Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This is my favorite... whatever you call these art cards. It's such a good drawing. That's all I have to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Toffee is like everything I like in a villain. It's a little sad he's dead but no good villain can live forever.

The transformation was loving awesome I wanna draw that poo poo super badly but a replacement cord for my tablet hasn't arrived yet :qq:

Also I gotta say, I wish Ludo had a bit more of a... resolution? I guess? I find him to be a really tragic character and would've liked a bit more than just "I have some stuff to work out throw me off screen for a while".

The credits song is dope

edit: They shoulda done more to make the magical liquid when the regeneration temple starts up again look less like pee though

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 17, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There are not enough covers of the Ballad of Star Butterfly. Step it up internet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Theorycrafting: Toffee and the Prophecy

There's been this theory buzzing through my head for a while now, and I think I've brought together enough pieces to create a picture. Absolutely zero of this could be true, but I figure it holds together fairly well and it's interesting enough to share.

So here's the central theory: during his decades of research, Toffee happened across a prophecy that foretold great destruction and involved Star and Marco. This prophecy hinges on Mewman magic existing, so Toffee decided to get rid of it and avoid the destruction entirely. Mind you he also wanted revenge for his humiliation and to get his finger so he could reform his body once he had corrupted all Mewman magic, so he wasn't some misunderstood good guy this whole time. He simply had some additional motives that help explain some otherwise unexplained moments.

Point 1: The strange room in St. Olga's

On the ceiling there's a skylight which appears to be a portal through which a bunch of flying demon-monsters are pouring forth. These look like no Mewman monsters we've seen, and Tom's people have no wings. Plus many have three eyes and don't need wings to fly. Therefore, this is an as-yet unknown invading force.

Opposing the mural on the ceiling is a crescent moon that surrounds a star and a sun. Star and Marco, united by the Blood Moon? Marco isn't much of a sun at the moment, but that could change. There are also symbols in the surrounding border, possibly representing their friends and allies.

Point 2: "You're a disappointment." "Yeah? Well, you're boring."

Toffee seems to expect more from the kid the other monsters only know as "Karate Boy." His stoic facade even cracks for a second when Marco calls him boring. Coming from Star's unusually competent but otherwise ordinary friend, those words would be meaningless, but coming from a person Toffee knows is a Chosen One those words would carry some weight. On top of that, he spares Marco's life even though we know for a fact that honor means absolutely nothing to him. Could Toffee have spared Marco because the boy would be needed for the prophecy if his own plan didn't pan out?

Point 3: "Okay, so my hand says I can't destroy you, so I have to put you in the dungeon."

If Toffee is playing it safe by not killing Marco, this would also explain why he spares Star during "Toffee." I assumed he wanted to keep her alive for the sake of ransom, but he could have possessed Ludo, overpowered the now-helpless queen, and taken his finger by force instead. He also didn't finish Star off when she is completely in his power in the Source. If he doesn't care so much about getting her out (assuming he even knew how), it would be because he thinks at that point that he had won and averted the prophecy all at once.

Point 4: "You think you've won? Ha! You don't make the plans! I do! Me! Only I know how this all turns out!"

It seems like Toffee is referring to himself and his own plans here, but what if he's not, or at least his first and last sentences aren't? What if he's talking about the prophecy and the coming destruction? And what if the protagonists will have to resurrect Toffee to find out what that prophecy says?

Again, these are just some thoughts I wanted to share since it means I get to be smug if it turns out I'm right later. But if I'm not, it'll just be one more for the pile of off-base speculations.

I live for poo poo like this. I love these kinds of theorycrafting posts when it comes to Steven Universe, loved it with Gravity Falls, I love it with this show.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think Glossaryck would make a much better body pillow. He spends like half the show lounging suggestively in his bathrobe :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It seems weird that they had Heckapoo just like, stop existing and be totally cool with that, instead of just... I dunno having her flame go off and then just become mortal.