Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
When you use a bind code at the start screen, you are moving that entire account over to your current device. Everything about that account carries over. Bind codes are one-time use, so after retrieving the account, you have to go create a new bind code. Bind codes also do not expire.

Velyoukai posted:

In the Japanese case, Saber Lily was a card game event Servant or some such promo. Limited means of obtaining her. For stateside, it seems they're just gonna either give her away or give out her code (same way the free 4* Servant of choice event would work if we get that) for people to use early on.

Saber Lily was a Japanese pre-reg bonus, but because it was only possible to get 1 copy of her, she became a reward for an in-game event later on.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Took 150 quartz but I got Milfzerker (and a shitload of the 5* event CE).

If only I had any blue berserker gems.

e: I have 32 reds and 18 golds, what the hell. :negative:

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I've got Raikou with a max LB Student Council CE (15% Arts and Buster), but is there something better? I don't have the event damage CEs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

No one has the Golden Boxes CE LB'd, which makes me sad.

I have enough copies to max LB one, but then I couldn't give one to every member of my party.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

One of the berserkers is Tamamo and even if it's not the best Tamamo that still makes her the best berserker

Tamamo is best Waifuserker, but Raikou is best Momserker. :colbert:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

JP version dropped a date for the next EoR, the 28th, and also showed the new Caster's ascended form (dem titties). Gotta clear the last Singularity to access it.

SpaceDrake posted:

They haven't announced pricing, but here's some depression for you: F/GO's setup is actually one of the better gacha/price setups in Japan currently and that's a key part of why it's so successful. It has a pack of quartz that is perfect for impulse 10-pulls, and a lot of JP players go for it. And thanks to favorable currency conversions, any American playing the JP version actually pays less.

To add more information on this pricing: The most expensive pack in the JP version is US $81.54 right now, for a total of 140 quartz. At the current quartz cost, that's just under 5 10-pulls.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

How does your friend feel about EMIYA Alter, then?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Delete the data and restart the app.

SereneCrimson posted:

I'll pretty much be happy with any servants I get, as long as I can get my extremely good boy Iskandar.
Now if they had one where he's wearing his preorder bonus t-shirt I'd drop a ton of summons on that alone.

Adult Iskander was available during the Fate/Zero event, but young Iskander (Alexander) is in from the start.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Motto posted:

It skips dupes completely as far as I can tell, and I can't blame them for not designing it with rerolls in mind.

Tapping skips 1-3*s entirely, unless they're new, and will skip the animation straight to the card for 4-5*s.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

None of them. You will run low on everything, by design.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

OddObserver posted:

With same background, the exp system confuses me. Like am I supposed to just do quests and hope for the right drops to level up my characters?

The exp system is very standard. Feed cards to other cards > get exp.

And yes, you grind for materials to upgrade your dudes, like every other game???

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

newer fancier servants will be newer and fancier.

*Cleopatra styles onto the scene*

e: Got Agartha Caster and Assassin in one roll :toot:

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 29, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

Am I right in saying that there won't be anything that drops Forbidden Pages until a future update? Seems like Hans is going to be stuck at 35 for a while.

If it's the same dailies as the original release, yes, there are some materials that just do not actually exist.

e; Got the new Kiritsugu CE. Sounds like it increases debuff success rate against Casters (35% at base), in addition to invincibility penetration.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jun 29, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

It's a damage boost against casters, which makes it actually worth using

That's what I initially thought, but google translate was saying "extraordinary status" so I was a little bummed. Phew.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

Why are all the best designs wasted on terrible stats/skills

Scheherazade spent all her skill points on Clothes Bursting EX.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Oh so some Servants literally leave the pool during some events? Hmm.

No, some servants are only in the story gacha, unless they are added to a specific rate-up. The story gacha is always available.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Just download it from qooapp or apkpure, like a normal out-of-region person.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I assume Iskander isn't in the game yet anyway?

Young Iskander (Alexander) is in, adult Iskander was added with the Fate/Zero event.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Argas posted:

You have more luck the more quartz you spend.

Luck being directly correlated by how many Black Keys you have.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

symphoniccacophony posted:

Some of the characters do good poses, but NONE as fabulous as Jojo.

Emiya Alter is a JoJo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Edmond Dantes

Someone likes Dantes???

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Edmond is popular as gently caress dude, what are you talking about?

