Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Excuse me, Okita is clearly the best Saber. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

This game is very supportive of waifu teams

My JP current team, for reference

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

You can run it as many times as you want, you just won't get the mana prism reward again until it refreshes the next day.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nyaa posted:

I don't think the artist is capable of drawing any face beside saberface with his obsession.

The whole idea behind Sakura Saber is that Takeuchi was supposed to introduce a new Servant but instead drew another version of Saber.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Level up Marie some. She's a Rider and will take less damage and do more damage to Carmilla, an Assassin.

Got it backwards, you want a Caster. Riders are weak to Assassins.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

For y'all going through Orleans: they called Kojirou the Savior of France for a reason

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Suzuka Gozen, who was introduced with the CCC event, is now one of my favorite waifus. She's basically the Japanese equivalent of a valley girl and even sounds the part.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Shuten have the best waifu voice. :discourse:

Drunken Kansai Aoi Yuuki is best Aoi Yuuki.

Okita (the other Aoi Yuuki) is also aces. I love how she goes from super serious in battle to total goof out of combat.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Gologle posted:

How Jojo does this game get in later chapters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7JfPvVQfTE

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

From testing today, Suzuka Gozen actually crits pretty drat hard if you manage to stack all your buffs right. Still doesn't really beat out Jeanne Alter, but eh, who does?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Spoilers for future servants:

https://youtu.be/hMkHs3J_iiI

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

????? I can't think of a single Alter servant that was released before the original

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Whoops, y'all are right

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Jack Van Burace posted:

Well, I rerolled for a while once we got the convention 20 star quartz and now I'm kind of at an impasse. I barely know anything about the Fate series beyond how goofy and neat Unlimited Blade Works chant and look are, so my first account I kept once I got Emiya. It's now got Emiya, Tamamo, a Heaven's Feel CE and Kaleidoscope. Problem is my second account has Waver on it. I have Martha as well on that account and just drew a Kaleidoscope after I hit a 30 draw on it with grinded out star quartz. Both accounts have Robin Hood and Actual Cu Chulainn (not proto) too. I'm just not sure which one to keep... I think Waver is the better one, but I'm not sure. Or maybe I should just reroll for a better Waver account?

Basically I'm just not sure what to do. Emiya's UBW is the only thing I know from this whole series so I like him a lot, but I can tell Waver is amazing even now with barely any experience in this game. What do y'all think? Reroll for Waver+Emiya (which could take ages) or keep one of these?

IMO stick with Waver. Emiya is much easier to pick up eventually just through rolling for whatever waifu piques your interest down the road.

EDIT: oh yeah, the free 4* pick is a thing too.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Pierson posted:

yeah but did he get the drop

Question about Evade skills: The skill saying 'Times' rather than 'Turn' means (like for Caster Cu Chulainn) it'll only evade individual strikes, right? So an enemy that has a multi-hit attack can burn through the whole thing in like one Quick card animation?

It's actions, rather than attacks. A multi hit attack will still only count as a single action for the purposes of the dodge.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

there's nothing to get, he's just wrong. feed all your stuff at level 1

edit: I did not know about the mechanic in the post below, interesting. not worth the time though

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 6, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

I wish simple messages could be set that friends saw, like instructing them how to set supports.

try button
but hole

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Darke GBF posted:

I don't know anything about this except that apparently the bottom right is the best Saber??

Best in strength and best in cuteness!! 沖田さん大勝利!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Motto posted:

And all the welfares are free, with event exchanges just being for boosting NP level? That's even better than I expected.

You have to do event stuff for the ascension items as well, which is more or less of a pain depending on the event. For example, BB from the CCC event requires ascension mats that were guaranteed drops from a set of dungeons after the "completion" of the event that I didn't have enough time to do in the end.

