Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Don't get baited by the endless Servant releases, post here first so people can tell you what new Servants are worth it and what arn't.

As the difficulty of each singularity increases, for example, single target Servants become more and more useful (for quickly killing bosses).
the servants worth rolling for are the ones you like

that said it's worth looking at the list of servants in the jp version to make sure someone you like more isn't goign to come later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have so many questions about that list

for starters, why is yan qing, the 4*, listed instead of moriarty

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it runs perfectly on my phone. the videos are probably emulators, or they're from very early in the game's life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Can't wait to reroll for Heracles and get 12 camillas in a row instead.
camilla is cool and good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

I've got Raikou with a max LB Student Council CE (15% Arts and Buster), but is there something better? I don't have the event damage CEs.
Raikou wants:

Starting NP
Buster Up
NP Damage Up
Crit Damage Up

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Participation_of_the_King
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/First_Sunrise
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/The_Three_Great_Heroes
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Night_Dinner
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Victor_From_the_Moon

One of these if you have them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can beat all the content in the game, including the specific challenge quests, with only 3* and below servants, people have done it. Not to mention you can use servants from your friends list, meaning you'll always have access to a bunch of 5*s if you just add people on reddit or whatever. If you don't feel like raising every 3* in the game so you can do specific gimmicks as the bosses demand, you can just raise a bunch of budget support servants (Hans, George, Leonidas, Shielder, Asterios) and play 'support the guy with 5* damage' and that's enough to carry you through everything in the game. The game also has a lot of events that give out free 4*s specific to the event, and a lot of them are actually very good and better than a lot of the non-welfare 4*s.

To give an example of this game being balanced such that 3*s can reliably clear content, the hardest chapter in the game's story is generally considered to be Camelot. The best servant for a lot of its hardest boss fights is Euryale, a 3*. This is because she has skills that both lockdown and damage male servants, and a lot of the chapter's hardest bosses are male sabers that she counters. The 5* anti-male archer, Orion, outdamages Euryale by a lot but does not have the utility and lockdown that Euryale brings to the table, so she's actually outclassed in those boss fights by Euryale, or at least isn't as essential as Euryale is. Orion might do more damage, but Euryale makes it so you can actually survive the fights.

5*s have stats and numbers that 3*s can't compete with, but 3*s and below have utility that is almost unique to them.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 17, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think we all should choose a low-Star servant to use through the game.

the one you want to choose is hans. he makes every major boss fight in the game, all the way up to the most recent events, so much easier. though he's pretty much worthless at clearing random trash fights, but then those fights are impossible to lose anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

To clarify, do you just mean that there are specific 3*s that are good enough to beat the game? Or can I take basically any halfway balanced team of 3/4*s to the end if I level them enough?
There are specific 3*s that are good for specific fights, and there are 1-3*s that are better than others. Geronimo, for instance, is essentially worthless and he's a 3*, while Cu Chulainn is better than almost every 4* Lancer in the game and he's a 3*. That said, if you really like someone that's pretty bad, you can still generally use them for random mob fights where their class fits since those are easy, or find some dumb gimmick that works for a couple of the major boss fights involving them. Like Baal linked in his analysis of the 1*s, someone had Kojiro solo the final boss because Kojiro is their favorite servant, even though Kojiro is pretty mediocre and stuck with 1* stats.

Keep in mind that there's maybe ~30ish fights in the main story, tops, that are actually difficult enough to justify extensive teambuilding. The rest is, yeah, stuff that any halfway appropriate team of 3/4*s can beat. And it'll be months before any of the remotely difficult content is added.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 17, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

how to get tohsaka. will also accept mordred
mordred and ishtar aren't in the game at launch, sorry. they're added with london and babylonia respectively.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

How much money will I have to spend to get Gilgamesh
kid gilgamesh from hollow ataraxia is a 3* that's easy to get. will you be satisfied with that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they'll probably come up with something. maybe the date of the first rate-up or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they also said that the game wouldn't have any character designs altered or changed in localization, which naturally means there's 70 posts on the subreddit jacking off about a victory over the imaginary SJWs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Decus posted:

Cntrl+F for skeleton only brings up somebody with a Jack avatar arguing that she shouldn't be censored--gee, I wonder why--and one other guy who seems kind of like a dick anyway. So, uh, 2 posts on the subreddit jacking off about a victory over the imaginary skeletons compared to 1 post on SA jacking off about a victory over the imaginary skeleton-hating subreddit jacking off about a victory over the imaginary skeletons?
you caught me. the truth is im just as bad as them, clearly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i grailed geronimo, that isnt a comfort at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i rated stheno higher because stheno at least has camelot, while marie has basically no scenarios where she shines outside of being a 4* body in the rider class (and all she really has over Medusa is being harder to kill)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

summonable servants at launch:

1*
Arash (Archer)
Mozart (Caster)
Kojirou (Assassin)
Mata Hari (Assassin)
Spartacus (Berserker)
Asterios (Berserker)

2*
Benkei (Lancer)
Leonidas (Lancer)
St. George (Rider)
Blackbeard (Rider)
Hans Christian Andersen (Caster)
Shakespeare (Caster)
Cursed Arm Hassan (Assaassin)
Charles-Henri Sanson (Assassin)
Caligula (Berserker)
Eric Bloodaxe (Berserker)

