Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to reroll for Heracles and get 12 camillas in a row instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Compendium posted:

Don't be silly.

You'll just get a slew of worthless 3* CEs.

When I first started a long time ago, I rolled Carmilla a bunch (like.... probably 12 out of 40 rerolls) and thought she was bad for some awful reason (maybe she was? maybe I misread a poast)

Then I rolled Altera and stuck with her. Then I learned Carmilla was actually pretty good. I'd be 100% fine with a Carmilla starter, I'm not going to go for "Heracles or bust" this time.

Endorph posted:

camilla is cool and good

Now I know better :)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just want a 5 Star, any five star at all.

Show some loyalty to your waifu or husbando, jfc. What do you think this is, a game?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Mah boy Angra and my husbando Merlin won't be in for a while, and my waifu Francis Drake also won't be in at the start.

I'm sorry I misjudged you.

Waiting on Jeanne Alter, myself, to "invest" some IAP with no ROI.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

How much money will I have to spend to get Gilgamesh

Depends how long you wait for farmers to get in on the business :)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'll likely post a bunch of IDs of 4-5 * I don't care for if anything.

I was pretty lucky in JPN with kaleidoscopes and early 5* rolls

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't Altera a tutorial 5* roll?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Will they ask us to bind accounts to googleplay right away or is rerolling expected to work in the west too? (Can you even bind accounts in the USA version or is it to be like the JPN version with access code and user ID?)

Debating Heracles or Carmilla. Would be easy if I rolled a Carmilla starter :v

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

I'm getting Herc and Emiya and then I'm done rerolling. I'm not pushing my luck for 5*, with as much as I've played this game unless Waver or someone else is on an immediate rateup.

That'd be one hell of a starter comp.

Starting off with Emiya might be tedious but would be worth it for sure. Now that you mention it, I might reroll for Emiya too.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

I mean emiya's also just my favorite servant so the fact he ends up godlike was a bonus because I had him back before his buffs and still used him because he's the best and I love him. Him being legit meta good for a while now has just been a cool addition since he's the best non-limited Archer in the game.

For some reason I mistoook Emiya for El Meloi/Zhuge O_o, no idea how that happened.

Very few of my favourite 5* are at launch outside Zhuge. Atilla isn't bad but no Scathach/Nero/Avenger is a very small pool :D

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I was going for nero bride, she's very fun with Zhuge's buffs

I'll likely be hoarding for JAlter the moment I get a good starting comp though.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 25, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:five:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

EzEight posted:

Waver is the best, everyone is good.

Altaria/Artoria is the weakest of the bunch, out of all the 5*s she is the most average. If you roll a 5* keep it.

That's always been so weird to me that Artoria is among the most mediocre 5* . I thought she was a fan favourite and they'd cater to that.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Potentially plus installation time, depending on how you're rerolling. I clocked that at about 15m when I tried the Japanese version yesterday, but obviously that'll depend on your device and connection.

Yeah it's not terrible. Definitely not the longest game to reroll for, not the fastest either.

I think on android you have to clear all cache and reinstall so that's another 5-10 extra minutes depending on device.

PureRok posted:

Just found out about this releasing in English (what luck I'd find out today). How come their website says it's out today, and the app is available today, but I hear it won't actually be playable until tomorrow?

Because PST time sucks :)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, if bind codes work the same way on the English version that'd be a nice time saving.

I'm optimistically looking forward to a few days of people trading bind codes for neat starting rolls in a beautiful utopia.

I'm pessimistically expecting a new system where you need to set up a different Google Payments account for every reroll.

I don't think they're that lovely. JPN rerolling was never that preposterous.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I know the servers aren't live yet but the game just won't launch for me and gives me error code 60, which is apparently related to rooted devices, which mine isn't, nor do I have developer mode on. Hope that gets fixed soon. :shrug:

I think it was mentioned above but apparently you can't use a rooted device.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I knew Cu was good but not that good O_O I never used him after getting Bride/Zhuge/?? on JPN. What's a good side for him?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Do you mean CE? "Cause if so, Volumm Mercury (the Kayneth CE) makes him even more survivable, imaginary around (the ce of sakura in japanese clothing) increases his stargen and makes his np do more damage, and Young Maiden Ignorant of Love (the sola-ui in a dress CE) makes him able to pop his NP more and also increases his np damage and stargen.

Thanks for the pointers Endorph. You're always a helpful hand for games like these, much obliged :)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

How hard is the server going to crash in an hour's time

I'm hoping hard because if the west pops up loudly it'll be good for us in the long run.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Freaking downloading the slowest it ever has.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Woah! Heracles, Zughe and Carmilla!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah... Marie Antoinette 3 times in a row. Feels like old times :'(

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I forget, does the main "reroll phase" end after the first tutorial 10-roll?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Might as well:

3* Cu chu, Heracles - 2 Grandr, divine banquet, Antumbra
Fyg72EMYPc

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Other than Kaleido, what are the top CE's you can hope for at the beginning already?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
drat, this one is tempting.... Lancelot Berserker, Emiya Archer, Atlanta.

How is Lancelot, I've never had him on JPN.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Psiwri posted:

If you're not interested, I would be. Atalanta is a goal of mine. (Are you planning to do more than one account? Waver Herc is pretty good from earlier.)