Welfare servant ascension mats are always a single special item per ascension, except for Saber Lily because she was the launch freebie.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

You can only obtain grails from clearing singularities and events.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Sophism posted:

I'm actually not 100% sure that will be the case. It seems like the reason JP players are swimming in apples is that they were a very common apology gift sent out in the early months of the game, and the NA version hasn't had anywhere near as many issues as the original so far.

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure the main reason I'm swimming in apples is that event quests hand them out like candy

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I just finished grinding through the boar challenge with a stall team of Mash, Nightingale, and friend Merlin. Between Mash's defense ups and Nightingale and Merlin's NP heals, I could tank indefinitely.

Cleared it on like turn 170, after letting my front line die on purpose so my backline of heavy hitters could finish off the last two boars, just for style.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Only the first one drops the ce ticket, and it's a simple battle vs two beefy wyverns and ruler version JAlter. I didn't find it painful at all.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Blew my last ten-roll

Very last card

It's a Servant

GOLD ORBS

IT'S A loving SABER

it's Chevalier de loving Eon

I actually would have preferred Sumanai

Never, ever spend money on this stupid game.

Chevalier is about to get buffed on JP so maybe hold on to them

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Grailed level stat growth is linear, previous stat curve is irrelevant. Herc would get the same amount of stats from grailing him up as any other 4*.

And yeah, lvl 80-90 is overkill for most things until way down the line in Camelot, so you might as well save your grails for those servants you love.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I run her as the third member of my Mash/support Merlin or Waver tank teams, she works super well in that context.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Is Okita played straight or like the goofy Carnival Phantasm like character she is in YouTube clips?

The latter. She's super serious in battle and reverts to goof as soon as the battle ends.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

EzEight posted:

If I'm farming mana prisms should I do 40 or 30ap.

Also which Waifu team is winng the race in JP? How big of a lead do they have?

Chill, the event hasn't even started yet

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Dumb question: why do people keep referring to Sigfried as "Sumanai"?

It means "Sorry", and he says it a lot, yeah.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

This is a basic, dumb question, but when / where can you apply those Fou cards to upgrade a character's numbers? I haven't been able to find when / where you can do that, and the internet is no help that I can find.

Feed them to a servant like you would exp.

Be aware that fous with a class can only be fed to servants of that class.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 12, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

There will be beefy enemies that aren't servants you can pull out the instant death gimmicks for in the future.

In fact there's an event practically designed around giving you that chance.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Welcome to the Saberface Club, fools

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ratoslov posted:

That is a lot of money and effort.

I've only whaled a single pack of $40, on the anniversary guaranteed 5* a couple weeks ago (got Brynhildr).

Everything you see there is just farming effort and amazing goddamn luck.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Argas posted:

She was killed by a piece of cheese.

Yes, this is the actual legend. One of her enemies assassinated her by slinging a chunk of hard cheese at her head.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

how many of those characters are you actually ever going to use.

answer honestly.

I'm not him but every one of my 15 servants that I have at max level I've used in some capacity or another. I prioritize leveling the ones I feel like using though.

I have 45 gold servants, 12 of which are 5*. My leveling hell has only just begun :negative:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

even in jp fgo f/sn cu is probably in the top 5 lancers in the game. dude's just crazy good

New addition swimsuit Lancer Raikou is also up there and she's a 4*

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nick Biped posted:

It was kind of a cool effect when I got her. It initially showed up as yet another silver Saber card, then suddenly piece-by-piece turned into a gold card. I don't know if any other ones do that.

That's just an animation that can happen any time you roll a gold.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

That pun is a lie, he actually says he's counting on you

then again his first sentence actually does end with sumanai

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 6, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

whoops, wrong thread

in retroapect I could have parlayed it into commentary on the relationship between Gilles and Jeanne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Caesar is good for a 3* Saber, but anybody is better than Saber Gilles.

Gorgon or Medusa Lily are the only correct choices. Gorgon moreso, because she is story-locked and one of the 3 non-limited Avengers.

Collect all the snakes and field a team of the entire family.

I have the whole snek family. They're not leveled though. Currently working on Euryale.