All I saw were people mocking his art style and calling him Edgelord.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lancer Tamamo and two Bonnie Annes in one 10-pull. Back to hording for Summer 2017. :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

That reminds me, do we know if we're ever getting the Lancer Medusa and unidentified Rider from the First Order anime? Or were they just the animation team's random ideas?

Lancer Medusa is an available Servant in the JP version.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kyte posted:

Arjuna? Should show up with Karna... eventually.

Wonder if he'll already have his animation bug fixed.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

I like Lu Bu's.

Especially his dialogue which just shows up as a big unreadable block.

Original Frankenstine was the best yell girl.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Compendium posted:

With each bond point you reach, you get a new line because you're learning more about the Servant and how they react towards the protagonist. Not every Servant is gonna fall in love with you, but you can tell with each new line, they're becoming more loyal to you. And depending on who you have in your immediate party, some Servants will comment on each other. It's fluff, but character fluff interaction is arguably what helped FGO endure it's period when it was a bad game because people love the Servants.

They'll even wish a happy birthday when you set your birth date and log in on your birthday and when there's an event going on, they'll be like, "YO, SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" or some variation of it. They put a lot of effort into that kind of poo poo.

I like Shuten Douji constantly reminding you that she could straight up eat you because she is an Oni, and that she wants to use your skull as a cup.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's really hard to run out of golden apples unless you are deliberately trying to. I still have 200 of them, and 70 silvers.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Wait until you enter the hell known as Meteroic Horseshoes and how they could only be found in a single spot. :shepface:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes. The Interludes menu shows every Servant that has an Interlude, whether or not you have that Servant (the button will be fully colored), and then if you have met the conditions to actually do that Interlude (the button will show AP cost and battle count).

Bakanogami posted:

There are effects through CEs and skills that will increase how many stars go to one servants cards, or increase the damage from crits.

Different classes also have different chances of getting the stars added to their cards.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

This was a nice touch. It was pretty neat they made the xmas glutton servant have buckets of KFC being her ascension materials, considering the weird cultural significance Japan has around Christmas KFC

Saber Alter's thing is also that she is a glutton who only wants to eat junk food, so the fried chicken works both ways. There's a whole skit of her trying all kinds of fancy food and thinking they suck, then getting absolutely stoked after getting a burger.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want horseshoes so I can grail Asterios.

They drop in one, single spot in Okeanos. Good luck getting them when dailies rotate.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nero Fest and Moon viewing were hella grindy, but they were also the first events the game had. Halloween was better and ushered in the layout of future events (on a map, instead of just a quest list), but it brought in absurd stress on the servers.

NRVNQSR posted:

I think new chapters usually come with half a dozen new characters or so.

Yes, new story chapters and the summer events add the most new servants at one time. Okeanos added the least new servants (but still a lot, 4 or 5) out of the story updates, but London added like 5 or 6 and America just went nuts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is there some logic to how many attacks/skills the enemies get every turn? It seems like sometimes they always get 3 regardless of how many are still alive, but other times they don't?

Yes. They get a maximum of 3 actions per turn, split between them.

Servants get up to 3 actions. Shadow Servants get up to 2. Giant or unique bosses get up to 3. Gold icon normal enemies get up to 3. Silver and bronze icon enemies get up to 2, depending on the type of enemy.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

For the JPN 2nd Anniversary, you complete a quest so you get to pick 1 CE out of 47 (mechanically identical) variants. That is a lot of artwork.

A sample. Look at that Herc and ROMA!

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/2nd_fgofes2017/

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

So, does Summer Bonnie Anne's third skill apply a permanent (until killed or dispelled) Guts? I haven't had fights last long enough to see this before, but her skill came off cooldown (6 turns) and the Guts effect is still active. Can anyone else that has her, or access to more info, confirm this? The skill description doesn't have a duration for Guts, but I just expected it to be tied with the attack boost's duration.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kyte posted:

FYI they've collected the high res of the anniversary CEs, if you wanna take a closer look. They are very nice.

http://imgur.com/a/SPWwF

(They're quite detailed, probably because the artwork was also used on merch and those cardboard stands during FGOFes)

I did not notice that Herc has Buster on his shorts. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The 5* gacha gave me Amakusa. :negative:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

cyxx posted:

Or I can just ascend medusa.

It's this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

So Reddit noticed this about Holmes.