Sure! Hmu if you're still interested, I'll send you the code.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Marie Antoinette, 2x Cuchu Lancer, Stheno Assassin -- Verdant Sound, Be Elegant,
n6tcUXupzX

Martha, tamamo cat (TAKEN)
xWjD1BGuK4

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 26, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Marie Antoinette, 2x Cuchu Lancer, Stheno Assassin -- Verdant Sound, Be Elegant,
n6tcUXupzX

Tamamo Cat x2, Cuchu Lancer -- Limited Zero, Projection, Divine Banquet, Primeaval Curse
U9KeD7k5dN

Siegfried, Martha, heracles, -- Divine banquet, Verdant sound, Kaleidoscope, Primeval Curse, Imaginery Element (60%NP)
WYMwN31GW3

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 27, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's why, in the end, this version of Medusa can actually not be completely destroyed.

Jenny Angel posted:

Is she extremely bitchy and unsympathetic because that's 100% my type when it comes to anime girls

Too bad Rin isn't an early game servant.

VVVV Edit: Pure RNG. I rerolled 22-25 times so far and haven't seen a 5*. Usually I see 1 4* per pull and sometimes not even that.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 27, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, I'm done. Not my favourites but it's apparently a strong comp to go on with and it's my first 5* in 30+ rerolls.

Vlad3 + Illya CE
Stheno
Cu Chu lancer

2x imaginery elements too.

I kinda regret giving away that Lancelot zerker account since it was my 4th reroll and would have been decent but heh, no takebacksies :D

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

Vlad can take a little while to get going because he's got an S growth curve on his level ups (i.e. his first 15 and last 15 levels don't have much stats but in between his levels are loving enormous), but especially since he's got a buff coming down the pipe even for us (and already live in JP), he's a whirlwind of death once he gets going and he can NP a lot easier than other Zerks. I might still use an Imaginary Element on him, though, because Kazilki Bey hits like a fuckin' truck even before his Interlude. Sadly, we don't get any of his Interludes regardless, since they take place in London.

Thanks for the pointers! I appreciate it. It's my first time getting him, never got a good zerker outside Lancelot on JPN and Lance is reliant on crit building so I never had the comp for him.

So far he wrecks everything at level 40.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vhak lord of hate posted:

So I rolled two Wavers in the introductory pulls and everyone seems to be on his nuts but I'm feeling like I'm trying to level as a healer in an mmo. The only 4* I have is getting two archer Emiyas and the free Saber. Is this going to be grueling until like 50 hours of farming? Because if so I'd rather know and uninstall right now.

Hahaha! Some people hate you so much right now.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Following Vlad3, Cuchu, Stheno. What kind of support is good for Arts that I can get from Friends roll or the free 4* pick? Is there a banner I want to save up for (outside JAlter obviously :p )?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Figured I'd do a 10 roll... all dupes (Stheno x2 (puts me at x3), Imaginary x2 (puts me at x5), Verdant x2 (puts me at x3), Be Elegant (puts me at x3).

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started borrowing someone's Jeanne and I can see why she's a big deal. It's basically a slow God mode for AP30 exp farming. She can solo all of it at level 30. o_O

Reaching 50 with Vlad 3 also makes him less prone to die in 2 hits on AP30 :v: Was starting to regret my staying with him as main account.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 28, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

When you guys talk about selling the 3* exp to get mana prisms for better exp items, are you talking about the fou cards? I don't see how it's better at all other than a 50 atk/hp boost.

Silver XP cards (embers) can give you mana prisms. With 40 you get 10 gold xp cards for all servant types.

Jeez this game likes giving me 4-5* CEs over servants... single pulled Formal craft and Projection on single pulls.

Should I use 60% NP gauge or 25% arts increase for Vlad?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 28, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

So to summarize some of this (since I definitely want to start leveling up at least my Jeanne and Herc so that people start using them as supports)...

-Sell 3* XP cards or spare 3* Servants for Mana Prisms for the purpose of getting 4* XP
-Do the 40 AP daily if you are able to, which I guess means doing absolutely nothing else that day unless you have some apples or a high level Master

Unless you're leveled already, 1 40 AP run will give you enough exp to level up for some time... I forget when that chain leveling ends though.

Welp, beaten

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I did one and it was a reminder not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

So the Star levels on a Servant.. Can those be raised? If so, is there a limit to the increase? I just have no sense of who is good and who isn't. I've just been running a party of the 5-star Saber I pulled with a 4-star Berserker. I haven't hit anything I can't handle yet. But I see people raving about Robin Hood, who doesn't seem like he should be that special, so I have to assume he turns into something impressive down the road? The same goes for Friend summons.. Shouldn't they just be training fodder? Or should I save them and stack them up?

Some 3* are amazingly good (see post 2 for Endorph's tier list reviews). I don't believe stars can be raised ever but it's mostly about individual capacity in the beginning and changes to team synergy the more you progress. Characters also need to ascend (level cap boost) to unlock further skills which they may rely on to become far more efficient in support or damage.

The best example is how strong CuChu Lancer is for a 3* being stronger than many/most 4* and many 5* as well.

Ascension caps follow the star rating (90 for 5*, 80 for 4*, 70 for 3*) and then you can use holy grails to level them a bit more above natural cap.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 28, 2017