Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The stream didn't really have any real news other than saying that Artoria's name in game will be Altria. How the gently caress do you get Altria out of Arthur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Captain Baal posted:

There's no info on who's localizing this game and the Aniplex USA dubs and translations of the anime in general use Artoria so it's really confusing as to why whatever team they slapped together for this game is doing this. I know Altria is the name they throw on figures sometimes and was on the Japanese Extella website which leads me to think it's a bunch of Japanese dudes who have never looked at how Fate fans in the west have been experiencing the series. Like I would almost understand this if it were just Unlimited Codes and extella, but we have anime that Aniplex put money into themselves to bring to the west, so it doesn't make any sense.

It's said in Artoria's profile that her legend originates from both Arthur and Lucius Artorius Castus who is the actual historical basis for Arthur. Arturia is a proper name, but so is Artoria and incorporates both aspects of her origins well. That being said Altria means literally nothing and does not allude to either part, so it begs the loving question of if anyone on the staff speaks English natively.

On the stream they said it was from Type-Moon themselves so I'm going to go with "Not native English speakers." This happens a lot with Bandai series like Gundam too such as changing Puru's name to Ple for no real reason.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Argas posted:

So do we all agree now that Mordred is the best saber now?

Nero exists so no.

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

One of us should probably do a write up for new players on the 10 4 star servants that they can get from the tutorial roll.

From my experience only Seigfried and Stheno are straight up trash though.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

InfinityComplex posted:

Grabbed it from the Type-Moon thread in ADTRW

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147842 Here's the one that Endorph did for the guaranteed tutorial SR.

Thank you for that, although I disagree on Stheno being better than Marie.

Also for those worried that you'll need to reroll until you get a 5 star you don't NEED to. For almost the entire game I got carried by Martha and the free 4 star servants they gave out from events. I started getting 5 star characters pretty late in the game.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's me, I'm the guy aiming for Stheno. Because I am the world's only fan of the two older Gorgon sisters.

Euryale is awesome so I agree with you there. She carried me through Camalot with her anti-male noble phantasm.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Pureauthor posted:

So have there been any indications of the 'big news' yet

I think they said yesterday that they would do another stream either today or Monday.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I might pick Carmella since good assassins are hard to come by. If not her then Hercules since I've never gotten him until recently.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The only servants from Apocrypha that aren't in game are Chiron, Achilles, and Semiramis so it will probably be them. Solomon isn't either but I don't see him coming in for the event.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Honestly most are pretty good, Emiya slots well into any team, and Martha is a good support tank who's valuable in endgame for her debuff removal for example.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I kept rerolling but the game kept giving me Stheno. Then my 10 roll got me Limited/Zero over, Formal Craft and loving Artoria, fine game I'll use Stheno you got me.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Dude Gil will come back another 2 times, don't waste your money this early.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gologle posted:

What the gently caress is umu even supposed to be?

It's supposed to be a verbal tic like "hmm".

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

D'Eon is legit whatever gender you see them as, it's one of their skills.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Sophism posted:

I got everything in the shop except the 5k CE. If I had bothered sticking with the 5 AP throughout the whole thing, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the last shop CE too, but without any CE drops to max limit break it, I saw no point in going that far.

Definitely hoping for an Okeanos announcement, because then I can farm Serpent Jewels to get Orion her third ascension. (Also because I seriously just want some more story.)

That's when Drake becomes available too, right? I remember liking her in Extra, so I wouldn't mind rolling for her if she's any good.

Drake is a crazy good crit machine and is just all around great. Honestly almost all of the 5 star riders are amazing.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I've got 6 hearts, I've got Medea and Orion that use them. What other servants are there that need them?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Jeeeez good thing the only servants i have out of this list are Orion, Medea and Medusa. Now I just need to decide who deserve them more.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I wanted to save up my quartz but the lure of Drake was too strong. Used 120 Quartz and the only things i got was Atalante, Imaginary Around and two Victor of the Moons all in the last multi pull. I have too many archers now between Orion, Atalante and Euryale.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Carmilla is also especially good for the same reason Jack is, most Rider servants are female and their Noble Phantasm does a lot more damage to those.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

RevolverDivider posted:

Squirtoria rules and Chloe is the worst thing in the game.

