Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Something I haven't quite figured out from the OP or from previous reading: Where does this game sit on the spectrum from Pokemon "You can beat the game with pretty much any team" to typical Mobage "95% of summons will just die instantly on later content regardless of level or build"?

Also do we know yet what options people outside the US will have for getting this? The guides for getting the Japanese version all seem to be focused on QooApp, which seems like it only provides things from Asian app stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
To clarify, do you just mean that there are specific 3*s that are good enough to beat the game? Or can I take basically any halfway balanced team of 3/4*s to the end if I level them enough?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
To pass the time until the English F/GO release I've started replaying EXTRA, this time on an emulator.

Let me tell you, this game is a lot more tolerable in 1080p with a nice analog stick, no load times, save states and a fast forward button.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

QooApp does supply US installers for some games, which is how e.g. I can have Puzzle & Dragons since it's not available in Australia. Alternatively there's download sites like APKPure.

Does the way you get the game change what you need to do to piss away money on Saint Quartz? Other than the Android/iOS difference obviously.

Actually, that's another question: Can bind codes move accounts between Android and iOS?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
As I understand it we're currently expecting to get:
  • Tutorial 10-pull with a guaranteed random tutorial servant.
  • One extra tutorial servant of our choice
  • 42 extra quartz
  • Welfare Saber Lily and a bunch of other random stuff
So if you're grinding for a specific 5* it sounds like each reroll will give you a bit over 20 pulls? How long would it take to play enough tutorial to get 18 more quartz?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Captain Keene posted:

As for speed rerolling, it will be more time efficient to make the 30 quartz pull and then restart. The tutorial 10 roll is rigged and cannot give you a 5* servant.

Really? You can get multiple 4* Servants from it, though. Does it not just make nine normal rolls then pick a tutorial 4*?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

No. Overcharge effects happen regardless, however they are affected by having multiple NPs chained. Getting NP2 on any given servant allows access to 200% NP gauge and increases both damage and their overcharge effect but you will still need to actually get to 200% NP on that servant in combat to make use of it. Don't try getting duplicates immediately, they're not that important.

I agree that it sounds like a bad choice - unless Hercules is your husbando, I guess - but I thought that some NP effects like Herc's damage just went up automatically with level even if you don't overcharge them?

Captain Keene posted:

5* servants are explicitly excluded from the tutorial draw. Likely to cut down on the rerolling but as if that's ever stopped rerollers.

Ah, okay. Also I guess since it automatically forces you to put the tutorial 4* into your party they don't want a situation where the game's forcing you to pass over an "obviously better" Servant.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Captain Keene posted:

I'm not sure if the tutorial roll explicitly forbids a second 4* or not. However it all depends on who you get for how much of an advantage you will get. A 3* analysis hasn't been posted yet, but there are a TON of good and effective 3* servants available.

You can definitely get a second 4* on the tutorial roll in the JP version; I was playing around with it earlier today to see how it runs on my devices and got an Emiya+Carmilla roll.

edit: In fact looking at it again that tutorial 10-roll had two 4* CEs as well, which seems kind of insane.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 23, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Decus posted:

Don't go for volume compared to going for what you like/would actually enjoy using. If you want 3 specific 4* units over any specific 5* unit though it's about the same probability given the pick so re-rolling for two of them using the tutorial wouldn't be so bad. Exact math for re-rolling the tutorial for a specific pair of 4* and then saving all your quartz is (1-(1-.03/10)^8)*.1 = .24% whereas rolling for a specific 5* using all of your quartz is (1-(1-.01/5)^14) = .28%.

I think you misplaced the decimal point on that second one; I make it 2.8%, not .28%?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Gatcha with IVs is so magnificently evil that I'm surprised more games don't do it.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

There's a tutorial battle that has arash, cu chulainn, and artoria before it goes into the story. Once you're in fuyuki proper, you can roll.

Takes about 10-15 minutes

Potentially plus installation time, depending on how you're rerolling. I clocked that at about 15m when I tried the Japanese version yesterday, but obviously that'll depend on your device and connection.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

ooooooh, does this really work? I'm so down with this.
Yeah, if bind codes work the same way on the English version that'd be a nice time saving.

I'm optimistically looking forward to a few days of people trading bind codes for neat starting rolls in a beautiful utopia.

I'm pessimistically expecting a new system where you need to set up a different Google Payments account for every reroll.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My game starts booting and then immediately backs out and asks me how I want to share the app

I assume and hope this is just how a galaxy S5 deals with apps that aren't out yet

Pretty sure that's the "phone is rooted or developer options are on" behaviour on Samsung devices; I had the same thing on the Note 5 until I turned developer options off, after that it showed an in-game message saying "we're not ready yet".

