Lekmet's opinion on this whole mess would be. The entire MHC is bonkers, but its never made clear what Lekmet's role in the Meteora fiasco would be and if he would reign in these idiots.