Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is this game friendly to emulator rerolling or am I gonna have to do it the slow way on my phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Since shadowverse has used up all my gacha luck for the next lifetime, I assume I will roll at least 5 other people's desires before rolling my own, and will happily give them all away

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If rerolling the guaranteed 4* doesn't require doing all the bullshit then the smart strategy is probably to only reroll that one, but be more stringent in what you'll accept

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nyaa posted:

The 4* for that is only limited to a pool of few chosen servants, but they are pretty/very good.

The other 9 pulls use the normal pull odds, right? Or is it literally just a single 4*, with nothing else to go alongside it?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna get baited by my favorites and there's nothing you can say to stop me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Looking forward to every line being "bone of my sword" tier "well I guess I can see what they were trying to say, if I squint"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean the term "Noble Phantasm" is basically just a nonsensical port of english words Nasu thought sounded cool so I guess a few more won't hurt

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Jack is a terrible design who should be changed anyways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MonsieurChoc posted:

And Asterios is obviously best Berserker, no one can contest this.

One of the berserkers is Tamamo and even if it's not the best Tamamo that still makes her the best berserker

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have not played this game so I can't comment on function

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
well if I can get tamamo for free I will probably just reroll the random 4* until I get someone who isn't garbage (which will probably happen first try from what people have been saying), then save quartz for real tamamo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What do you do with duplicates in this game? Can you deploy both? Should you, ever? Do you use the dupe to power up the original, or do you mulch it for a resource?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do you get a noticeable leg up if you reroll for a second 4* in the tutorial roll?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
24 I think

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't believe that in just eleven hours I'll be hoarding quartz

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

You don't find Tamamo in heaven

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FEH has a 6% rate on 5*s with a pity increase if you miss it, and the ability to pick the color you want to manipulate the odds

There's something to be said that 3* and 4* rolls are less useful in that game than in this one but unless I'm fundamentally misunderstanding the system FEH is significantly more generous with its highest rarity before you even factor in promotions

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My game starts booting and then immediately backs out and asks me how I want to share the app

I assume and hope this is just how a galaxy S5 deals with apps that aren't out yet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I turned dev options off (they must be on by default) and now I'm getting the correct error message, thanks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I assume Stheno, Robin Hood, and 8x crafting essences (which I assume are different in some way that I don't understand, given I don't know what they even do) is a wild reroll?

My goal out of rerolling is to have a team that can last through the next few months without doing any quartz rolls, so I can hoard for the character I actually want.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

they aren't crafting essences, they're craft essences. they're equipment. click on them to see their effects.

and here's a team that can last you the new few months: hans/shielder/asterios. wait those are all bronzes

Does bronzes mean I can get them automatically? If so I guess I'll just not worry and play the game then!!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If the free 4* is kinda up in the air I will reroll for Catmamo, since I was relying on picking her for free

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InfinityComplex posted:

Sieg, Tamamo Cat, Emiya
74yvV4qFQW == 1234

want to grab this as soon as I figure out how to enter codes

e: figured it out and entered, thanks!

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 26, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

Did they literally go out of their way to change the little indicator that a servant will do extra damage from saying "Weak" (in English) to "Effective"? Are they just going for pokemon comparisons?

the quality of the translation can't be helped

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InfinityComplex posted:

Try tapping the screen?

A game with good QoL would allow you to skip the entire sequence, straight to the "here's all you pulled" screen

Even setting aside the localization this game feels pretty janky in a lot of ways (kinda ugly spritework, a loading screen with choppy fps on a device that was new when the game first came out in japan, a menu structure that can best be described as "byzantine")

Fortunately it's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to a Nasuplot that isn't as bad as Extella.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

if you think this game's menu screens are 'byzantine' i'd love to see you try playing granblue.

I play shadowverse by the same company and those menus are moderately byzantine so I'd imagine a more complex cygames game is pretty bad, yeah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Which of the 50 million different types of upgrade items (if any) are plentiful enough I can just sorta use them without worrying about it? I assume that the exp-granting items are either plentiful enough or easy enough to grind that I can just dump them all into the people I'm using without worrying about it, but confirmation would be nice.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

just use them to upgrade the servants you want to use

advice taken, I now have a level 26 cat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KoldPT posted:

When do you get the selector for the 4* character? Did they end up not putting that in?

The official word on it is "coming soon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As a Fire Emblem fan, it is seriously hosed up that sabers beat lancers