Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

DA BEARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

without alex's posts how will i be made aware of potential bad decisions to make?

Search your purchase history, you know it to be true.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Orv posted:

Search your purchase history, you know it to be true.

yes but i know i havent made enough of them yet! alex, please liberate me from my money~

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Does steam accept subway cards now?!?

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Kegslayer posted:

Does steam accept subway cards now?!?

Does subway accept steam cards?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Why not just pay a sketchy dominatrix hooker to tie you up, call her friends to come in to beat the poo poo out of you, while she cleans out your house for anything of value? I guarantee it would be a more pleasant experience than anything with Snail logo on it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

SweetBro posted:

Why not just pay a sketchy dominatrix hooker to tie you up, call her friends to come in to beat the poo poo out of you, while she cleans out your house for anything of value? I guarantee it would be a more pleasant experience than anything with Snail logo on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4Vd_h3DA0

you need to watch old episodes of cheaters to know why

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

I put games before girls long ago. There's no going back now.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 18

Cool beta test

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Digital Decay posted:

Peak concurrent players yesterday: 18

Cool beta test

Given the expected playerbase I guess that counts as a stress test?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

they let enough people to fill the server in, mainly youtubers and other people, but not enough people to fill the server up at any given time

they plan to add more but this is gonna end up very gbs china thread being snail games

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
When there becomes a good chinagame, I will be there. Reggin pm me when it happens pls. I remember Age of Wushu.

I will not be there for this though, I think.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I won't be there for this either

the old aow thread is pretty much china general games thread and we will see a game there in 2 to 5 years so pretty much never

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
All I want is a good MMO. why are they all so bad :(

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

speaking of bad mmos

some how archeage has spent time no the steam top sellers list for way too long since there is nothing else out there except an infinigrind game with better combat

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Did anyone figure out if Age of Wushu 2 is this pseudo MMO survival game bullshit too?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Third World Reggin posted:

I won't be there for this either

the old aow thread is pretty much china general games thread and we will see a game there in 2 to 5 years so pretty much never

Hey, Moonlight Blade is supposed to be out this year!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

These things are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Comes out Thursday ($29.99)
http://steamcommunity.com/games/529180/announcements/detail/2318642437924814867

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SweetBro posted:

I liked puking on people in a game I paid for using subway cards. Also I was the first person on the server to tame an elephant or sell a horse lance.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I am probably in the minority here but I have been super hyped for this game. I really liked Ark and hopefully this game delivers in a way that Ark did with more of a fantasy feel. I understand that snail games is running it but they have had wildcard studios since 2015. I guess we will find out!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It's out. Discounted to $24.89 for the first week
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529180/Dark_and_Light/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Zaekkor posted:

I am probably in the minority here but I have been super hyped for this game. I really liked Ark and hopefully this game delivers in a way that Ark did with more of a fantasy feel. I understand that snail games is running it but they have had wildcard studios since 2015. I guess we will find out!

oh no, there are quite a few idiots who think a reskinned ark run by chinese is a good thing

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

steam review posted:

No PVE servers at the time of this post, as was advertised, just PVP servers. Was spawn killed 5 seconds after character creation by a group of screaming mouth breathers. No way to disable voice chat other then volume slider, and had to listen to a bunch of screaming idiots. Vital keybindings such as zoom in/out, toggle run, map, etc all didn't work.

Seems like it's got a healthy goon population already.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

reviews looking pretty good

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

27% positive reviews on Steam is pretty good for a snail game!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

twitch super star sodapoppin is playing this game live now! looks very snailish

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I had fun with it but it's pretty barebones right now. Gonna refund it and get it in another 6 months (hopefully on sale) but keep in mind that if you wait too long, they might pull some ARK bullshit and sell it for $60 close to release.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

soda lasted about 15 minutes in the game, most of them in the character creator. good job snail, another hit

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I had fun with it but it's pretty barebones right now. Gonna refund it and get it in another 6 months (hopefully on sale) but keep in mind that if you wait too long, they might pull some ARK bullshit and sell it for $60 close to release.

Go make a thread for that Citadel thing which is apparently just this but not by the chinas?

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Has this game failed yet ?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Go make a thread for that Citadel thing which is apparently just this but not by the chinas?

I tried Citadel, it's like Dark and Light but worse in every way. I can at least say I like the Dark and Light pseudo-MMO thing Snail is doing with the cities and NPCs.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hal_2005 posted:

Has this game failed yet ?

You cannot die when you are born dead.

straller
Dec 17, 2013
Game is liked so highly from what I've read from all of yas, I've been in search of digital irritation, worth a try.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

are you high

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is this what Age of Wushu 2 is going to be?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

This game is actually pretty fun. I do like ARK though and lots of people hate on that too. Fwiw they seem to be responding swiftly to the community and there has already been multiple patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
is this the new bad MMO thread?

• Locked thread