Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they aren't crafting essences, they're craft essences. they're equipment. click on them to see their effects.

and here's a team that can last you the new few months: hans/shielder/asterios. wait those are all bronzes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Does bronzes mean I can get them automatically? If so I guess I'll just not worry and play the game then!!!
it means you can get them from the friend points gacha, that you get a 10-roll for daily and get a ridiculous amount of fp for.

this game can be beaten with only 3*s, even when it gets hard, and it will not get hard for at least nine months.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep them if you like them, reroll if you don't. see what i said in the post above yours.

they said something about picking a free 4* of your choice but are now scrambling and going 'uhhh we'll explain later!!' so who knows

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FallenGod posted:

Do Quartz / Friend Points get spent on anything other than summons? These starting gifts have given me enough of them for a few more 10x summons but I don't want to screw up and waste them.
you can use quartz for revives and to fill up your ap, but this is a total waste and should never be done. fps are purely for the gacha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

Is it me or they are using some old animations and sprites...
yeah, cu/medea/medusa don't have their animation updates in. salter doesn't either i think.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

I got a 5* CE called Kaleidoscope, is this particularly worth keeping?

kaleidoscope is better than every 5* servant in the game at launch except waver

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

1) it's pretty much 100% rng. there's no 'if you've made bad rolls the gacha gets more generous,' it's just rolling over and over for a 1% chance.

2) there's a few lines/scenes that have variation based on gender but there's nothing major, and there's no gameplay differences or any servants who have effects that vary based on your gender.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

want to grab this as soon as I figure out how to enter codes

launch the app and tap 'data transfer'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

Vlad, Marie, 2 Projection Magecraft
t9bP3G1bGV == 1234
grabbed this btw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just an fyi, servant battle dialogue actually is translated. go to the servant page and tab over to their voice clips and a box will pop up with a translation for their lines

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

deathbot posted:

Got Alter and Kaleidoscope out of the freebie quartz roll, this account is officially out of luck now?
alter is the best servant currently in the game except for waver, so actually koth is wrong and that's insanely good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tamacat doesn't make great use of limited/zero over because her NP is quick, not buster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only good part of gudao is the bit in shinjuku where he crossdresses

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Working off of the available 1-4* ratings in the OP, and the list Endorph posted earlier, is there a rundown on these fellows since AFAIK they are also going to show up in these tutorial rerolls?

Medusa (Rider)
Boudica (Rider) **
Ushiwakamaru (Rider)
Alexander (Rider)
Medea (Caster)
Gilles de Rais (Caster) *
Mephistopheles (Caster)
Cu Chulainn (Caster) **
Jing Ke (Assassin)
Lu Bu (Berserker)
Darius III (Berserker)
Kiyohime (Berserker) **

Artoria [Alter] (Saber) *
Nero (Saber) *
Atalanta (Archer)
Lancelot (Berserker)

I assume it's not worth worrying about the **, since according to the Endorph post those are automatically given to you.

Medusa: decent aoe rider, has a stun but otherwise nothing special. 6.5/10
Boudica: She's very survivable and her NP is a very strong defense boost but she's kind of invalidated by Shielder existing and being free. 5.5/10
Ushiwakamaru: She has an insanely strong single target NP for a 3*, and tengu tactics is a decent buff, but she's very stock outside of that. 7.5/10
Alexander: Decent AOE rider, has a quick boost but otherwise nothing special 6.5/10
Medea: Has a single target NP and the gimmick of using it over and over and over again. The NP's barely stronger than a normal attack but she's still the best freebie caster for killing assassin bosses. 8/10
Gilles (Caster): sucks. his skills are all mostly worthless, his NP does no damage. 2/10
Cu (Caster): He has Cu's protection from arrows but he otherwise does no damage. 4/10
Jing Ke: Strictly inferior to Kojirou and Cursed Arm Hassan. 4/10
Lu Bu: He's good. He has a single target NP and is a berserker so he does a good amount of damage. Just think of him as ghetto Hercules. 7/10
Darius: Meh. He's a berserker with an AOE NP so hes' good for waveclear but I mostly prefer... 6/10
Kiyohime: She's great at waveclear - has a targeted defense debuff, a buster buff, a strong aoe NP, and surprisingly high NP gain so she can use it more often than other aoe Berserkers. Main issue is that her normal attacks aren't as strong as other berserkers. 8/10

Artoria Alter: Probably the second best servant in the game at launch. She does extremely high damage and has a decent skillset, minus instinct. 9/10
Nero: She's okay. Thrice-setting sun and two-self heals makes her very survivable but her self-buff having a failure chance sucks. Her NP does decent damage though. She's almost like a 4* saber version of Cu but sadly her NP doesn't have an-insta kill chance and she doesn't have a dodge. 7/10
Atalanta: Mediocre. She has an aoe quick buff, which is strong, but she lacks anything else that makes her standout. 5.5/10
Lancelot (Berserker): Very good, but he needs a team that can generate crit stars, since all his skills are built around using them and he barely generates them himself outside of his NP. 8/10

