Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can have it set in either, the effect goes through regardless of if the character is on point or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

By the way, are we using this thread for the JP and ENG versions of FGO, or are we using the TM thread for the JP version and this for the ENG one?

I'm gonna make the judgment call to say both are fine, but chill out with any particularly relevant spoilers to English players. Like I don't expect people to not talk about Agartha in a few days and the Agartha stream just because it's mostly EN.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stagger_Lee posted:

My assumption for spending ap is to do the weekly quests for daily dungeons, do whatever story stuff I can do, and if I hit a point where there's nothing I can do I go back to the dailies? Does that seem right? Just finished up France, but a couple of the later bosses weren't trivial. Running Shield, Tamato Cat, Cu Chulaun, and then I'm not sure. Saber Lilly and Mephistophe for now. All are approaching 20 but I've used up the booster resources.

P much yeah. Events will be a thing at some point too, but the first event doesn't drop until the game is out for like a month so a lot of your time is gonna be story, free quests, and dailies.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I'm assuming buffs don't stack?

Buffs absolutely stack

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

Is there a gameplay reason to hold out for a non-waifu/husbando character? It seems like with the way the support system works you could just friend someone with Waver/Jeanne if you really needed them for an event, no?

Yes, there's no real reason to not hold out for your waifus and husbandos unless you just want your own broken servants since you can only have one support servant on your team.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

can I have a team of only cuculains

Yes but fair warning two of those Cus are gonna be women and one is going to be a dinosaur

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TIME FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF SILVER SERVANTS THIS TIME WITH REALLY lovely CASTER CLASS 3*

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Herc and Martha are good, keep it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saber Wars happened at the end of January and since there's a new Star Wars movie this year we might get a new one in January 2018 while the first one runs in US FGO

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If that's the daily you can do for exp then yeah do it. I'd honestly recommend trying to get a support Herc and using him to carry you through 20 and 30 AP exp quests since you not only get better exp cards but the master exp you get will be enough to keep leveling up your master level for a bit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's used for literally anything involving servant levelling including skills, exp, ascensions, and so on.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's already there yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

KoldPT posted:

Man, Siegfried is really bad. He can't even pull his weight around in Orleans fighting Wyverns - i'd rather just pack another assassin.

Is Saber Lily any better? Should I just go with a 3-star saber instead?

They are both pretty mediocre, if you want a saber that does stuff then Caesar and Alter Artoria are your best bets. That being said they're not gonna help with wyverns, you should just be using assassins for that in general or zerkers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is for JP players, the stream for Agartha is going up in 30 minutes if you wanna see the new servants and a CM and what other crap we're getting to do for the next month before 2nd Anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFbvKC3qMDc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

The Apocrypha tie-in is literally a single CE?

Ha... hahaha

Idk why anyone expected more when Extella was the same thing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aniplex has gone ghost on communication with the except. A little excerpt in the news page that says they are aware of the problems and are fixing them.

By which I'm pretty sure they mean spelling and grammatical errors.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ascend when you can yeah. It'll matter more later but you could use the skills and higher stats asap.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

I assume her max level goes up?

Yes

Tired Moritz posted:

does that mean anything

She gains a new NP and her level cap is now 80 meaning more stat boosts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm writing an FAQ in the second post right now, I hope to have it done and the last four 3* servants by tonight

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You get the reward once, but dailies reset every day so you can just do it again the next day and get more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FAQ is up in second post, remind me if I need to add anything or not because I can't remember every single thing someone has asked and tried to be as detailed with some answers as I could

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can absolutely gain more than one master level at once and end up with like three times your maximum yeah, but that's only like in the opening parts of the game. There's no limit to overflow as far as I know, but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're getting one gold apple btw for some of the problems on release

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah this was just for release issues like a servant np not working properly and some quest stuff

That being said 1 apple is like nothing rn

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're gonna get so little mana prisms you are better off doing like both 30 and 40 ap quests and melting down whatever silver exp you get and that'll get you more MP alone than any of the lower end dailies would've gotten you and you can still keep up on master levels.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

So how aam I supposed to beat Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? Hope Gae Bolg insta-kills him?

You come back later when you servants are stronger and can sustain a fight against him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

I can get him down to 50k HP as it is, thanks to combo of Jeanne and Cu clutching it out, but I can't get below that. Do I need a Waver support?

If you got that close you might as well just pop command seals against him and kill him then

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Is it better to have Artorias Saber or a character that has a bunch of red cards to make my Hercules hit hard all the time?

Artoria's probably better to have since she has waveclear NP and two buster cards so she can actually work with herc p well as far as card synergy goes.

Stagger_Lee posted:

The "acquire" master missions - do those drop from specific dailies, or just randomly from anything?

Getting skill gems comes from the green dailies that are based around the class triangles, yeah.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you start off an attack with arts you inherently gain more NP for your following cards, but if you use buster cards to follow it you are at best gonna get 1% NP gauge increase. So you normally wanna follow the first arts with ideally another one or a quick card since both give you an actual significant increase of NP gauge. If you've been working along those lines you should be able to get NP with Artoria who has generally pretty alright NP gain. Like 30AP hands are weak, but you should be able to get excalibur off of hitting the first two waves enough especially if Artoria is doing overkill damage.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I still feel pretty obligated to use Silver XP on leveling up, I've only just hit 20 on a few dudes and it seems way more important to get everyone up to an ascension level ASAP than worry about hoarding prisms. Bronze though have almost instantly become worthless, obviously.

This is fine too, the game just started and people have plenty of time to get prisms. Getting to a point where you feel comfortable with your team is honestly the most important part of the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And with that 3* servants are finally done.

Since Agartha is happening tomorrow, I might be able to do the remainder of the 4* for then, but I'll try when I can find the time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kyte posted:

Returnable is a terrible word. :colbert:

Refundable dagger

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Waver: "It's just been revoked!"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quetzadilla posted:

Is this still true for the Sunday dungeon which is all-class or should you slam the 40 AP one there?

Yeah Sunday dungeon should still be pretty ripe but it's more of a mixed bag so it might be harder to prepare for

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Septem is after Olreans, there are 3 singularities rn on release

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Artoria is bad since Artoria Alter exists and she does the exact same poo poo she does for less cost and when grailed her attack is actually higher begging why you would use normal Artoria aside from waifu dedication

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also pencils

http://fgo-sps.com/intro.html

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bakanogami posted:

Looks like people spoilers on the identities of the servants in the new JP event are starting to show up. What's the policy on JP spoilers in here?

Story content should be held off on or black barred, servant identities are fine since those are gonna get passed around regardless since no one wants to say "Shinjuku Archer" when referring to James loving Moriarty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lancer Artoria is okay, Alter is better.