Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Isn't the guaranteed 4* past the point where angra was introduced into the fp gacha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

InfinityComplex posted:

Isn't the guaranteed 4* past the point where angra was introduced into the fp gacha?

In 8 months of playing the japanese game, I got more Angra (4) than 5-stars (2). I'm not worried about getting him on the English server.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Mah boy Angra and my husbando Merlin won't be in for a while, and my waifu Francis Drake also won't be in at the start.

I'm sorry I misjudged you.

Waiting on Jeanne Alter, myself, to "invest" some IAP with no ROI.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pureauthor posted:

I will whale like a crack-addicted consumer whore for english JAlter.

Would you burn like a witch for JAlter?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If I can get Altera and Nitocris at some point, I'll be happy. Gotta wait forever to get Melt anyways. Oh and Atalanta.

Oh and of course it is my life's mission to collect all the Cus. Just a full squad of Cus. Old Cu, New Cu, Girl Cu, Not-Cu, Cu With A Stick...

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
As long as I can get both Jeannes back, I'm good.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I managed to get Melt, Passionlip, and Kiara with only a couple of ten-rolls and a lot of free tickets. My luck in English FGO will never be as good.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cheap Trick posted:

RIP Space Flower's ears

Died and gone to heaven

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have been playing this game since release and I still have yet to get one Angra

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
No one has the Golden Boxes CE LB'd, which makes me sad.

The Blue Oni was a little tricky with Ibaraki as she's kinda glass canon'ish and it's difficult keeping her alive with Waver+Waver; Mashu+Waver or Waver+Merlin seem like better bets the next time Red Oni appears.

The boxes/cloth/corals seem like they have suspiciously low drop rate but I probably haven't unlocked the better nodes yet.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Argas posted:

I managed to get Melt, Passionlip, and Kiara with only a couple of ten-rolls and a lot of free tickets. My luck in English FGO will never be as good.

I have a NP5 Archer Arthuria. I'm going to miss her :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another servant score list, this time the first half of the 2* servants

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Something I haven't quite figured out from the OP or from previous reading: Where does this game sit on the spectrum from Pokemon "You can beat the game with pretty much any team" to typical Mobage "95% of summons will just die instantly on later content regardless of level or build"?

Also do we know yet what options people outside the US will have for getting this? The guides for getting the Japanese version all seem to be focused on QooApp, which seems like it only provides things from Asian app stores.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
You can beat all the content in the game, including the specific challenge quests, with only 3* and below servants, people have done it. Not to mention you can use servants from your friends list, meaning you'll always have access to a bunch of 5*s if you just add people on reddit or whatever. If you don't feel like raising every 3* in the game so you can do specific gimmicks as the bosses demand, you can just raise a bunch of budget support servants (Hans, George, Leonidas, Shielder, Asterios) and play 'support the guy with 5* damage' and that's enough to carry you through everything in the game. The game also has a lot of events that give out free 4*s specific to the event, and a lot of them are actually very good and better than a lot of the non-welfare 4*s.

To give an example of this game being balanced such that 3*s can reliably clear content, the hardest chapter in the game's story is generally considered to be Camelot. The best servant for a lot of its hardest boss fights is Euryale, a 3*. This is because she has skills that both lockdown and damage male servants, and a lot of the chapter's hardest bosses are male sabers that she counters. The 5* anti-male archer, Orion, outdamages Euryale by a lot but does not have the utility and lockdown that Euryale brings to the table, so she's actually outclassed in those boss fights by Euryale, or at least isn't as essential as Euryale is. Orion might do more damage, but Euryale makes it so you can actually survive the fights.

5*s have stats and numbers that 3*s can't compete with, but 3*s and below have utility that is almost unique to them.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 17, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I think we all should choose a low-Star servant to use through the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think we all should choose a low-Star servant to use through the game.

the one you want to choose is hans. he makes every major boss fight in the game, all the way up to the most recent events, so much easier. though he's pretty much worthless at clearing random trash fights, but then those fights are impossible to lose anyway.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
To clarify, do you just mean that there are specific 3*s that are good enough to beat the game? Or can I take basically any halfway balanced team of 3/4*s to the end if I level them enough?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

To clarify, do you just mean that there are specific 3*s that are good enough to beat the game? Or can I take basically any halfway balanced team of 3/4*s to the end if I level them enough?
There are specific 3*s that are good for specific fights, and there are 1-3*s that are better than others. Geronimo, for instance, is essentially worthless and he's a 3*, while Cu Chulainn is better than almost every 4* Lancer in the game and he's a 3*. That said, if you really like someone that's pretty bad, you can still generally use them for random mob fights where their class fits since those are easy, or find some dumb gimmick that works for a couple of the major boss fights involving them. Like Baal linked in his analysis of the 1*s, someone had Kojiro solo the final boss because Kojiro is their favorite servant, even though Kojiro is pretty mediocre and stuck with 1* stats.

Keep in mind that there's maybe ~30ish fights in the main story, tops, that are actually difficult enough to justify extensive teambuilding. The rest is, yeah, stuff that any halfway appropriate team of 3/4*s can beat. And it'll be months before any of the remotely difficult content is added.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 17, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You might want to go with whatever 4-5* you got and build a team around it.

I got berserker a lot, so I end up with berseker taunt team that wins everything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For JP FGO, Epic of Remnant Chapter 2 is dropping at the end of June to the beginning of July along with a new support tab for Extra servants and 4* Fou cards in the Rare Prism Exchange.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's the second half of the 2* Servants

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
To pass the time until the English F/GO release I've started replaying EXTRA, this time on an emulator.

Let me tell you, this game is a lot more tolerable in 1080p with a nice analog stick, no load times, save states and a fast forward button.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I can confirm that Hassan is great.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

Also do we know yet what options people outside the US will have for getting this? The guides for getting the Japanese version all seem to be focused on QooApp, which seems like it only provides things from Asian app stores.

QooApp does supply US installers for some games, which is how e.g. I can have Puzzle & Dragons since it's not available in Australia. Alternatively there's download sites like APKPure.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I can confirm that Hassan is great.

Dead Arm Hassan is a goddamn beast. Depending on whether we are getting the guaranteed starter 4* in the English version, he could be the backbone for a lot of early teams. Even later on and in events his low cost, sustain, and consistent ability to generate crit stars make him valuable.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

QooApp does supply US installers for some games, which is how e.g. I can have Puzzle & Dragons since it's not available in Australia. Alternatively there's download sites like APKPure.

Does the way you get the game change what you need to do to piss away money on Saint Quartz? Other than the Android/iOS difference obviously.

Actually, that's another question: Can bind codes move accounts between Android and iOS?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Raenir Salazar posted:

No one has the Golden Boxes CE LB'd, which makes me sad.

I have enough copies to max LB one, but then I couldn't give one to every member of my party.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

NRVNQSR posted:

Does the way you get the game change what you need to do to piss away money on Saint Quartz? Other than the Android/iOS difference obviously.

Actually, that's another question: Can bind codes move accounts between Android and iOS?
Same as other game with buying quartz.

You can switch between android and IOS, I did it before.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
We should make a google list of everyone's friend ids here. I can't even remember who half the people on my list are.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

InfinityComplex posted:

We should make a google list of everyone's friend ids here. I can't even remember who half the people on my list are.

Seconded. I distinctly remember the last time I looked at my f-list and wondered who or why I'd even added so many moonrunes with Arash or Elizabeth at the time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how to get tohsaka. will also accept mordred

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

how to get tohsaka. will also accept mordred
mordred and ishtar aren't in the game at launch, sorry. they're added with london and babylonia respectively.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If I can get Altera and Nitocris at some point, I'll be happy. Gotta wait forever to get Melt anyways. Oh and Atalanta.

Oh and of course it is my life's mission to collect all the Cus. Just a full squad of Cus. Old Cu, New Cu, Girl Cu, Not-Cu, Cu With A Stick...

For what it's worth, Atalanta firt appeared in the Gil gacha, which was the first limited servant banner, which was within the first 2 months iirc.

On the topic ofgood low-rarity servants, David is absurdly good. Mostly because he's got a party-wide dodge which can really save your bacon against AOE NPs (here's to you, Camelot).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll post my US ID when I finish rerolling a million times.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How much money will I have to spend to get Gilgamesh

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

Depends how long you wait for farmers to get in on the business :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

kid gilgamesh from hollow ataraxia is a 3* that's easy to get. will you be satisfied with that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

kid gilgamesh from hollow ataraxia is a 3* that's easy to get. will you be satisfied with that.

He's a good kid too.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I look forward to saying I will reroll but actually not rerolling more then maybe once or twice before succumbing to fatigue and taking the Julius Caesar the game throws in my face.

e: Basically me

Arianya fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The current meta for damage dealing servant needs one of following three to be good: stargen, np charge speed, or damage.

Servant that can do two is top tier, and those who can do all three is op.