Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Thanks for sharing OP. I was previously unaware of this fun show! It's no Gravity Falls but it's pretty great. I agree with Test Pattern that they've done a good job plotting out and tying things in. One of my favourite silly bits is how $650 is always the amount needed to resolve a situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

So I'm caught up and going through one of my oh so predictable bouts of ennui after having no more episodes to watch. Anyone have a recommendation for something in a similar vein? I've watched Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have in fact already seen OtGW and loved it. I've gone back and listened to the princess song a bunch and thought they did a really good job. I'm not Fall Out Boy fan but Patrick Stump did a great job with the vocals.

Levin fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 21, 2017

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Really enjoyed the first eight episodes and glad to see the end of the Toffee arc, on to Eclipsa! Surprisingly I think I've more enjoyed the MOTW elements of the show than the mythology so I hope we get back to get good ol' Star and Marco hijinks. One thing this show has over Gravity Falls is there's more of it which is great.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Updated OP looks great. Did they change the design for Eclipsa? I feel like she looked taller and thinner in the episode but perhaps I'm mistaken. So far I am not down with Star moving back to Mewni and hope it doesn't last. I'm still enjoying the show immensely and and appreciate maybe it makes sense for progressing the story but I feel it's at its best when Marco and Star are having misadventures.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Not a fan of where things are going but still on board.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

It definitely feels uneven but I think it can get back on track. I'm glad they didn't immediately dive into a love triangle story line with Marco, Tom and Star. I hope we haven't seen the last of the Earth crew because I think they definitely had a place in the show. I preferred the fish out of water we got with Star on Earth but can see how that could get old and understand them trying to change things up.

I feel like I could use a couple more Marco/Star solo adventures to get back into the swing of things and maybe throw in a funky Ludo one-off. Also Eclipsa is pretty great so far, I hope we get some back story episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

So as worried as I was early on during this run of episodes they definitely proved me wrong. So long as we get Janna, and hopefully Marco's parents, I'm good with leaving behind Earth. I've enjoyed all of the revelations and character development that's happened. The only bummer is now there are no more episodes and I'm having flashbacks to Gravity Falls' breaks...