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 26, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe this tl is actually good after all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Did they use Google Translate for the translation? My first guess is that they did, but then i remembered that Google Translate usually doesn't make typos

the tl isn't *that* bad. I mean it has a lot of issues but there are places where it's good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh no, a typo!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

A lot of Servants don't seem to have their voices come across naturally. But then again I'm speaking from the view someone who has literally only seen their summoning introduction dialogue so far.
Yeah, this is the bigger problem. Though to be fair the battle dialogue is translated decently/gets across their voices okay, minus typos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

As a tip for new players, the game tells you that you can tap onto an enemy to target that one instead. If you're having trouble with this, you can tap the ui element that has the enemy's hp and np charge to select a target instead. It will also highlight what you have targeted on the ui as well.

you can also switch targets even after hitting attack

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So after a few rerolls I got what might be my first good set even if it doesn't have a 5* servant. It has Emiya, Robin Hood, Martha, Kaleidoscope and Heavens Feel. Im keeping the code, dont know if I should keep using it or hope for a better one still
the top 3 best things in the game, even in the jp version, are waver, merlin, and kaleidoscopes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

should I level up the shielder? It's not going to be a waste or anything like that, right?
mash is average now but she gets upgrades as the story progresses and is insanely good by the chapters that are actually hard. and since she ascends automatically she's the exact opposite of a waste, you'll never blowing any mats on her or anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

A game with good QoL would allow you to skip the entire sequence, straight to the "here's all you pulled" screen

Even setting aside the localization this game feels pretty janky in a lot of ways (kinda ugly spritework, a loading screen with choppy fps on a device that was new when the game first came out in japan, a menu structure that can best be described as "byzantine")

Fortunately it's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to a Nasuplot that isn't as bad as Extella.
if you think this game's menu screens are 'byzantine' i'd love to see you try playing granblue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

None of them. You will run low on everything, by design.
you'll probably wind up with a lot of bones but, yeah.

just use them to upgrade the servants you want to use

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

So what are tips for actually playing through?
at this stage of the game? pick berserkers/classes that are strong against the enemies in the chapter, then

Inverse posted:

windmill slam busters till the enemy is dead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

I got like 4 of the ECs that boost NP by 60% to start. I know it's only a 4* but I assume they're still real good?

yeah, they're pretty dang good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

altera/liz/herc account:

ID: 4sHYV5rs89
PW: liznherc

edit: taken

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 26, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Grabbed this thanks.
thanks i could help bro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I tried doing the second level of daily quests, got annihilated immediately. Quite a power jump from the 1st level.

I'm assuming I"m gaining exp for a level or something after battles? I didn't notice until like a dozen battles in because the star meter fills so small.

the star meter is bond exp, not levels. the items that drop from the battles are the things you feed to servants to give them levels.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I tried doing the second level of daily quests, got annihilated immediately. Quite a power jump from the 1st level.

I'm assuming I"m gaining exp for a level or something after battles? I didn't notice until like a dozen battles in because the star meter fills so small.

the star meter is bond exp, not levels. the items that drop from the battles are the things you feed to servants to give them levels.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delfin posted:

I cleared the Prologue on my Android tablet, only to be confronted by my favorite henchman of this decade. Just look at him.

gilles is great. the greatest cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there any reason to not just use up Friendship Points all at once, I would imagine that there wouldn't be a whole lot of rate ups in that summoning pool worth saving them for.

there are zero rate-ups in that summoning pool. sometimes new stuff gets added but there's never any fp events.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the reason they won't do a f/ha anime is the twist only works in the vn format

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

The impression I'm getting from skimming the thread is that while there are certainly some Servants that are way stronger than others, the game's chill enough that I can just fill up a squad with whichever anime girls make my heart sing the most. Is that accurate

yes. and also there are some common servants that are part of the 'way stronger' category

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's literally just luck. there's no trick. a flat 10 roll has a higher chance of getting a 5*. it's just luck.

Jenny Angel posted:

Is she extremely bitchy and unsympathetic because that's 100% my type when it comes to anime girls
you want stheno

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

don't use servants for exp, they give barely any and are way too valuable to toss

and don't burn 4*s at this stage of the game. even if you have no plans to use them there might be an event where they're given a boost later down the line and then you'll be glad to have them around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Has there been any word on when this will be releasing to the rest of the English speaking world? :australia:

probably never. get qooapp or make a us itunes account

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The man called M posted:

What is the best way to get EXP items?

the exp dailies

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

So...how exactly do you make Arash Archer really good? Is he supposed to be combined with Medea or something to instant boost his NP gauge?
he's only useful for his np. you need a starting NP CE, his third skill that gives h im a decent amount of NP, servants that can boost his NP gauge via skills, and the mystic code that gives you a skill to boost his np gauge. then he pops his np and dies. that's all he's good for.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Okay next question, what makes Medea caster good? She's got a NP boosting special but that has a 9 cooldown unless I'm missing something.
Her NP gain is insanely high so she can do NP > Arts > Arts and have a 70% full np gauge right after using her NP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Is that her default kit? I got a gain 15% NP card.
uh, yeah. np gain is just an inherent part of the character.