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
No coloured usernames in the English version, game is ruined.

Which of these starts is more keepable?
  • Hercules/Martha/Limited Zero Over
  • Lancelot/Emiya/Siegfried/Kaleidoscope/Heaven's Feel
I feel like the first set has better synergy but the second one has better coverage?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

So how do you get the free 4* star servant?

gently caress this is so confusing, where's the reroll guide?

1. Start game
2. Follow tutorial, skipping all cut scenes, until you're forced to do a roll for servants.
3. Roll for servants. You can skip a lot of the animations by tapping the screen repeatedly.
4. Play through the next tutorial mission where it lets you use a friend support.
5. Now that you have control, claim ~44 quartz from login bonuses.
6. Do additional Story summon rolls with as many of those quartz as you like; prefer the "roll 10 times" option to the "roll once" option.
7. Get a transfer number in My Room in case you want to come back to this account or give it to someone else.
8. If you want to roll again, uninstall/reinstall the app and go to 1.

There are technically alternatives to uninstalling and reinstalling, but it has to redownload most of the game data either way so you don't save much time.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
How exactly do the bonuses from "Beginning of the Journey" work? Should I have it set on my Party members or my Support members? Or both?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

You can have it set in either, the effect goes through regardless of if the character is on point or not.

So if it's on a support does it also give me bonus FP when someone uses that support, or just the person using it?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Are players not going to get a free 4* on top of the two initial 10-rolls in the tutorial? That's what I thought people had just been saying in this thread, and that that free 4* was not live yet.

Yes, but you'll still get that 4* even if you start now and since it's a servant of your choice it won't affect your reroll decisions.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

So, there will be another chance to roll free stuff during this opening, and after that is when I decide if I want to reroll or not?

You can check my recent posts for a step-by-step, but basically you get a "free" ten roll, then one more tutorial battle, then it dumps a bunch of quartz on you to do more rolls with. After that is the best time to reroll, especially since you can save a transfer code at that point in case you change your mind.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
^^^ I've heard end of July, but I don't have a link handy to confirm that.

delfin posted:

I was ready to try this, but apparently an iPad Mini 2 isn't enough because the app laughed at me and forcequit.

The mini 2 seems to be borderline; when I've tried it it works 90% of the time but sometimes crashes on entering battles or playing NP animations. I suspect it's very memory-hungry?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Rerolling without a specific goal is really miserable though. Whatever you get you always know there could be something just a bit better. Sure, I got 3 SSRs in one 10-roll this time, but they're not the best SSRs.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not certain I understand how AP limits work in terms of how many quests or story segments you are allowed to do in a day. I did a whole bunch last night and didn't seem to notice any limit approaching. But I did notice that on the main Fuyuki page there was a different/separate(?) AP meter under my Master's portrait in the lower left. I'm guessing that number will increment/decrease depending on what I'm throwing into my quests? In other words, if my party setup is 30 AP, that will contribute 30 AP towards my overall limit?

No, party composition is unrelated to AP. AP is just energy; it goes down by a fixed amount when you attempt a mission. If it's below max it goes up by one point every five minutes.

However, when you gain a master level you gain AP equal to your max AP, and that can take you over your max. So in the early game when you're gaining master levels frequently you can basically play continually.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there a list anywhere of the known rate ups, from the JP version I suppose? Since my pull after the rerolls was decent, while I'd like say a Medea I dunno if it'd be worth sitting around and just start hoarding quartz for those rate ups.

Reddit has been pointing people at this list, which I assume is an accurate record of when the JP version got stuff.

edit: Even if they only keep the same approximate event schedule and not exactly the same rate ups Medea should still be in the second event. Which is good because I need her too.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 27, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I've got a Waver account I'll trade for Jeanne or Artoria, I've rolled so many of this dude (I think this is my fourth..?) and didn't know he was chased. First 4 star was Siegfried but I haven't picked the second.

You can have this one, assuming no-one's rude enough to steal it first:

Artoria, Hercules, Tamamo Cat, Marie
ceEAQyAGzR (password:Nero)

I've probably come too far to restart with Waver now, so if you take this then maybe just donate Waver to the thread?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EzEight posted:

In the games current state you can't build an undying Arash team yet as some of the required servants are not available. The Idea is to put guts on him and after his NP where he doesn't die due to guts to rinse and repeat.

Couldn't you do a budget build with Romulus and someone like Hans/Shakespeare? Or is it not actually possible to get Rom's third skill yet?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ledgy posted:

So, at what hour do dailies reset ? Kinda wanna go to bed but I'm sure it's about to switch soonish

It should be showing a countdown on each daily quest. They all say 20min for me - I assume it's the same everywhere.

edit: I'm not sure whether daily bonuses and free rolls refresh at a different time, or if it's just that you need to quit to title or something to force it to check.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 28, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ledgy posted:

Yeah thanks, it said a hour left 2 hours ago but I'm sure this is standard fuckery

The hours are definitely rounded down.

