Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
The other elephant in the room. Who's the best waifu? *pst* It's Iskandar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Is the reroll strategy then to play through the prologue and have basically 3 rolls?
- Guaranteed 4* roll
- Prereg bonus roll
- Prologue roll
When does the guaranteed 4* roll occur? Before or after the prologue? If before the prologue, should we be playing through the prologue regardless of the results from the guaranteed roll to get the extra roll?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I haven't played the JP version, but from what I gathered, its a single pull for a guaranteed 4*. After completing the prologue, there's enough quartz earned for a full 10 pull from the normal gacha (1 guaranteed servant of 3* or higher).

Depending on when the single guaranteed pull occurs will affect efficiency of the re-rolling procedure.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's me, I'm the guy aiming for Stheno. Because I am the world's only fan of the two older Gorgon sisters.

:hfive: I'm going to try to start with Stheno and a 5*, preferable Jeanne.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

EzEight posted:

I never though getting Herc could be this hard... been rolling since release.

Going to PM you a Herc/Vlad account.

Edit: You suck. No PMs. Let me know how you want to get the account info.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Herc / Vlad
8fpJZb6dYx

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Up for grabs:
Herc / Martha / Tamamo Cat / Medea / Divine Banquet
GAXNZGNNQ2

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I decided to reroll and got much better team this time around, both on "waifu" metric and "actually useful team composition" metric, so if someone wants account that has Jeanne and...that's pretty much it here it is:

Bind: SFzXERzVHP
Password: 1111

What's the starter?

Edit: I've taken it for now. Thanks bud.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 26, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Cipher, your Vlad is carrying my Jeanne and Alter Saber through 30 AP hands and it's great. Im leveling faster than i can spend the AP.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man I ascended my Saber Alter and I still feel like attacking with her instead of herc is a bad idea, dude hits just too dang hard even at like level 25.

Saber alter's strength is her NP to clear trash waves and do lotsa burst aoe dmg. Herc is turn to turn consistent high damage from his buster cards.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've spent so much ap on that Thiers free quest and these fangs still barely drop. :negative:

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I need some help with picking my 4*. I currently have Atalante for my Archer and Lancezerker for my Berserker. Should I go with EMIYA or Herc? The Waifu option is Stenhlo (currently: Hassan/Kojiro) and the comedy option is Marie (currently: Uchi). I like Herc as a character slightly more than EMIYA, but I feel EMIYA might be a better archer than Atalante in a vacuum, while Lancezerker would fill the same buster role as Herc.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nate RFB posted:

Soon, Raenir Salazar, you will not be the only one in my friends list with a 70 Jeanne. Soon...

Ugh, I only need 1 more caster piece for that 2nd ascension.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
So just for fun, I did a reroll on my ipad just to try my luck. I thought my ipad was glitching because I literally saw Robin show up 4 times in a row during the tutorial roll:

It's archer time baby!

Apparently, it truly was class <Archer> time!

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

RanKizama posted:

I've got a 90 Jeanne on my Friends List now. Every battle is now trivial between her and my 60 Altera.

The level 70 Saber Alter is way more impressive. Where the hell did they farm those chaos claws?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Speaking of Jeanne, just got the mats I needed for third Ascension. Super / great / super feeds has her at 80. Now for 3 assassin and 1 berserker monuments.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
This ridiculous run gave me the last assassin monument I needed to 4th Ascension Jeanne:

Nate RFB posted:

So long Artoria, I hope I never have to fight you ever again.

That QP requirement though :eyepop:

Apparently, it costs 9 million QP to grail her the first time. I hope the cost doesn't go up with each additional grail.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 12, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Burn it for gacha karma.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, it's not the drop rates that's better, it's the 5 chaos claws from quest reward and all the stuff you can get for medals from the event exchange shop.

Rates definitely are better than the dailies for the specific drop because you can't get spooked by a demon spawn. It's just still terribly low rates. I've gotten 2 claws out of 420 AP.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
You mean you guys aren't 3-4 rounding 30AP? My strategy is around Lancelot w/ Imaginary Element, Saber Alter with Kaleidoscope, and a 3rd ascension Waver.
Round 1 - Waver uses skill 1 on Lancelot and skill 2. Lancelot NP: Knight of Owner
Round 2 - Saber Charisma, Waver skill 3. Brave or buster chain with stars from Lancelot NP
Round 3 - Saber Buster Boost, Chaldea uniform attack boost. Excalibur Morgan as part of a buster chain if possible. Clean-up as needed.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I'm saving for Euryale to get added. Up to 621 rolls.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
That Nobu NP with skeleton is so metal. I need her.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
It's only for three days anyway. Predictions are moon festival starting Monday.

Edit: 3 free quartz for unplanned maintenance tonight. Spend your AP before 4-UTC, 0-EST, 9-PST.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 7, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Sophism posted:

The rate up is nowhere near generous enough within that 1% chance of getting a 5*.

During the Gilgamesh rate-up I rerolled until I got a Waver, Vlad and Altria on the first pull, and Gilgamesh was actually the 5* I saw the least while churning out reroll accounts. Then using all of the Start Dash + Gil campaign + story completion + dolphin package quartz, I got another Vlad and a Jeanne during that rate-up. Now with the Orion campaign, I got another Waver and then finally an Orion.

Sooo 1 rate-up in 7 successful 5* pulls.

You also got 7 successful 5* pulls, so... gently caress you?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Airspace posted:

They'll decide to close the NA version right before we get new animations.

And then taunt us about it.

'Look forward to our new animations... except NA won't because we're announcing the shutdown of services.'

'Look forward to our new animations... in the sequel, Fate Grand Order 2: Salt Harder.'

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nate RFB posted:

I kind of would like to try for Waver but this otherwise feels like a trap.

I'll probably do a single 10 pull on Waver day.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Sophism posted:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but singing Altria is really cute.

It's a parody redraw of this opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ_m5VLhqNg

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Pureauthor posted:

The vast majority of people are not going to bother to talk about the 7 Black Keys, 2 Azoth Daggrs, and 3 Shinjis they pulled with their Tickets.

I did a 10 pull and the only 4+* card i got was a Shroud. That is my story.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Freak Futanari posted:

All i want is a Konosuba crossover, with Megumin being a 5-star Caster version of Arash

No we can't have nice things. We would only get Aqua as a 5-star version of Medea Lily.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Got Kintoki to 80 and FP just started raining. First time since the beginning Waver isn't getting the most used class in my line-up :) He also reached ok stats finally. I hate reverse S.

It's probably because the majority of your friend list is running Thiers/Germancia/Gaul, which can be cleared by just BUSTER SMASH! everything instead of needing NP boosting skills.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nate RFB posted:

I actually prefer a Support Waver for Gaul, so that I can do Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope and use Waver to instantly get him to 100% and use his NP on the final round. Since even with a Kaleidoscope, it's about a 50/50 chance Lancelot makes it to the final round with NP at 100%. God his NP gain is so bad!!

If you had a Max Limit Break Kaleidoscope, you wouldn't even need Waver. :gacha:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Jeanne replied:

"My beloved, my precious master,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Hate-Senpai posted:

You could also (if you have the Mystic Code that prevents buffs once) cast the no-buff Code on Marie, unleash a NP burst on turn one, and then use command seals to unleash another NP burst.

God knows there's never really much use for Command Seals at this point anyways. I've used them a grand total of 3 times in NA.

It negates the effect of buffs for this turn (rather than prevent casting of buffs), so you wouldn't be able to deal dmg with a 2nd NP using a command seal, if she recasts it at the end of the current turn or if the invul lasts more than the current turn.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
What is her shoulder armor supposed to be it? It makes me think of a bear in a sombrero.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

MonsieurChoc posted:

4 Quartz out of 300. 296 more to go.

IIRC, 300 is the average number needed for a 5-Star. So once I hit that benchmark, then I'll think about what I want.

It's the average number for a 50% chance at a 5-star.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Pureauthor posted:

Reddit and 4chan have combined their experiences to out-salt the Dead Sea.

https://imgur.com/a/vJiBQ

https://imgur.com/a/wKXyV

All those salt posts with less than 300 quartz spent expecting a SSR. Is this their first gatcha rodeo?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

U-DO Burger posted:

what's this, a guaranteed 5* servant gacha? Should I be keeping 30 quartz in reserve?

It's 30 paid quartz only. If you're unsure, go to My Items in your Room and select quartz to see how many paid quartz you have.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I got a drop of Lewd Mama from the 30 AP, then I got a drop of Lewd Mama from Medusa in the Guerilla.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Wuxi posted:

Anyone who says he got Halloween Princess to drop is lying :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.