3*
Caesar (Saber)
Gilles de Rais (Saber)
Robin Hood (Archer)
Euryale (Archer)
Cu Chulainn (Lancer)
Cu Chulainn [Prototype] (Lancer)
Romulus (Lancer)
Medusa (Rider)
Boudica (Rider) **
Ushiwakamaru (Rider)
Alexander (Rider)
Medea (Caster)
Gilles de Rais (Caster) *
Mephistopheles (Caster)
Cu Chulainn (Caster) **
Jing Ke (Assassin)
Lu Bu (Berserker)
Darius III (Berserker)
Kiyohime (Berserker) **

4*
Artoria [Alter] (Saber) *
Nero (Saber) *
Siegfried (Saber)
D'Eon (Saber)
Emiya (Archer)
Atalanta (Archer)
Elizabeth (Lancer)
Marie (Rider)
St. Martha (Rider)
Stheno (Assassin)
Carmilla (Assassin)
Heracles (Berserker)
Lancelot (Berserker)
Tamamo Cat (Berserker)

5*
Artoria (Saber)
Atilla (Saber)
Zhuge Liang (Caster)
Vlad III (Berserker)
Jeanne d'Arc (Ruler)

Servants that are in the code at launch but only available during limited events:
Gilgamesh (Archer)
Kitnoki (Berserker)
Artoria Lily (Saber)

Servants with * only become part of the story summon pool after beating specific chapters of the story.
Servants with ** are given to you when you beat a specific chapter of the story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh dont worry you'll definitely get mozart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also you get her for free if you start the game at launch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lily isn't 'worse than most 3*'. she isn't great but she has a decent buster np and her attack stat isn't any worse than the 3* sabers. she's probably worse than caesar just because caesar brings something unique to the table but she's better than the rest of the 3* sabers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inverse posted:

as a person who has and used lily on the jp version im letting you know, she is one of the worst, cute though.
oh, really, i havent played the jp version, thanks for letting me know

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://m.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/photos/a.956270927862274.1073741828.942195675936466/992844374204929/?type=3&source=57

yeah, confirmed it's a free pick on top of your free tutorial roll.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So people have come to the consensus that the pool of 10 units you get can be chosen from instead of just rolled randomly. If this is the case I'm grabbing Hurk.
You roll one of the ten randomly as part of the game's tutorial, and then as part of the launch promotion they're letting you pick one of the 10. So you get two of the ten.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So would it be better to try and roll a second Heracles to have a +1 np on him?
No. Not at all. It's a very slight damage bump, it's more something to make extra copies not completely useless/give lower rarity servants some kind of advantage over higher rarity servants than it is an essential mechanic for strengthening your characters.

NP1 Hercules at level 80 does about 45k base with his NP, before any attack buffs. NP2 Hercules does about 56k with his NP. Endgame bosses have somewhere in the 600k-1.5mil range.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's not like there's any pvp or competitive content like there is in granblue, and every event and all the story modes are beatable with just 3*s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

And given how many heavy hitters in this game are, naturally, women...
It is actually interesting to note how almost all of the best support servants in the game are guys. Hans, Zhuge, Merlin...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game's files have also had a listing for saber astolfo since launch so either that'll be in the summer event or that'll be in the apocrypha event

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know anything about Fate. Like the only thing I played was a little bit of Fate Extra. How accessible is it?

Is the english version even out yet?
Fairly accessible. Most of the characters the other parts of the franchise don't get much focus in the story because they've already had stories told about them, but since the game's based on historical/mythological figures you don't need to know the broad details of Kojirou's role in Fate/Stay Night to get that he was the guy that got owned by Miyamoto Musashi with a boat oar. And the story isn't really connected to the other Fate stuff. If you can remember the basic premise of Fate/Extra (wizards summon historical/mythological figures to fight over the holy grail) and take out all the computer stuff, you've got it. The characters who are wholly original to the Fate series won't make much sense (The Emiyas, Illyasviel, The cast of the CCC event) but there's like 10 of those total and half of them won't get added for two years, and characters like that only ever get focus in events, not in the main story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

big titties are cool and badass

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Maybe.

But the real question is when can I get a five star Astolfo?
when you pump two grails into astolfo after rolling them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Roll Waver and the rest of your team literally doesn't matter. Waver-Mashu results at level 10 being able to almost always having their defence buffs up; so you can slot in almost anyone else to get through content.
you, uh, probably want an offensive character to go with those two, unless you love taking 6 hours to kill a trash mob

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

I think Berserkers are overrated and Heracles is inferior to Tamacat.
hercules: useful against the lategame bosses that are actually challenging
tamacat: not that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but this game isnt hard so feel free to use him anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he also won't be in the game until, uh, london i think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game is beatable with ungrailed 3*s. grail for love.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i grailed geronimo twice because it was funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a guy on my friendslist with a level 100 phantom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i grailed vlad too

extra vlad :twisted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

granblue is way more generous if you just want SSRs in general, but if you want a specific one you pretty much have to spark for them.

not to mention weapons/summons makes individual ssrs way less valuable

Haroshia posted:

Should have specified. Are any English Launch 5*s total poo poo? I plan to reroll until I get any of them.
arturia and atilla are both kinda eh but they have 5* stats and aoe nps, plus sabers are hard to come by so they're fine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I knew Cu was good but not that good O_O I never used him after getting Bride/Zhuge/?? on JPN. What's a good side for him?
Do you mean CE? "Cause if so, Volumm Mercury (the Kayneth CE) makes him even more survivable, imaginary around (the ce of sakura in japanese clothing) increases his stargen and makes his np do more damage, and Young Maiden Ignorant of Love (the sola-ui in a dress CE) makes him able to pop his NP more and also increases his np damage and stargen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly the tl's a bit better than i expected it to be, just because it's mostly full of typos and grammatical fuckups, as opposed to being literal objective nonsense