----

edit: How do CEs that boost card effectiveness interact with NPs of that type? Do they just boost damage of damage-dealing NPs, do they do nothing, or do they somehow boost non-damaging NPs as well?

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 28, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

They boost all the card's traits. NP effects aren't magnified, but card effects like gauge/crit stars generated are improved

Okay, but what counts as "card effects" for NP cards? Let's say you have boosted Arts card effectiveness on Medea. Does Rule Breaker deal more damage? Does Rule Breaker increase the NP gauge more?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

It only boosts the effect of the type of card the NP is. This is in turn dependent on hits, so Waver's NP won't gain anything from a +Artes CE (no hits) while Atlanta's NP will generate more gauge and notably more crit stars with a +Quick CE.

Damage is a function of the card, so Rule Breaker will do more damage. It will will recharge the gauge slightly more, but not much since Rule Breaker only hits once.

Okay, I think I get it. So Rule Breaker's "boost NP gauge by 20%" effect will still only be 20%, but the small amount of additional NP gauge gain it gets from the attack hitting will go up? Thanks, that makes sense!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I was going mention at some point that people really need to start actually setting up their support lineup, so many friends' lists are just Mash alone. Though I could have sworn I set it up on day 1, but then had to do it all over again yesterday. Does Support Setup reset every day or something?

No, but it's quite easy to accidentally cancel your changes to the lineup rather than confirming them because the menu flow is weird.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Man those Ascension mat quests are terrible. I can't wait until they update to the japanese ones.

You'd hope it'll be this week, since some of the master quests seem to be impossible to complete right now. Have there been any official comments?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

So to summarize some of this (since I definitely want to start leveling up at least my Jeanne and Herc so that people start using them as supports)...

-Sell 3* XP cards or spare 3* Servants for Mana Prisms for the purpose of getting 4* XP
-Do the 40 AP daily if you are able to, which I guess means doing absolutely nothing else that day unless you have some apples or a high level Master

Personally I'm prioritising buying summon tickets with mana prisms on the grounds that 4* EXP is easy to come by and quartz isn't. But others' mileage may vary.
The 40AP daily gives around 15k master experience, so if you're not a high level Master it'll probably give you a level and you can do it again.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Unless you're leveled already, 1 40 AP run will give you enough exp to level up for some time... I forget when that chain leveling ends though.

On pure numbers it stops breaking even at around level 30, I think? In practice you can keep going a while after that on the accumulated momentum.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Another helpful reminder:

Understand when to use your command spells. The tutorial never really tells you about them but having a full heal or full NP charge available at any time is really useful, and it's much better to burn one command spell at the right time to beat a tough level than to wipe out and have to burn all three for a party ressurect. You regenerate one per day so there's no particular downside to using them when appropriate; I found them really helpful for breaking through the difficulty hump between the 30 and 40AP EXP quests.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Vengarr posted:

What are gems, anyway? Getting a gem from a daily is the only Master Mission I haven't completed yet, I think.

Can you use Summon Tickets for 10-pulls, or are they only for 1-draws?

Gems are materials used to upgrade skills. Looking at the old daily information on wikia it seems like they might drop from tomorrow and Friday's green dailies?

I believe Summon tickets can only do 1-draws.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I assume her max level goes up?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

First, I'd like to keep using Tomamo Cat so which of the following cute and or cool characters should I use along with her? Martha, Medea, Medusa, and Mash. (Why do they all start with M wth) I have saber Lilly and some other assorted people too of course, but nothing really jumps out at me.
This is fairly similar so my starting pull, so I'll offer what little advice I can: I'd say Mash probably works best with TamaCat, at least early on. Your biggest issue is keeping Tamamo alive, and Mash is okay at that. I've also used Martha and Tamacat on the dailies, which does decent damage but doesn't synergise very well; Martha's healing always feels like too little too late, and her Arts help never seems like enough to get Tama's NP online in time.

That said, I think my long-term plan is to try and get Tamamo-no-Mae when she comes out and run something like Tamamo/Martha/Medea.

edit:

MonsieurChoc posted:

If you don't have Waver, use Andersen.
What if you don't have Andersen either? :(

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Can you get the mana prism rewards from dailies every time they appear, or are they like other quests where you can only get the reward once?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Does overflow AP ever max out, or can you just gain loads of master levels at once and end up with ten times your normal maximum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Am I right in saying that there won't be anything that drops Forbidden Pages until a future update? Seems like Hans is going to be stuck at 35 for a while.