Man have you SEEN Assassin of the Nightless City? That's a whole new level of bad.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Spoiler for those who are NA players and haven't seen Part 2 yet gently caress no Galahad is a gigantic dick

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I got a Halloween princess from the Emiya party quest of all things, what I really need is Maid in Halloween.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Her death quote gave me PTSD flashbacks to UBW, man that one still stings.

And I rolled so many times with only the CEs, Ibaraki and Chiyome to show for it bah.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Cu has protection from arrows, gate of Babylon is just a lot of bigger arrows :colbert:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

If it makes you guys feel better Billy does a LOT more in the first Lostbelt so look forward to that.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gologle posted:

Now I don't remember some parts of Camelot too well, but I think I remember Agravain class changing to Berserker to gain a physical advantage, and he winds up at the end all bloody and beat to poo poo and basically at death's door, so I imagine he got a sneak attack in while Lancelot was busy beating his rear end.

From what I remember he took the drugs that they were giving to the reinforcement knights to buff them like crazy knowing that they would kill him even if he won. He more or less took Lancelot off guard and still ended up mortally wounded when he dragged himself back to the Lion King, Lancelot would have wasted him otherwise.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

My GSSR pulls, hell yes I wanted both of this.

And after 8 tickets Musashi came home herself!

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 1, 2019

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gologle posted:

Tamamo fans need to get better taste. I recommend playing literally anything other than Fate Extra.

:hai:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Sodium Chloride posted:

Someone on Reddit spotted that Emiya Alter got his skin and lips changed:

Global top, JP bottom

You know I'm normally against changing character art but Pucci Emiya's design is so loving awful that I welcome it.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gologle posted:

Didn't Danganronpa V3 suck? I've never played the games myself because they aren't my style, but I heard a bunch of dissatisfaction. Something about how it retconned the previous games in a way reminiscent of Chrono Cross?

V3 is love it or hate it, I personally didn't like it or the twist at all at the end. It did it's job well though as in it made me sick of Danganronpa and not want another game ever. So that's probably what Nasu was talking about.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Seigfried is good now after a million buffs but Stheno will and always will be total garbage.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Her NP still does no damage, the best it can do is remove buffs and lower defense. There are a bunch of other servants who can do what she does much better, she's situational at best.

edit: What a lovely snipe, Musashi is awesome then!

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I decided to do one 10 roll because of this thread and it got me Gramps somehow, I was positive that the gold assassin card that popped up was going to be Stheno. So uh thanks thread, now I have all the new limited servants somehow.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh Snapple! posted:

What's the best thing about Gramps and why is it the dynamic kill on his NP

The best part was that was it was originally a glitch! :eng101:

They fixed it shortly after but everyone liked it so much that they changed it back.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

True ancestors and vampires do definitely exist in the Fateverse actually, you even get to meet some once we get into part 2. But like what's been said they aren't nearly as strong as they are in Tsukihime.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Plus there's the Extra timeline where magic is gone and there's endless wars, plus everything involved with the moon cell makes sure that timeline is super hosed.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

taser rates posted:

Lostbelts are a phenomenon unique to what's happening in Cosmos in the Lostbelt, you're thinking of pruned timelines which are related but not identical. Timelines get pruned because they're in too stable a state with no more potential for development (note this says nothing about the survival or destruction of humanity).

Yeah like Musashi's timeline is the one that got pruned for some reason. Lostbelts is a totally different dead end sort of thing.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Thor and Tesla is an obvious pair.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I got NP2 Salter, NP4 Carmilla and then got excited when I saw rainbow sparks, annnnd it turned out to be my second Jack. Talk about bittersweet right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Kirisugu just puts a gun and bullets on your pillow while you’re sleeping. :stare: